(Band) MALICE MIZER

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

Now I know a lot of you bastards don't like Japanese music because of the "horrible" Japanese singing.. but fuck that I'm still gonna make my post about my favorite band ever, MALICE MIZER.

The thing I like about Japanese vocals is that even though I can't understand I can let my imagination take a guess and really go for the emotional feel of the voice and instruments.

The band was founded by Mana and Közi in 1992.
They made their first album called 'Memoire DX' which is an album with an 80's goth rock sound with heavy classical influences. The singer at that time was Tetsu, he has a rather operatic voice.
The musical feel to it was a bit depressive, especially in songs like 'Kioku to sora'.

After this album came the second album, 'Voyage ~sans retour~'.. this is where the new vocalist 'Gackt' came in.
Posted Image
I'm sure that some of the anime fans know him.. he did a lot of songs for anime stuff too.
Anyways I'm not really that into this album, I call it their worst.. but it has some nice songs, like 'Transylvania', 'No Pains No Gains' and 'Premier Amour' and a lot of songs which would later be reproduced on one of their 3rd and finest album, 'merveilles'. During the time that Gackt was around, the musical sound of MALICE MIZER changed a lot.. it changed into fancy French-tinted music.

zmm7.jpg

Very refined, having some very bright and nice songs. Very happy and romantic - that what the album called 'merveilles' is. It is in my opinion one fucking MASTERPIECE.
Every song is brilliant, sometimes heavy instruments, sometimes very refined. The vocals just rock, Gackt did an awesome job. It featured songs like Au Revoir, Bel Air and 'ILLUMINATI' (tis a bit obscene so not for kiddies).
That album just rocks, its ever so unique, very happy and just beautiful. I suggest you to try it.

After making a few more singles Gackt left, and later on Kami died, which had an enormous impact on MALICE MIZER's sound. They changed from happy upbeat French pop-like sound into dark and sinister organ playing vampire themed music. I'm sure a lot of you gothheads would love that stuff, and I suggest you to try their last album, 'Bara no seidou'.

zmm11.jpg
Videoclip MALICE MIZER - Shiroi Hada ni Kuruu ai to Kanashimi no Rondo, Videoclip MALICE MIZER - Kyomu no nakade no yuugi, Videoclip MALICE MIZER - Gardenia, Videoclip MALICE MIZER - Beast of Blood

Edited by Kazyumi, 23 July 2006 - 09:16 AM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#2 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:58 AM

Hmm, i may have to check these people out
I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

#3 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:50 PM

You should definately give them a whirl. :p

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#4 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:19 AM

Meh. Not really my thing. >_>

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#5 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:39 AM

They are OK, but like Fenring said, it's not my thing

Edited by Twilus, 23 July 2006 - 03:39 AM.

I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users