Akimbo help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_SayUNKLE_*

Guest_SayUNKLE_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

I am having a tough time finding or developing a duel wepaons mod for UT3. Also called Akimbo.

Help with this code would be much appreciated as I have tried converting the Ut2k4 code ut I am getting nowhere fast.
I would even be willing to compensate (within reason) for AN AKIMBO MOD.
Our clan (www.sayunkle.com) {UNK} uses Akimbo in our 2004 servers and have daily requests to get similir gameplay witho our 3 UT3 servers.

Thx for reading,
-SayUNKLE

#2 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Hello!

The trick is, there's a lot more code involved in this than one might think, depending on what needs to be done. If the game allows you to use two of any one weapon, then you'd probably write new weapon classes derived from UTWeapon for each weapon that can be wielded twice - and from there you'd want to copy the pertinent structure from UTWeap_Enforcer to make them work properly.

There's a mutator (EliteMachines?) that has some weapons that work like this already, that should give you a good start.

If however, they allow you to wield two different weapons, this could prove considerably more difficult.

An Akimbo style ability was intended to be added to CTF++ (and then allow four weapons for the Double Damage class), but it wasn't finished. But that is how I know it should work.

Uploading / linking the UT2004 mutator somewhere for me to look at would be handy.

Edit:
http://sheelabs.game...h...;rev=0&sc=0

The early classes for a link gun weapon (UR_Weap_MegaLink) and a dualable version (UR_Weap_MegaLinkx2) can be found using the above link.

Edited by ambershee, 20 December 2008 - 08:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users