64 replies to this topic

#1 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

I was thinking of redoing the tech tree's so I put some stuff together in photoshop.

Blue = Units you automatically get when you go up a tech level
Red = Units you have to research to unlock

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Instead of having it so you automaticaly get all the mobile suits at various tech levels, I made it that you'd have to research a specific branch to get the desired mobile suit. I.e. to get the Ginn HMT2, you'll need to first research the extended weapons for the Ginn's, then research HMT1, then HMT2.

What do you guys think? does something like that sound more interesting then simply "tech 2 gives you X suit, Tech 3 gives you X suit"?

Edited by Stargazer, 16 July 2010 - 08:53 AM.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#2 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:53 AM

I like where you're going, but still think it would be nice to get certain units through tech level advancement.

#3 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:15 AM

Which units specifically?

Posted Image

#4 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

Well, Stargazer, I was thinking of perhaps the GuAIZ R, Nazca-class and gazoot should be a given in the tech lvl advancements. also i feel that the Nazca kind of fits in tech lvl 2 better, but that does not mean you can't have Hero that uses it in tech 1.

#5 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:19 AM

Well, Stargazer, I was thinking of perhaps the GuAIZ R, Nazca-class and gazoot should be a given in the tech lvl advancements. also i feel that the Nazca kind of fits in tech lvl 2 better, but that does not mean you can't have Hero that uses it in tech 1.

Wouldn't that render the GuAIZ useless then? While the GuAIZ is faster and has better mobility then the GuAIZ R, the GuAIZ R packs stronger firepower with it's inclusion of two railguns. The extra speed in space is rendered mute on the ground where the GuAIZ R is pretty much the better ground suit. The GuAIZ R just seems like too much of an improvment in ground battles to simply be given to the player at a tech up.

While I do agree with the Nazca class, I based my tech levels off timeframes.

Tech Level 1 -> The beginning of the war up until the GuAIZ's are introduced.
Tech Level 2 -> When the GuAIZ was introduced until Armory One Gundamjack.
Tech Level 3 -> Armory One Gundamjack to the introduction of the GOUF Ignited
Tech Level 4 -> GOUF Ignited introduction to just before The Battle of Messiah (However, the Requiem super weapon will only be made available to the EF at Level 5, so to match up with ZAFT's Messiah superweapon)
Tech Level 5 -> Battle of Messiah

The Nazca class was introduced some time during Tech Level 1 timeframe, so, to not make the Laurasia class pointless, I opted to make it so you'd have to research the Nazca class to be able to build up.

Gazuoot? How come?

Posted Image

#6 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:33 AM

The Gazuoot, I Just got the idea from play Gundam seed destiny gen. of C.E.

#7 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

The Gazuoot, I Just got the idea from play Gundam seed destiny gen. of C.E.

Personally, I wouldn't want to give the player a beam based artilley mobile suit free of charge, espicially because the EF won't be able to get one and ORB needs to research an upgrade to the murasame to get it.

This isn't concrete though, i'm going to do the ORB and EF tech trees and we'll compare them all in finer detail.

Posted Image

#8 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:53 AM

Conically, the GuAIZ R should then be made available at tech level 3. Gamewise, i agree, GuAIZ R should stay the way it is now. Tech 3 has too many staple unit options, it wouldnt fit there. And since its more of a different type of GuAIZ than an upgrade, keeping it where it is is fine.

All 3 zaku variants might be better off in tech 4, along with the gondwana. It might not match up exactly chronologically, but tech 4 is pretty empty. Maybe kerberos bucue too. These units strengths just feel like endgame stuff, and thats tech 4, since tech 5 is just for getting the superweapon.

Of course, i dont know the eaf or orb trees. Balancing is a nightmare.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#9 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

Conically, the GuAIZ R should then be made available at tech level 3. Gamewise, i agree, GuAIZ R should stay the way it is now. Tech 3 has too many staple unit options, it wouldnt fit there. And since its more of a different type of GuAIZ than an upgrade, keeping it where it is is fine.

All 3 zaku variants might be better off in tech 4, along with the gondwana. It might not match up exactly chronologically, but tech 4 is pretty empty. Maybe kerberos bucue too. These units strengths just feel like endgame stuff, and thats tech 4, since tech 5 is just for getting the superweapon.

Of course, i dont know the eaf or orb trees. Balancing is a nightmare.

