MultiMod detection system

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Palii

Palii
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

You will surely get it to work Thud! Thanks again for everyone.

Night Shift is much ready for release, I had nothing else to do on the mod (already made 41 custom loadscreens), so I jumped into scarcoding. As a result: All night maps will now fade in and display a random UCS message on the screen when the game launches. A script checks for human players, so this only happens in skirmish to prevent sync errors due to the random variable. It really sets the mood.

Edited by Palii, 04 May 2006 - 12:15 AM.

#42 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:25 AM

If we would set the variable for all players and not just for AI players, then it should also work with autoexec, right? At least if DOW doesn't crash when setting variables for real players...

Guess you are right but I won't take the risk for no real gain. It's fine the way Finaldeath did code it IMO.

#43 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:42 PM

Final Night_Shift AI code is gone off to Palii after having tested it thoroughly. Once I get the OKIE DOKES from him then I'll close the topic. Thanks FD, Larkin, and Arkhan on this round!
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#44 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

Arkhan: don't bother. There is no need!

Larkin got enough time down to test it, and, like I said, it works fine.

Reasons for the Cpu_IsCpuPlayer() "not working" will only be "the CPU player is not loaded at that time when the script fires". It isn't worth altering it - I'd not start making Cpu_ commands fire on all players, just in case :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users