when's the next release?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 scorpionfish

scorpionfish
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

When is the next version of Only War going to be released?

#2 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

Where's Ash when you need him... :blush:

http://forums.revora...showtopic=20410

Do not ask us when we will release the next mod version. We will tell you when it's ready.

#3 scorpionfish

scorpionfish
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

I emailed BoomerangPython and he told me to ask in the forum.

#4 sam

sam

Brother Captain

• Hosted
  • 386 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Pacific at War
  •  Brother Captain

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

Probably knowing how torn would react, and because he fancied a laugh :blush:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I am the Hammer

#5 Hell_PDF

Hell_PDF
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

But seriously. I know about that rule, having seen it used on many, MANY peope, but if your in the bug-testing phase, then the unskilled public can help out. At least, it souldn't take till MARCH to test for bugs. What the heck are you guys doing?

#6 sam

sam

Brother Captain

• Hosted
  • 386 posts
  •  Brother Captain

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:10 AM

Living our lives thank you very much, the run up to easter holds mock exams for those still at school in the team, the rest of us have work to consider, but we are working on only war when we get the opportunity, so please, just be patient and remain calm, it'll be done when its done, which could well be march, you never know, it could be april, may, june or july.... :)
I am the Hammer

#7 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:15 PM

It's all really up to cal right now :)
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#8 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

Allow me to quote again:

Do not pester the mod team with questions like "Are you guys actually doing anything?" or downright ignorant comments such as "the emperor commands you drop what you're doing and mod now!" We are making this mod entirely of free will and are not obliged in any way to do any work.

Edited by tornado2099, 07 March 2006 - 05:23 PM.

#9 REWENGER

REWENGER

N00B Inquistor

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:Planing to make my own mod
  •  Forum Writer

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

Allow me to quote again:

Do not pester the mod team with questions like "Are you guys actually doing anything?" or downright ignorant comments such as "the emperor commands you drop what you're doing and mod now!" We are making this mod entirely of free will and are not obliged in any way to do any work.

only time will tell when Only War it is finnised. :huh:
the best trick is to be patient.

Edited by REWENGER, 07 March 2006 - 05:53 PM.

#10 AJ!

AJ!
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:28 PM

This is a joke right?????

Ok i can understand that u guys dont have to carry on this mod. theres no one forcing you to finish and theres no real prize for finishing it. Its just alittle side project for spare time.
But why go to all the trouble of the site and the forums if your gona do a half assed job with the actual mod. Youve gota remember there are peeps out there lookin forward to this mod now and your really letting them down. I only recently looked back and saw how long this mod has been going on for. All i can say is i was shocked. I thought this had started last year from the quantity in the mod but looks like i was way off.......... I dont even know why im here. I was really looking forward to this until a couple months ago, now i visit once every couple weeks to see if theres any sign of life.

Im not forcing you to finish the mod and its up to you wether ur gona finish it or not but just remember the peeps who have been supporting this mod.

#11 sam

sam

Brother Captain

• Hosted
  • 386 posts
  •  Brother Captain

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

The point was never about finishing the mod or not, it will be released no question, and when you say how little has been done, I hope you regret saying that, or perhaps its because you don't notice just how much has changed. There is very little of vanilla gen left at all, the whole lot has been over hauled, just because there are only a few units for each team in 1.0 doesn't mean a lot of work hasn't gone into it, and I think you'll be shocked with 2.0 it feels so much more like a proper stand alone game than just some mod for generals. And you say we're old? with only 4 stable members on the team what do you expect! we've had contributors and people come and go, and we thank each and every one of them for their support, we also thank the fans for being patient and sticking with us, you just have to understand that continually asking when the mod will be ready won't make it ready any faster.
I am the Hammer

#12 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:14 PM

Try doing some work yourself, see the world through our eyes; it'll give you some perspective. Modding is very time consuming, and often there are more important or more interesting things to do.