Chronically, the GuAIZ R popped up inbetween the two wars, which is part of what Tech 2 covers.

You're right there, but the EAF have an insane amount of mobile suits in tech 3 with many of them being gundams. ZAFT really does need stuff like the Providence Zaku and Kerberous Bucue to even it up. I tried padding it out abit by adding the crusher, and a gouf equipped with the reccoiless rifle which popped up briefly in 38. What i've noticed between ZAFT and EAF tech trees is that Tech 3 is where most of the mobile suit variations appear while tech 4 and 5 slim them down.

I hope I don't sound like i'm ignoring what you're saying guys. It's just that the balancing stuff is really important, so I want us to have a long discussion on the subject. I'm more then willing to change it all, but i'd also like to see somewhat loyal to the timeline.

anyway, EAF techtree is up.

I've gotta go back and redo the ZAFT one to add in the heroes and new research/auto unlock thing I used for the EAF.

Posted Image

#10 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:38 AM

I was wondering why not give ZAFT the Gelgoog? Sure it was never really in the show but since they started to follow the original Zeon designs it seems logical that the Gelgoog would be the next advancement. Maybe it could balance things out a bit. Or maybe not....

Edited by Re4_wesker, 28 September 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#11 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

I was wondering why not give ZAFT the Gelgoog? Sure it was never really in the show but since they started to follow the original Zeon designs it seems logical that the Gelgoog would be the next advancement. Maybe it could balance things out a bit. Or maybe not....

Personally, i'm not comfortable with adding more made up suits. It's one thing to throw in some new gundams/new variations of previous gundams for our heroes, but I don't like the idea of adding a new mass produced suit.

ORB's tech tree is up now, took a bit longer cause my fingers are all bandaged up from working on my first car. As predicted it's nowhere near as exciting as the others with far less units, but I don't think it will be a problem. It's funny how closely Orb/Terminal mirrors the Zann Consortium. Bribing to get pass areas, stealing other mobile suits from EAF and ZAFT, it's not going to be a problem.

Edited by Stargazer, 29 September 2009 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

Personally, i'm not comfortable with adding more made up suits. It's one thing to throw in some new gundams/new variations of previous gundams for our heroes, but I don't like the idea of adding a new mass produced suit.

ORB's tech tree is up now, took a bit longer cause my fingers are all bandaged up from working on my first car. As predicted it's nowhere near as exciting as the others with far less units, but I don't think it will be a problem. It's funny how closely Orb/Terminal mirrors the Zann Consortium. Bribing to get pass areas, stealing other mobile suits from EAF and ZAFT, it's not going to be a problem.

ya i see what you mean. so does this mean Orb will be playable? If so would this mod be moved to Foc or kept as a original Eaw mod?

#13 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

ya i see what you mean. so does this mean Orb will be playable? If so would this mod be moved to Foc or kept as a original Eaw mod?

Yes, Orb will be playable.

And yes we will be moving to FoC. I may be usurping Infinity, but FoC really is the better game to be on, obviously. Having cloak abilities for the Blitz, orbital bombardments, bigger maps would make the mod better and hell, like I said, the Terminal reallys mirrors ZC in how they work.

Edited by Stargazer, 29 September 2009 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

one more thing. i've seen mods that use a shipyard in skirmish. Since it looks like theres gonna be a lot of units and a lot to research maybe it would be good to have a main station and a shipyard to build and research things.

#15 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

one more thing. i've seen mods that use a shipyard in skirmish. Since it looks like theres gonna be a lot of units and a lot to research maybe it would be good to have a main station and a shipyard to build and research things.

Which mods are these? I'd like to see it.

Posted Image

#16 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

http://empireatwar.f...FoC_Addon;77903
and the patch
http://empireatwar.f...FoC_Addon;77993

from what i recall this one has working shipyards in skirmish.

#17 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:02 PM

http://empireatwar.f...FoC_Addon;77903
and the patch
http://empireatwar.f...FoC_Addon;77993

from what i recall this one has working shipyards in skirmish.

Cool, i'll check it out.

But, any more thoughts on the tech trees?

Posted Image

#18 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

So far looks pretty good, Never noticed the Crusher myself but this is SEED MSV we're talking about, so im not really suprised. btw, what does MA and R stand for in the unit names?

Also, if you do want to add the Space Stations as a capturable thing, why not make them DSSD? Hell, EA Actually did try to steal shit from them.

