#21 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:40 AM

A) You search the drawers, to find a Pistol with a few magazines, some Lab notes and documents, some cash, a keycard, and a spare guard suit "How convienent." you think as you put the guard suit on and hope for the best, pocketing the random finds. You look around and find yourself confronted with a door to the right, a soda machine straight ahead, and another door to the left.

You-
1) Go to the door to the right, it requires you to use the keycard, it might be your way out of this mess.
2) Go for the Soda! I'm parched!
3) Go to the door to the left, this one looks rather old and unused, and doesn't require a keycard.

#22 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:01 AM

3) you go out the old door, and find yourself in the 'guts' of the facility. Compared to the sterile environment indoors this rusty dirty environment is quite the contrast.
You walk around, following metal walkways around. below power generators can be seen, but they are half submerged in some fairly dangerious looking luiqide, and if that wasn't enough to go by the warning signs would be.

You find yourself with a few options on your path. Above is a big slow moving fans duct, and light is filtering through it but there doesn't seem to be any way up, high in the wall there is a window but likewise appears to have no way of getting to it. you could always try going down, but that liquid is letting off some fairly noxious fumes, even at this distance, and the electrical generators occasionally let arching volts of electricity escape. And then you could always follow the walk way. You look out over the walkway, down at the liquid, and accidentally drop your gun.
brilliant, there goes my only defense you think to yourself. Quickly you think over your options, then decide on...

1) the fan above, there are some cables hanging down from the roof and you can jump from your platform and climb them up
2) the window, use the same cables to swing across, breaking the dust smothered glass and escaping
3) going down, you just have to not fall into the liquid, you can do that no sweat, there are things bobbing around you can jump across
4) following the path, it might lead to a less risky escape

((no gun for you! :xcahik_: ))

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

4. Follow the path, it might lead to a less risky escape.

'Well, the path looks fine,' you think as you start walking down it. You were wrong. As you're about a quarter of the way down the path, you hear some mechanical whirring from above. You look up, and see that the ceiling is slowly lowering. You dash for the end of the path, and the ceiling starts pressing on your head, so you duck and run at the same time. The ceiling almost presses against your back as you dive for the exit. As soon as you're clear, the ceiling suddenly drops really hard onto the floor. 'Woah, that was close,' you think as you take deep breathes in an attempt to get your heart under 190 beats per minute. You look around, and see a computer on a desk with many drawers.

1. Look around to see what the computer has.
2. Look in the drawers for anything of value.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#24 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

2. You search the draws but find only a gun with a single bullet. To the left there is a vending machine selling all kinds of ammo from armour piercing to incendiary, unfourtunately you only have enough money to buy another single bullet. Beneath the keypad there appears to be a keycard slot.

Behind you appears as clanking noise. As you look around a small blocky spider enters your sight. You raise the documents in defence, after all it seems pretty harmless, but a powerful acid burns through them. Do you:

1) Go left and buy a specialized bullet
2) Go left and put the keycard in the slot
or
3) Go back, the collapsed ceiling gives you a flat square room, easy to run across.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#25 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

2) As the keycard slides in, the small spider deactivates, and you here a voice unlike any Human's, but it doesn't have a computerizied voice either, "Access Accepted." it said, then you exhale slowly "must of been a security spider." you think as you look around. You see only two ways out, yet another door which requires keycard access, but unlike the first, and a Vent Shaft which seems rather silent.

you-
1) Go through the door, my keycard might be of use.
2) Get inside the shaft.