And if anything this mod is not "half assed". Anyone can churn out a shitty infantry model, whip a skin on it and whip out another 5 of them all looking mildly different. According to your argument that would be superior to one well made and gorgeously detailed model. I wonder if you thought much before saying anything, and incidentally, I'm not wasting potential modding time by typing this, I'm printing work out in the library. Comprende?
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Viper_*

Guest_Viper_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

I agree with aj. The lack of updates has left me wondering why i even bother looking at the site. I can understand its been hard for u guys with the lack of staff and all but this is really just unfair to the community that has supported this mod. maybe an update now and then? or at least give us a rough estimate for release. I mean if we dont know when its coming out then whats there to look forward too? Also whats the point in only war 2 when the first 1 is bairly crawling along as it is....

#14 feilong80

feilong80
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

I agree with aj. The lack of updates has left me wondering why i even bother looking at the site. I can understand its been hard for u guys with the lack of staff and all but this is really just unfair to the community that has supported this mod. maybe an update now and then? or at least give us a rough estimate for release. I mean if we dont know when its coming out then whats there to look forward too? Also whats the point in only war 2 when the first 1 is bairly crawling along as it is....

Give the dudes some slack. This is all volunteer, not for money work. They'll get it done.

-Rob
www.robhowarddesign.com

#15 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

The point with Only War 2 is that EaW is like 50 billion times better to mod and 52 billion times more fun to play with because it has 63 billion different things you can do with it, Only War 1 is going to be released, no date, but as soon as Mr.Calamity gets the last lil bugs/fx churned out, he'll pass the ball onto me and I'll probably do some changes that I find and add the last cameos. After this (If I can get in touch with Marcjs) I will pass the ball on to Marcjs and he'll slap in some AI. After this YOU will have the bleeding mod you're all dying to have.

Seriously, This is a mod, we don't get paid even if we were, we wouldn't accept this kinda crap.
The mod will be out. Sooner or later, time will tell.

Patience and peace.
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#16 SHUMA22

SHUMA22
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

This is a joke right?????

Ok i can understand that u guys dont have to carry on this mod. theres no one forcing you to finish and theres no real prize for finishing it. Its just alittle side project for spare time.
But why go to all the trouble of the site and the forums if your gona do a half assed job with the actual mod. Youve gota remember there are peeps out there lookin forward to this mod now and your really letting them down. I only recently looked back and saw how long this mod has been going on for. All i can say is i was shocked. I thought this had started last year from the quantity in the mod but looks like i was way off.......... I dont even know why im here. I was really looking forward to this until a couple months ago, now i visit once every couple weeks to see if theres any sign of life.

Im not forcing you to finish the mod and its up to you wether ur gona finish it or not but just remember the peeps who have been supporting this mod.

I cant believe there is people like this :) .

Have patience the mod will be finished...(someday ;) ).

#17 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

I cant believe there is people like this .

Have patience the mod will be finished...(someday ).

Thanks for your support, glad to see someone isn't moaning at us..

#18 REWENGER

REWENGER

N00B Inquistor

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:Planing to make my own mod
  •  Forum Writer

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

I cant believe there is people like this .

Have patience the mod will be finished...(someday ).

Thanks for your support, glad to see someone isn't moaning at us..

Rome wasn't build on one day, nore are mods.. ;)

#19 Guest_Guest_Qb1_*_*

Guest_Guest_Qb1_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

anyone can churn out a shitty infantry model, whip a skin on it and whip out another 5 of them all looking mildly different

lol reminds me of a certain company *cough* EA *cough*

The only real time constraint is for as long as computor operating systems run zero hour..... but who knows maybe the next version of windows will be able to run generals and zero hour because theyre still such popular games

ps u guys have still got my support.

#20 Guest_Guest_The Kommissar_*_*

Guest_Guest_The Kommissar_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

anyone can churn out a shitty infantry model, whip a skin on it and whip out another 5 of them all looking mildly different

lol reminds me of a certain company *cough* EA *cough*

The only real time constraint is for as long as computor operating systems run zero hour..... but who knows maybe the next version of windows will be able to run generals and zero hour because theyre still such popular games

ps u guys have still got my support.

If Vista wont support my old games, bill can go screw himself, because I wont even pirate his OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users