#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

The current list & job of the planes in CR is very random so I’m going to change them so each side gets three different types, one for anti-tank/naval, another for anti-building & a bomber that is called in off screen with a superweapon...

As there are so many to pick from I want to know what planes you think each side should get & which role you think they should do out of the three.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:12 AM

Exactly when does CR cover? And if appropriate, and I'm a good boy, could there be Vulcan's? :ohmy:

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#3 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:08 AM

....could there be Vulcan's? :p

Hurrah... a trekkie :p

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#4 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

lol im not to fussed with specific planes for each country, however the A10 is still a keep imo ,

im just happy this mod is ...sorta..alive :p
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:45 PM

The american bomber is an obvious one. The B-2 :p
The tankbuster's gotta be an A-10, while the Anti-building's prolly gonna be an AV-8B or something...I'd go with the Raptor, but that's a bit cliché.

I'm assuming the Russians are still in...so their offscreen bomber's gotta be the Tu-160 Blackjack.

The tankbuster would prolly be a Su-25 or something, though I'm not so sure what their building killer would be.

#6 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

Personally i'd prefer the B1B Lancer as the US bomber. Fast, stealthy sleek design and a huge bombload.

The other roles depend on the actual timeframe of the mod. The A10 is nice, but is likely to be replaced by the F15 Strike Eagle.

As for a anti building capacity there's no contest: F117A Stealth Bomber.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#7 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

F15e's been around a while, really, and it's still not as good as the A10 at antitank work...and besides, the A10 is synonymous with tank obliteration.

But yeah, the B-1 would prolly look better than the B-2, although the B-52 would tend to be more likely to be used than the B-1. Is that thing even in service anymore?

#8 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

F15e's been around a while, really, and it's still not as good as the A10 at antitank work...and besides, the A10 is synonymous with tank obliteration.

But yeah, the B-1 would prolly look better than the B-2, although the B-52 would tend to be more likely to be used than the B-1. Is that thing even in service anymore?

Well the A10 is simply to slow to survive on a modern battlefield dispite it's tons of armor. It's actually scheduled to be replace by the (not so old !! ) F15E Strike Eagle.

The B52 is still in service AFAIK but i'm unsure as to the exact number of them.

Posted Image

#9 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

How do you guys know all those [letter]-[number] names of planes? Just high interest in it I guess? 'Cause I don't get a thing of what you guys are talking about, wish I did though :/.

#10 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

out of memory here I think they made over 500 B-52s over the years and that just under 100 remain in service today. could be wrong though...

I suppose the UK will use the Nimrod for anti naval (there are rumours some might be modified to carry bombs and missiles for long range strikes though). Tornado GR4 or Typhoon for bombing runs and harriers for anti tank I suppose.

the SU-34 could be nice for russia's tank killer, it's whats replacing the SU-25 I think.

how about the F/A 22 for the US' anti building plane (yeah I know it's more of a fighter really but meh).

is ALF Iran now or what btw?

Edited by wilmet, 30 March 2006 - 07:30 PM.

apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#11 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

How do you guys know all those [letter]-[number] names of planes? Just high interest in it I guess? 'Cause I don't get a thing of what you guys are talking about, wish I did though :/.

Years of practice :p

But to accomodate you with the numbers game: http://www.airforce-...ects/index.html

Posted Image

#12 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

Posted Image

X-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF)

Anti-ground, anti-naval

Posted Image

F-117A NIGHTHAWK

Anti-building bomber

Posted Image

B-52 Stratofortress
The B-52H BUFF [Big Ugly Fat Fellow] is the primary nuclear roled bomber in the USAF inventory. It provides the only Air Launch Cruise Missile carriage in the USAF.

Superweapon bomber

Also Generals ZH rips it this image off for Zero Hour Nuke Bomber :p

Edited by Mig Eater, 30 March 2006 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Thanks you guys :p. I recall the JSF specifically, for it has cool voices in Cnc Holland :p. I though if they have some kind of system in this [letter]-[number] naming, but I suppose they do. Thanks.

Mig, good luck with deciding on which types of planes to use ;).

#14 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

First off CR is based about 2010/15

& this is what I was thinking...

America:
Anti-Tank = F-22
Anti-Build = F-35
Bomber = B-2

Britain:
Anti-Tank = EF-2000
Anti-Build = Tornado
Bomber = Nimrod

Russia:
Anti-Tank = Su-37
Anti-Build = Mig-1.44
Bomber = Tu-160

China:
Anti-Tank = J-10
Anti-Build = J-12
Bomber = Tu-22m

ALF:
Anti-Tank = Mig-21
Anti-Build = Su-17
Bomber = Tu-16

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

but isn't the Y-8 a transport plane? couldn't ALF use the Tu-95 bomber so the chinese could use the Tu-16 ?
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#16 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

http://www.sinodefen...dattack/h61.asp

The chinese already have an Tu-16 under the codename H-6

Personally I would like China to use the Tu22m which Russia was planning to sell to them as seen in this article

http://www.sinodefen...ndattack/hx.asp

pic of Tu22m

http://aeroweb.lucia...mbers/tu22m.htm

Edited by Allied General, 30 March 2006 - 10:20 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

I have no idea why I thought of the Y-8... anyway the Tu-22m sounds good, I’ve already got a voxel of it too

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

Gameing my life to the end of it

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:41 AM

No A10 and no F117 :(((

#19 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

No A10 and no F117 :(((

there common place and a bit old especially the A10

Edited by Allied General, 31 March 2006 - 09:20 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

First off CR is based about 2010/15

& this is what I was thinking...

If it's set 2010-2015 sorta time...Britain probably wouldn't be using units as outdated as the Tornado and Nimrod (which is an ASW or recon plane, not really a bomber). They'd prolly use something the Yanks gave them, or perhaps the French Mirage-2000s.

Bearing in mind also that the F-35 is a carrier-based craft...I have to concur that the F-117 is perhaps a more suitable alternative. The Raptor and the F-35 look really similar, too.

ALF:
Anti-Tank = Mig-21
Anti-Build = Su-17
Bomber = Tu-16

Lol, these guys got the short straw...:rolleyes: Realistic, appropriate, but downright suckitudinous in the time-frame ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users