Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

*long post after long time of abscense*

SEE Fans & Players, and everoyone else that do give a damn...
I know a lot of you have been wondering about the status of SEE, and after some really heavy months of work (as in regular job), I'm starting to come back. That is; find time and energy to return to T3A. Usually I give a heads up before I leave, but this time I didn't really leave on the other hand. I sorta got "hung up" on life that for example involved a seriously demented young woman. But lets not get into that. Mostly it's due to all g*d d*amn problems that have been affecting SEE ever since the team had its first split up. This time the problem lies with a second round of road bumbs within the team. Let's sum up the history, for all you new guys:

SEE started as a one man show. A small alteration of "Marks Full GamePlay Mod 1.04b" with even further emphasis on "realism" and movie feeling. I mostly re-balanced the whole game towards the imagined realism, and reskinned as many units as I found nescessary to reach a higher level of movie resemblance. Eventually, SEE grew into a somewhat big project, for its size, and goals. And with that, the mod found a large fan base. Amngst those, new modders came forth offering help. Some donated things, and some offered help with the everyday modding. Once Sûlherokhh joined as Coder, I could concentrate on what I do best - organizing, planning and administering models and whatnot, as well as doing art and skins. Together we transformed SEE from a pretty big, but "narrow" mod (looks and balance mostly), into what became the biggest and most advanced mod for BFME2.

This was never my intention really, even though it's great fun to have reach there. But there is a BIG downside to this, and that is that as a Mod Author and Team Leader you grow 100% dependant on your team, once you've crossed that line of what could possibly be done by you alone. I could never ever even dreamof finishing SEE by myself. I am TOTALLY dependant on Sûlherokhh to code it, as I am on modelers such as Ed of the 3rd Kind, Flameguard, etc to deliver models to match Sûl's coding and my skinning and the expectations overall on a mod like SEE. There's so way in any dimension that I could do this alone anymore. And there haven't been for ages...

NOW, with this said, we have established that SEE stands and falls not with me, but with the SEE Team together. I try to be the strong foundation that holds the entire chain of links, but sometimes people just lose interest, and when they do, work might be lost or left unfinished. This is unfortionately the case with the single most important item for Beta 4.7 - the Rhûn Fortress (Evil Men's faction fortress). Without this model fully working, there's nothing to build on. It would be like building a house without a ground. I really really really need to see the fortress 100% complete before I can even tell the team what's next.

We do have a fantastic original model by DigiByte, but it lacks all Expansions and Upgrades. I do have the almost finished work on those, also sent to me by Digi, but unfortionately, this work is neither finished or fully up to the same standard as the fortress model itself. It's quite easy to see that Digi lost interest somewhere between the fortress model and these expansions. What I'm trying to do know is to wait for someone to fix them up. Finish them and polish them. Ed3rd has taken it uppon himself to try this, and last time we spoke he needed the textures that I aparently never sent him. He'll get them as soon as I see him online, and with that I hope he can do an equally great job on this as he did with SEE's nowadays completely stunning Easterling units.

So to sum up...
1) We are all waiting for Ed3rd to put the finishing touches on the Rhun fortress. IF he would fail or lose intrest, give up or whatever, there's nothing we can do but to wait for the next modeler to offer help. SEE will not go on until this model and all its parts are complete. Once we have those, Sûl will hopefully find time and motivation to start coding again...
2) Flameguard needs to finish and send me all the remaining Harad models. I can't guarantee that he's even around. We haven't spoken for ages...
3) With the Fortress and the Harad models, I think we could have a Bea 4.7 in a couple of months or so. But it all stands still atm, waiting...

Some good news:
- Robnkarla just donated DWARVEN ARCHERS using the Miner model and gondor archer bones. Looks great and it will look awesome once I skin them, hehe. He also did the long awaited model fixes for our THORIN and DWALIN heroes, so at least Erebor faction is coming along nicely ;) With new things such as these, my motivation is coming back. I just hope it will affect others too (that are onvolved in the most important production).

SEE's not dead. It's just struggling with motivation, time and real life. Somehow and someday, it will be 100% finished, even if I'll have to hire professionals to get there :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Damrod

Damrod
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

I don't speak for every one else, but I will say that we understand. It is difficult to spend so much time on something you're not getting paid for, and have also gone above and beyond what anyone could have asked you guys. The SEE team has already done a humongous amount of work leading up to 4.5, and that mod is still greatly awesome. Even if 4.7 is months away, you guys have still done some great stuff.