They would have Access to some nice upgrades and researches that strengthens weapons and armor outside your normal tech tree, and the upgrades will persist even if you lost the stations in battle as someone else captures them. Also, they have access to cheap units as the Civilian Astrays, and a super unit, Stargazer.

Also, if you want to flesh out Orb a bit, try adding some stuff from the Astray series, im sure people would welcome the idea of adding the Blue and Red frame into that tech-tree. each of those units have substantial room for buyable upgrades, which further fleshes out the tech tree.

If you do decide to add them, I know that the Blue Frame MG is coming out next month, and since im probably going to buy it, I'll scan the blueprint for you.

Edit: btw, shouldnt EAF have access to that gunship thing as an air unit? it's a hovercraft that carries missiles and a chain gun. They were in Generation of CE. Along with the Zaft Helicopter thing you see in the desert. you know, since I saw the Orb hovering aircraft. Also, how about a RADOM Dinn? Zaft could use some range spotters for ther artillery, seeing that Orb has the Recon Murasame. Another suggestion, What about adding the Sky Grasper for Orb's air unit? since they do have the Archangel and all.

Edited by Crusader, 30 September 2009 - 07:52 PM.

{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#19 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:02 PM

So far looks pretty good, Never noticed the Crusher myself but this is SEED MSV we're talking about, so im not really suprised. btw, what does MA and R stand for in the unit names?

You probably wouldn't hav enoticed the Assault Cgue aswell then, eh? I forgot to add the Kerberous Zaku though.

I couldn't fit Strike Rouge in the title, so I shortened it to R.

There's no name for the Strike Freedom's upgrade which replaces the railguns with beam rifles, so I used the first two letters in the model numbers of the rifles.

Also, if you do want to add the Space Stations as a capturable thing, why not make them DSSD? Hell, EA Actually did try to steal shit from them.

I was thinking about throwing all the minor factions in together as the pirates.

They would have Access to some nice upgrades and researches that strengthens weapons and armor outside your normal tech tree, and the upgrades will persist even if you lost the stations in battle as someone else captures them. Also, they have access to cheap units as the Civilian Astrays, and a super unit, Stargazer.

I like your idea here. I was also thinking having that could make your units abit cheaper because of the AI making the need for pilots obsolete.

Also, if you want to flesh out Orb a bit, try adding some stuff from the Astray series, im sure people would welcome the idea of adding the Blue and Red frame into that tech-tree. each of those units have substantial room for buyable upgrades, which further fleshes out the tech tree.

The thing with that is, the red frame, blue frame, green frame and I would assume purple frame were never fielded by ORB, and i'm trying to keep the sides loyal to the show, with some what if elements. (As you can see, you can build the Dom Trooper for ZAFT)

If you do decide to add them, I know that the Blue Frame MG is coming out next month, and since im probably going to buy it, I'll scan the blueprint for you.

Like I said earlier in this post, I think i'll add all those minor factions under the pirate banner, and i'll have groups like the Serpent Tail sit on really high value areas.

Edit: btw, shouldnt EAF have access to that gunship thing as an air unit? it's a hovercraft that carries missiles and a chain gun. They were in Generation of CE. Along with the Zaft Helicopter thing you see in the desert. you know, since I saw the Orb hovering aircraft.

I'm abit hesitant about adding them to be honest. They're just so useless.

Also, how about a RADOM Dinn? Zaft could use some range spotters for ther artillery, seeing that Orb has the Recon Murasame.

RADOM Dinn? I think you mean the Dinn S.E.I.T. and the Awacs Dinn. They're the Dinns with the radar dome on the back.

Another suggestion, What about adding the Sky Grasper for Orb's air unit? since they do have the Archangel and all.

See, the thing is, Orb really only had one unit. It's not exactly a mass produced unit for them. But they're T1 is kind of shitty. I'll jot it down and we'll see how it goes when we actually start implementing the stuff.

This is good so far guys, keep the suggestions/comments/praises for high lord emperor Stargazer coming!

Edited by Stargazer, 30 September 2009 - 09:06 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Guest_sanjay_*

Guest_sanjay_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

keep up the great wrk guys i 'm jus curious but where does the hero units fit in in the tech trees,like buster blitz duel freedom strike aegis..........,anyways glad 2 hear abt orb bein included cant wait for final product,keep up the great wrk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users