#26 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:21 AM

1)
You try the keycard in the door, but unfortunately it doesn't work. You walk over the the shaft, you only other option. Why so many shafts? you think to yourself.
You kick out the grill at the end of the shaft, and find yourself back in the sterile environment of the facility.
"test five complete" says the computer voice from before
"you are doing, very well" it says in what feels like an almost patronising voice. What!? you think to yourself, alarmed as much as confused
"as part of a required test protocol, it was necessary to place you in what may have felt like dangerous situations. We assure you that everything was under our complete control, and nothing *unacceptable* would have happened to you in any circumstances". The computer voice said 'unacceptable' in a suspiciously quite volume, if you weren't playing close attention you might have missed it all together.
so, all that back there? it was still part of some test!? all under their control? You go from being hopeful of attaining freedom back to helplessness as you realise this. With a solemn attitude you step through the doors to the next chamber. you notice a tingle as you walk through a field covering the door, and you notice your cloths changing back to the test overalls, and your gun evaporates into thin air.

you walk into the next room, and the abstract angles and impossibility of what you see stuns you. Its just like the picture by M.C. Escher, but its real!
Its mind boggling. from the roof above you... or is it the floor, you cant really tell, a robotic arm comes down, and before you can do anything fastens a big belt-like decide across your stomach.
"the gravity field manipulator will help you traverse the next obstacle. Make it too the exit and proceed to the next room." Says the computer.

1) start walking, you will eventually find your way out... even if it is more then a little disorienting
2) no this cant be real! close your eyes and count to 3, you're sure to wake up!
3) plan out a coarse from here, you can see most of the place from hwere you stnad, all you have to do is plan your path and go.

Posted Image

#27 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

2) You close your eyes and count to 3. When you open them the wierd world's still infront of you. Taking a chance you jump. You start spinning wildly but you make it to the exit. Stepping through you find yourself outside, standing upside-down on a cloud.
Do you:
1: Jump, it worked last time
2: Try and walk up the side of the cloud until you're the wright way up
3: Say "there's no place like home" 3 times

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#28 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

1: Jump, it worked last time.

As you enter your hilariously ironic free fall upward, you soon come in contact with space, but do not lose your ability to breathe. As you float in space, you figure out if you come in contact with any planets, your screwed, so you try to get back to Earth. You find a space ship nearby, you -

1)Get in the spaceship, it just might have the fuel.
2) Jump off the spaceship's hull, if I angle it right, I'll be on earth in no time.
3) since you can breathe, try to hold your footing, and head for something, you'll bump into a wall eventually or find a way out of this place.

#29 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:34 AM

1)Get in the spaceship, it just might have the fuel
You board the spaceship and find that it has been long abandoned and most of it is rusted. you begin to walk the corridors of the abandoned ship, with your trusty old flashlight in hand. You hear a crying sound behind a door. you walk up close to the door and the crying begins to get louder, what will you do

1) bash down the door
2) run away screaming because your all scared
3) slowly open the door to see what is making the noise

#30 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

1)bash down the door

"hey guys, i hear a witch" says Louis suddenly coming up from behind you
You turn and with one kick bash down the door. A piercing scream sounds as the infected leaps upwards, you jump backwards, the ratta-tatta of gunfire sounds as the witch incapacitates Louis, quickly you decide to:
1) save louis, you gotta save the black man
2) try to save louis but fail, getting killed by the witch
3) ran away!
3) stop playing Left 4 Dead and writing RP's involving characters from that game, and do something more productive.

:xd:

Posted Image

#31 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

3) Run away.

Once you notice it was all just some stupid day-dream, you figure out your standing aimlessly in the corridor of the spaceship. You venture past the rust and mold, until you find a control room. The control room, unlike the rest of the ship, was brightly lit, no flickering lights or destroyed hardware. Once you finally make it to what seems to be a control pad, you press a number of buttons, which end up with you exiting and somehow making it through the room.

"Congratulations, you passed Test 58-H3. These tests will be much more brutal, be careful." Before you stands a door, not just any door, it seems, although; It was quite wide, glowing lights seemed to spurt out of the door, traveling until you see a shelf with a few things on them. When you think about it, it becomes clear that choosing one of the items on the table will gain you access to the next door.

You walk up to the shelf and find two things, you-
A) Pick up the key card, why it's there you don't know, but it might be useful.
B) A silenced MP5, might be useful against armed resistance, why else would they put a gun there?
C) Take both, I'll probably need both of them.
D) Do nothing, wait until the AI talks again, she can get me out.

Edited by Durandel, 13 May 2009 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users