As a side note, here is an idea just in case you guys want to get some "warm up" stuff going before launching into coding entire teams. It seems to me that the mod still has some slight constant bugs. It might be a good idea to make a small patch that fixes the fixable bugs. It might keep people from losing interest entirely and would also make 4.5 even better. (just in case 4.7 is half a year away)

Well, there are my two cents. I would like to say thank you guys tons for all the great work you have done. Even if you never finish, you done good by me.

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

For any patch like that, it would delay 4.7 even further. I think we should include it all in that beta. But...
- I need all models and then
- Sûl has to be available and ready to code again

I can't say when and what will happen for sure with any of those steps ^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#4 klementinos

klementinos
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

if this mod was not out i would never play again lotr2 again,mods keep games to live much longer,i am playing this mod for only few months,i hope it will be finished untill new year.

#5 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

Great to hear some news. I'm really looking forward to the Rhûn fortress, and once that's done, I'll release some more marketing madness ;) .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

I, too, agree that most people will be understanding that you guys have been struggling. I was working on a mod project which went dead because of lack of motivation and time. Similarly, you guys have to expect there things to happen.

To keep everyone going, can I suggest you take more pics of the current (already implemented) mods in SEE 4.7 and post them on the Screenshot thread. That really got me going when it was still active! HINT: I'd love to see more of Mollock and the RJ cam! ;)
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#7 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

You and your team are doing an incredibly good work and we can't ask for more.

So good to see you back and working on in SEE!

:thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

Ah... so the Narnia team wasn't the only one that DIGI left hanging... :thumbsupsmiley:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#9 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

Good to hear the fortress is progressing. :thumbsupsmiley:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

Nazgûl, just take the time that you need and can afford. I will not judge you on that.

But on a side note: I would like to refer you to the work of Mouth of Suaron, he is doing a lot of work for the combination of War of the Ring and the SEE mod, with the ultimate goal to make War of the Ring more realistic and more campaign-of-BFME1 like. Maybee that work will inspire you the same way as other work that has been done lately.

His work can been seen here http://forums.revora...showtopic=69580

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Well :thumbsupsmiley: I said I was back... but me don't equal SEE production... it just equals motivation. This is a tie break, and we're all waiting for the fortress. The problem is that the fortress consists of several models and a LOT of coding... and the original modeler left while the modeler that picked it up, is working on a mod of his own.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

If Ed3rd can't finish the Expansions off I can probably work with DIGI to finish them.
I have the base code ready for the expansions with only minor tweaking to go and of course the models/anims.

SEE isn't dead,just sleeping.
;)

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#13 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD, Kings of the West, Battle For Alagaesia
  •  RCMOD and KOTW Betatester and Edit Button Fanatic

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

I haven't seen DIGI around lately ;)
Is he still here?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#14 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:51 AM

I will not rest until my work here is done and at a standard as high as the rest of the mod.
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 KrApYl

KrApYl
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

You guys are doin a great job on this mod^^ And i understand that it can be hard to keep the work goin all the time. I wish SEE team good luck whit this awesome mod :good:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory

#16 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

I will not rest until my work here is done and at a standard as high as the rest of the mod.

Well, you already succeeded in the second part :) .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:34 AM

Well, you already succeeded in the second part :) .

Thanks mate :) nice of you to say ;)
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Congratulation to all the team for getting the mod this far already. I guess were going to wait a while for the next beta version but I'm sure it'll be great :p .
Posted Image

#19 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:06 AM

soo....................
this must be getting annoying(for you and fans as well)but... it sounds like you have been bitten by a vampire or met a nazgul, you sound tired, are you just having trouble with the fortress or is it the entire easterling faction, and WHAT EREBOR FATCION :p

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#20 Lord Fox

Lord Fox
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:55 AM

soo....................
this must be getting annoying(for you and fans as well)but... it sounds like you have been bitten by a vampire or met a nazgul, you sound tired, are you just having trouble with the fortress or is it the entire easterling faction, and WHAT EREBOR FATCION :p

erebor faction is the dwarves i believe
Pie increases your brain cell production by 35%!!! GO PIE!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users