Installation Issues

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anglia_*

Guest_anglia_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

If anyone is having trouble installing bog, let us know here and we will do whatever we can to help! :p

Edited by anglia, 08 August 2008 - 11:54 AM.

#2 Taelohn

Taelohn
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

Hi! i have a problem with the install of this mod, i installed the game in spanish and when i install this mod it creates a folder in this location: C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\Datos de programa\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files. In that location i only have this files after install the mod: bog.big and Unistal Battles of Gondor 4.0

I have my game in spanish and i think this mod should intalled in this location to run: C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\Datos de programa\Mis archivos de El Señor de los Anillos, El Resurgir del Rey Brujo. That is the "same" location but in spanish :p.

Thanks for do this mod and for your help.

#3 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

Yes, that is true. The installer may not work with all languages, but I don't think there is anything we can do about it :(

Thanks for letting us know though, hopefully other Spanish people will read this and know what do to :p
Posted Image
Thanks to kseni-chan for the sig

#4 Chdzo

Chdzo
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hi guys.

Ive had no problem instaling the game, but when I was about to start it it was no shortcut on my desktop. or nothing saved on my computer. so i tried to reinstal it. same thing happend.

its like gone when I instal it.

help me?:mellow:

chzdo

#5 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

The installer doesn't copy the shortcut to your desktop. It only puts a file in ''C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" folder. If there is something there it installed correctly.

Just copy the shortcut (I think it is included in the .rar file, so it should be there if you extract it) to your desktop and then run it.

I hope that I described it clear enough. If its not, or if it doesn't work, there is another way. A bit more complicated but I can tell you if you can't figure it out :p
Posted Image

#6 Guest_Cirion_*

Guest_Cirion_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

hi there ppl

first to say, very nice work the mod looks really good

I tried the mod but most of the stuff turns pink. :D :p

So I thought perhaps I did something wrong with the shortcut?
In the instruction it says: if youve installed rotw in some other file you need to edit the shortcut

I have Rotw installed here:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king

And the mod installer puts the "bog.big" file and the uninstall file here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files

So when i edit the shortcut wich link do I have to use for "target" and wich for "start in" ?

I have version 2.01 Rotw.

I hope anyone can help me :D

#7 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

Normally this happens when you put the .big file in your main directory, but it seems something different this time.

You can probably just use the provided shortcut, otherwise you edit it to the following:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod bog.big
Start in: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king"

Copy that exactly, including quotation marks etc. Also, the space between " and -mod bog.big is important and often overlooked.

I have a question, you say the new stuff is there but is all pink or are you saying there is nothing new and everything turns pink? If it is the first reinstalling/downloading might help.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Cirion_*

Guest_Cirion_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:01 AM

Normally this happens when you put the .big file in your main directory, but it seems something different this time.

You can probably just use the provided shortcut, otherwise you edit it to the following:

Target: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod bog.big
Start in: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king"

Copy that exactly, including quotation marks etc. Also, the space between " and -mod bog.big is important and often overlooked.

I have a question, you say the new stuff is there but is all pink or are you saying there is nothing new and everything turns pink? If it is the first reinstalling/downloading might help.

Hi there whoozy

I did exactly what you said, now the shortcut opens the normal RotW.

Answer to your question: only the new stuff turns pink

#9 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

Hmm, then I must have said something wrong :D

With what shortcut does the mod work but that everything turns pink? Can you post those properties?
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Cirion_*

Guest_Cirion_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hmm, then I must have said something wrong :p

With what shortcut does the mod work but that everything turns pink? Can you post those properties?

hi whoozy I dont remember wich properties I did when all the stuff turned pink.

But wel uhm..

I have rotw original (bfme2 also)
and I already tried to reinstall it but didnt work
still the mod install places the bog.big file in this map: C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files
( And I cant change this in the mod install :good: )
while RotW is in in the normal folder: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king

So I really dont know what to do now

#11 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

It installs correctly. Another thing that came up in my mind is that you might need to be administrator to install it correctly, are you administrator / the only one using the PC you trying to install the mod on?

Did you try the shortcut supplied with the download? That should normally work.

Another thing, do you have the latest patch?
Posted Image

#12 Guest_Cirion_*

Guest_Cirion_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

yup there is only one account on this pc.
but i dont think thats the problem because I could install very easily the RJ RotwK mod.
It just dont work with BoG...

yup used the auto patch from rotw.

#13 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

That is very strange. In what way is RJ RotwK mod installed? Is it also a .big file with a separate shortcut?

btw: The .big at the end is important. Maybe there is a version number behind the bog.big file, like bog37.big or something. Check if that is the case, because if it is the case you'll also have to put that in the shortcut. I'm not sure if this version has it, but some old versions did.
Posted Image

#14 Guest_Cirion_*

Guest_Cirion_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

RJ RotwK mod doesnt have a .big file but very much files in one map called RJ_RotWK. You need to put the map in C:\
and use the suplied shortcut only edit the target to:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK"

The suplied Bog shortcut has no version number or anything else, just: bog.big

So is there an other way for me to install the BOG mod? Cause I almost tried everything now.

#15 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

Yes there is, if you have the program called finalbig you can extract the files from the bog.big file and put them into a folder just like you do with the RJ_ROTWK mod. You'll need to do some stuff yourself and you probably won't get it correct the first time, but if you want I can write a few steps.
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

I have a problem wirh BOG when I start installing its allways 50 percent and then it stopps an is not working anymore.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

not Bog i mean the mod

#18 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

This is normal, you'll just have to give it a while to install. Just leave your pc and when you come back it'll be installed :p
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

thx but it doesent start it only starts the original bfme 2 rotwk

#20 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

After you've installed it you need to use the new shortcut, it isn't automatically placed on your desktop, but together with the installer.exe in the .rar file. Just copy it to your desktop and use it to run the mod.

You might have to adjust the properties if you've installed your game somewhere else. But you'll probably know that you have to if this is the case.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users