#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:56 AM

The following is the list of items that will be included in the next release - v1.05. This will coming in the 2-4 weeks depending on the amount of free time I have and how many campaign maps I will be including. I'm been focusing this release on game content that will be used in the campaign, not just campaign maps. I'll continue to add to this list as I get closer.

- Mod updated with the new patch - included bug fixes and relevant items
- Will now use the -mod command
- A number of bug fixes and other items (i.e Mumakil being boarded by haradrim, damagescalars all fixed for new units, ai fixes, object groups changed, etc.)
- Modified dwarven textures with a mithril mail look and less...colorful (Guardians, Phalanx, Axethrowers...) as well as slightly different randomized textures
- Slightly modified textures for Glorfindel, Gloin, Nazguls, Witchking, Fellbeast
- Higher quality Easterling skins
- New evil heroes (3 troll heroes, 9 different nazguls, Gothmog moutable, Dragon Hero Durmalug, and maybe 1 Rhun hero)
- Shellmap from BFME1 with new logo and BFME1 loadscreens
- 6 new BFME1 style maps - Dunharrow, Cair Andros, Anorien, Mouths of the Entwash, Belfalas, Brown Lands along with the AI for these maps - literally 100s of .bse files
- The new gameplay style will be near 100% complete with the capturable buildings and other items added.
- So far I have Ithilien (2 versions), Cair Andros, & Erebor slotted to be included. If I get more/less done by the release I'll include more/less.
- I'll make a few more of the maps "hero maps" similar to Minas Tirith now where all of the new hereos are available to play.

Well, those are the major items. There are a number of small items not listed above.

With so many changes I'm thinking of releasing a pre-release private beta first if I can find enough testers willing to play through and work out the bugs with me. Reply here if you are interested in joining a private test of the mod.

As always, thank you for playing,
Robert J.

Edit:
The list of who will be in the v1.05 test group: (If your name is not here and you want it to be - post, if you want it to be removed, post)

fehik
mumak_king
GrandMoffDima
pasiecaaL
YodaWarrior
Angmarian Warrior
Catabre
Thomas of hunter's
Khamul91
lasman
Azrapse
Delta 57 Dash
My_Hour - BFME2 Heaven
el kevo
Digz
Kojho
PowaNoob
Lotrfan2
OldGimli
Redhorn Pass
adummy
Crashdoc
Allathar
thekiller11
Dalf32
lotrfan
Captain Gimli
Lord_Sauron
kaka22
Xingdao Fan
Zyzzyva
lotrfreak
cleaburn
jimmyman
MorgoththeMight
Elendil the High
hrrypttrbst
patsfan1663
mr_g
Nothingness
ColdForgedSoul
Nénmacil
Sword_of_the_North
CloudsOfSquall
Ergopad
sdunnyw506
phows
Isenlord
Megatron
redav
Fire_of_the_South
kmanooch
Fister Senile
The Best Guest
hudfa
Nu8
dracker
Catchy
Ed Of The 3rd Kind
Aadam
Shikari
Distant
Jepa
Lord_Denethor
LordIstari
tmike199310
Dzhon
shaftyclimber

Edited by robnkarla, 31 July 2007 - 06:02 PM.

#2 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:18 AM

Well i am interested enough, but if you can tell me what exactly i have to do(because i never really tested anything like this, so some info would be good)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

Rob I have a question. Whats the Wild?

#4 mumak_king

mumak_king
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:27 AM

i would like to be a beta tester i have time and i have all the needed(the game patch ect) and i know how to install it and this mod is the best mod really after battles of gondor was cancelled this became my favourite mod so i beg you can i beta test

#5 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

Well i am interested enough, but if you can tell me what exactly i have to do(because i never really tested anything like this, so some info would be good)

Basically, not much more than what you've already done. A Beta Tester's role varies widely mostly depending what application being tested. For the mod, I'm looking for a couple of different roles for the testing.

1) Find as many bugs as possible - these can range from items like the mumakil's not coming with haradrim, missing strings for tooltips, to gee wiz- the game crashes when I play Amon Hen. When bugs arrive, depending on severity you try to supply as much information as applicable - i.e. if I were reporting a bug to EA I'd let them know that for fortresses if I select to build a hero first before I purchase an upgrade the upgrade will wait until the hero is done before building, but if I select the upgrade and then the hero they both build at the same time. One of them is correct and EA would ideally then program it to build both in both scenarios or they would use the queue in both situations.

