Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

Here's some good new for all modders!
Since I solved the SGC I also tracked down the SRB! ;)

SRB = Settings Reset Bug: The settings for graphics are reset to a lower value upon each new game!
SGC = Saved Games Crash: The game crash (hangs) when loading a saved game 100%!
(I had to name them, hehe)

The solution to BOTH is (with the -mod command):

1) Make sure you have gamedata.ini directly inside data/ini and NOT in subfolder data/ini/object! The reason for having gamedata.ini inside that folder is because Robnkarla found out that if it was not, you'd get the SRB. However, by placing gamedata here, you also risk having the SGC.

2) ALL the mirrored macros from gamedata.ini (that are now using the "M_" in each macro, should be in water.ini inside data/ini/default just as the -mod command method prescribes, (OR as I did in SEE, within INC files in another folder inside data/ini/default named "balance_modname", refered to from water.ini)! If the gamedata.ini contains any of the original macros (that should not be read), the game will aparently read them upon loading a saved game and the conflict cause the SGC.

3) The "actual" -GAMEDATA- (headline) section of the gamedata.ini (everything in the bottom except all macros above) should be the ONLY thing inside the new gamedata.ini in your mod. Should you keep any macro here, the SGC will happen when trying to load a saved game!

4) You also have to have an additional ini preferably called camerasettings.ini or something like that, inside data/ini/object! Otherwise the game will NOT read your camera settings, as it skips that part in your new gamedata.ini and uses the default game settings for camera instead. (And don't worry about double codes - the engine (in this case) ignores the camera settings inside your new gamedata.ini).

So...
- Assuring you have no macros outside the water.ini (or refered ICS files) will cure the SGC!
- By having the gamedata.ini in the original location, the engine will read it after the original game and there won't be any SRB! :p
- And with the extra ini for camerasettings the engine will also read those, so you'l keep any edits in zoom, etc!

Voila! You'll no longer have any "Saved Games Bug" crashes, nor any "Settings Reset Bug" upon each new game AND you'll have the game read your camera settings (zoom etc) :)

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 October 2009 - 02:59 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Posted as an article at T3A as well :facepalm:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#3 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

This is awesome news! That makes two moderate-but-oh-so-annoying bugs less.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, technically they're moderate, but the impact on gameplay is devastating =/
I'm so happy I found a solution that did not exclude any of the others :facepalm:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

¡Great news! Now I can play longer games :p

Thanks, Naz!

Edited by Arthadan, 01 November 2009 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Should I make a post in Support forum to?

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

You could refer to this one, if anyone seems to have missed this News... =)
Honestly I though there would be more commotion around this, that have been taunting SEE for so long :party:

Hey, where's your SEE Team banner Jonas? :mellow:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:28 PM

Got a bit problem adding it.

The RJ fan banner comes with it :/

I'll send you a PM.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

Guys where can you find "camerasettings.in" or make or something... ?

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

If someone can add me on msn or something and help me because i can't find a way out of this.
thimioskalfa@hotmail.com

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

:p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

Here's some good new for all modders!
Since I solved the SGC I also tracked down the SRB! :p

SRB = Settings Reset Bug: The settings for graphics are reset to a lower value upon each new game!
SGC = Saved Games Crash: The game crash (hangs) when loading a saved game 100%!
(I had to name them, hehe)

The solution to BOTH is (with the -mod command):

1) Make sure you have gamedata.ini directly inside data/ini and NOT in subfolder data/ini/object! The reason for having gamedata.ini inside that folder is because Robnkarla found out that if it was not, you'd get the SRB. However, by placing gamedata here, you also risk having the SGC.

2) ALL the mirrored macros from gamedata.ini (that are now using the "M_" in each macro, should be in water.ini inside data/ini/default just as the -mod command method prescribes, (OR as I did in SEE, within INC files in another folder inside data/ini/default named "balance_modname", refered to from water.ini)! If the gamedata.ini contains any of the original macros (that should not be read), the game will aparently read them upon loading a saved game and the conflict cause the SGC.

3) The "actual" -GAMEDATA- (headline) section of the gamedata.ini (everything in the bottom except all macros above) should be the ONLY thing inside the new gamedata.ini in your mod. Should you keep any macro here, the SGC will happen when trying to load a saved game!

4) You also have to have an additional ini preferably called camerasettings.ini or something like that, inside data/ini/object! Otherwise the game will NOT read your camera settings, as it skips that part in your new gamedata.ini and uses the default game settings for camera instead. (And don't worry about double codes - the engine (in this case) ignores the camera settings inside your new gamedata.ini).

So...
- Assuring you have no macros outside the water.ini (or refered ICS files) will cure the SGC!
- By having the gamedata.ini in the original location, the engine will read it after the original game and there won't be any SRB! ;)
- And with the extra ini for camerasettings the engine will also read those, so you'l keep any edits in zoom, etc!

Voila! You'll no longer have any "Saved Games Bug" crashes, nor any "Settings Reset Bug" upon each new game AND you'll have the game read your camera settings (zoom etc) :p

For me it is too late. I got uninterested after 4.5... Really slow game play. But I might get reinterested in it again..
Offtopic: I remember when I first PMed you on Moddb. I loved your mod back then.
Wait... what?

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Excuse me, but what the f... has this topic to do with build times??? Hm?
I solved some of the WORST bugs in this mod's history, and you're bitchin' about the same old crap I've heard for years... :p

You're not gonna like SEE's next beta either. We're NOT speeding up gameplay, we're reorganizing the buildtimes, from units to structures.
Any further off topic in this topic will be deleted =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

My bad. Just saying those were the things plus SGC that annoyed me. Delete the last post and this one.
Wait... what?

#15 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Sweet nice job, Nazgul your awesome :p Now i can play skirmishes, save them and play them later.

Edited by Spartan184, 08 November 2009 - 07:03 PM.

safsignature.png

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Thanks... ;) However, I'm not fishing for compliments. I just wanted to make ppl happy about the news that SEE's worst bugs are cured :unsure:

My bad. Just saying those were the things plus SGC that annoyed me. Delete the last post and this one.

Nah, that's ok, your apology is defenitely accepted. I admire ppl that can make apologies :unsure:

Back on topic... I've tried this numerous times now, and added more items in the mod, etc, so this should defenitely be considered *SOLVED* :p
Wohaaa... I'm gonna love the next beta myself! :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Another random comment. The SGC was in all the previous beta's?
Wait... what?

#18 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

No, just 4.5

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:50 PM

No, just 4.5

I still get the SGC. I installed SEE 4.5 in C:\SEE. Works fine for new games but not saved games.
I am unsure about the .ini files. But here is what I did:
- I moved the gamedata.ini out of data/ini/objects and into data/ini.
- Macros? what macros? Is there any in the gamedata.ini that comes with 4.5 that need to be removed? Maybe there is a "clean" gamedata.ini that can be posted?
- I do not have a camerasettings.ini file but created one using some of the references in the gamedata.ini :sleep:

Thanks for you help.

#20 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Im pretty sure Macros are the lines with M_ in front of it.
Wait... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users