2) Balance items. While playing, if you notice that one item is overpowered in terms of cost/benefit - i.e. the Galadrim warriors for Arnor - you could them let me know that you think they are overpowered. Along with reporting an item like this you could give your suggestion on how this might be corrected - raise their cost/lower their upgraded damage, give them fire arrows vs. silverthorne. Usually in a balance mod these types of items start with generalities like one unit or unit type is overpowerd (RotW 1.00 - archers/axethrowers) and then I would make larger changes to bring the unit/type in line. As time goes on these head to being more specific, that take into account specific matchups - isengard vs elves where all other matchups might be completely balanced but lorien archers might have a specific problem with the warg packs which is then considered an exploit as each multi-player match would then use this unbalanced match-up.

3) Suggestions/comments. Usually you might thoroughly test a specific area of the mod - a faction, the campaign, the BFME1 style maps, etc. As you go through all the nuances any suggestion or idea that you might have that can improve the mod is always welcome. If you're playing the campaign and you think that a specific map does not play the way you would like, let me know. "Hey, I think Isengard is too easy to take over - Saruman should be able to destroy the ents like butter" or "Isengard is way too difficult, the Ents had very little problems in the movie destroying the fortress and I lose too many Ents." Any and all suggestions/comments are vital to a mod's success. Without them, my mod will be something that I love 100% but it is just for me and geared towards me with me staying close-minded to any other possibilities. Comments/Suggestions spark ideas and thoughts that can be included to improve the mod.

Well, these are some of my ideas on beta testing, but do not think that I take myself and the mod too seriously. The items listed above come more for my work experience as I've gone through the various stages of software implementation and software design and how I might think to incorporate these things into modding. But modding is a hobby and is supposed to be fun. All I'm really looking for in Beta testers is the basic bug finding, comments/suggestions, and also to see if I can create a small community of those playing the mod to get multiplayer games together to test those aspects as well. I really would like to get the multiplayer balance close some of the other mods/patches out there like the BT2DC. I think the singleplayer game will attract people to play and the multiplayer game will keep everyone playinng as much as they'd like.

I've rambled on again...I'm getting a little too old...

Rob I have a question. Whats the Wild?

The Wild? I'm not exactly sure what context this is in, but I'll give it a stab. The Wild is the internal faction name for the goblins. In all of EA's coding the goblins are referenced as Wild. They tend to do this - changing the description so there is a mismatch. I think Morgomir/Morgramir was the most infuriating for me. It took me forever to realize there were at least 3 different names used for the same unit.

i would like to be a beta tester i have time and i have all the needed(the game patch ect) and i know how to install it and this mod is the best mod really after battles of gondor was cancelled this became my favourite mod so i beg you can i beta test

I'll add you to the list. My plan is to release this beta in the next few weeks. I'm working on a trailer that I will be releasing across many sites that will show off the mod and include beta testing information. Anyone who wants to sign up I'll be sending PMs and creating the beta testing list, so the only requirement will be that you have an account. My thoughts will be to basically have a public/private beta, for the next release anyone who wants to test will be able to. Then depending on how much they get involved will determine who will be invited for the next release. That does not mean that you have to find 100 bugs and write a disertation on the balance between dwarves and mordor, just basically that make sure that the beta testers are willing to provide feedback and not just be able to get access to the next release.

Well, enough rambling....
Robert J.

#6 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

So can I be a tester too?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 GrandMoffDima

GrandMoffDima

2nd of the Nine

• Project Team
  • 103 posts
  • Projects:Winds of the East (Own BFME project)

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

I wan't to be a beta-tester what i must to do ?

#8 pasiecaaL

pasiecaaL
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

Hey rob i would like to be a tester i have a little experience because i,m a beta tester for the WOA

:)

PS all looks great

#9 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

All you have to do to be a beta tester for the 1.05 release is just post with a valid username that you want to be a beta tester.

What I'll do is keep track of the list of names who ask, and then send them a PM in about 1-2 weeks as the release gets closer to confirm that you are still interested. When I get the reply back, I'll send you a link to the download location of where it will be as well as a password to the file when it is available.

For v1.05 it will be completely open to anyone applying. v1.06 will be more restrictive based on how 1.05 goes and participation in the beta, and so forth. I'm coming from a completely open release where a lot of people have downloaded/played the mod from different communities and commented on it, mostly outside of this site. My goal in part of this is to bring everyone together in a community so we can set up multiplayer matches to test that aspect and to focus everyone through the forums. They are now spread out across 5-6 different download sites. I think the mod has a lot of potential in both adding single-player and multi-player content and I want to create an environment that will cultivate the multiplayer experience as well as being able to try to get a throrough testing of the mod. I'm crossing my fingers that this will successfully work, but time will tell.

So, all you need to do is post!

Robert J.

#10 D_bershevits

D_bershevits
  • Banned
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:Gondor Power Pack, Last Alliance

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

i guess i could test. If you want more information please pm me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

Can you post your factions up too. I will check your site.

#12 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:46 PM

id like to test a bunch :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#13 GrandMoffDima

GrandMoffDima

2nd of the Nine

• Project Team
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:32 AM

I wan't to be a beta-tester !

#14 Guest_Angmarian Warrior_*

Guest_Angmarian Warrior_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

Hey Robnkarla! :)

I'm realy interested in this mod (it's like a dream to me tbh), so I would like to be a betatester for it. But is it a problem if I'm not very active in June? The examinations are coming to me, and they take a lot of my spare time away. There is still GR etc. So I would like to betatest, but I might not be as active with the mod as you would wish. ;)

Is this a problem for you? :blink:

Kind regards,

AW

PS: You can contact me on xfire (username: Ninke display name: Angmarian Warrior), or via PM on GameReplays.org. :sad:

#15 pasiecaaL

pasiecaaL
  • Project Team
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

Thankxs for making me a tester i will hear the rest???? :blink:

#16 GrandMoffDima

GrandMoffDima

2nd of the Nine

• Project Team
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

Senks you very mach robnkarla

#17 lasman

lasman
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

heh, i could test it, all i do at home is play games, so itd be normal for me

#18 D_bershevits

D_bershevits
  • Banned
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:Gondor Power Pack, Last Alliance

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

Thank you for accepting me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Thomas of Hunter_*

Guest_Thomas of Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

The following is the list of items that will be included in the next release - v1.05. This will coming in the 2-4 weeks depending on the amount of free time I have and how many campaign maps I will be including. I'm been focusing this release on game content that will be used in the campaign, not just campaign maps. I'll continue to add to this list as I get closer.

- Mod updated with the new patch - included bug fixes and relevant items
- Will now use the -mod command
- A number of bug fixes and other items (i.e Mumakil being boarded by haradrim, damagescalars all fixed for new units, ai fixes, object groups changed, etc.)
- Modified dwarven textures with a mithril mail look and less...colorful (Guardians, Phalanx, Axethrowers...) as well as slightly different randomized textures
- Slightly modified textures for Glorfindel, Gloin, Nazguls, Witchking, Fellbeast
- Higher quality Easterling skins
- New evil heroes (3 troll heroes, 9 different nazguls, Gothmog moutable, Dragon Hero Durmalug, and maybe 1 Rhun hero)
- Shellmap from BFME1 with new logo and BFME1 loadscreens
- 6 new BFME1 style maps - Dunharrow, Cair Andros, Anorien, Mouths of the Entwash, Belfalas, Brown Lands along with the AI for these maps - literally 100s of .bse files
- The new gameplay style will be near 100% complete with the capturable buildings and other items added.
- So far I have Ithilien (2 versions), Cair Andros, & Erebor slotted to be included. If I get more/less done by the release I'll include more/less.
- I'll make a few more of the maps "hero maps" similar to Minas Tirith now where all of the new hereos are available to play.

Well, those are the major items. There are a number of small items not listed above.

With so many changes I'm thinking of releasing a pre-release private beta first if I can find enough testers willing to play through and work out the bugs with me. Reply here if you are interested in joining a private test of the mod.

As always, thank you for playing,
Robert J.

Edit:
The list of who will be in the v1.05 test group: (If your name is not here and you want it to be - post, if you want it to be removed, post)

fehik
mumak_king
GrandMoffDima
pasiecaaL
D_bershevits
YodaWarrior

I'd like to be a tester. ThomasofHunter

#20 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

Wow, thanx that you accepted me:D, and when you're releasing the beta, cause in the next two weeks i'm quite busy, but i can still break a little time...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users