10 Years..

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Imagine

Imagine
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

In the midst of all the recent trouble all over the world what do you Revorians think the world will look like in 10 years or even 15 years for those of you who are curious enough!
They say the future is only as predictable as the past..... Probably because they're the same thing.

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

A lifeless sphere of smouldering black glass.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

If we are lucky and get some advancement in nanotechnology and power engines, some space elevators and a new golden of resource gathering in local space. Naturally that's just if everything hits matches up flawlessly.

More realistic;
Global Politics: China defends North Korea as it self-destructs, we get local conflict between America and China. Economic sanctions fire all over the place, the world splits in two and we get a new east vs west mentality... EU centralizes economic control of it's members to fight economic situations that we see today, giving us another step in the direction of a statehood like the US;

Technology: we get more fancy computer graphics, Western grassroot really starts feeling the disadvantages of a generation raised on computer games and no motivation but procrastination;

Religion: we get more fanatics on both sides as technology spreads it's net wider and wider and more people get access to secular ideals;

Global Economics: physical money will be more and more phased out in advantage of online banks and plastic cards. working outside the law to avoid taxes will become increasingly difficult, but interactive tax websites will become more understandable for the average Joe. If we are lucky we might see partial governmentalization and legalization of light drugs to deflate organized crime and sources of income for terrorists.

That's a quick summary as far as I can foresee. some are less likely to happen than others, but from a logical point of view they are the best way forward. 10 years might be pushing the speed a bit though, but I'm fairly certain this will happen in my time and then some. fingers crossed for anti-aging medicines within the next 20-30 years :p

Edited by duke_Qa, 02 June 2010 - 10:16 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Apple releases more revolutionary technology... an iPad with voice recognition! However, it's not until the 3rd version that it's accurate.
Mugabe dies in 2015, Zimbabwe becomes slightly more democratic, but still rife with corruption.
The Queen dies in 2018.

Edited by Puppeteer, 02 June 2010 - 10:25 PM.

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

I reckon we'll be looking back on these years with sadness, wishing we could go back. Just like we do on years past now.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

... Western grassroot really starts feeling the disadvantages of a generation raised on computer games ...

Good one! I concur. :p

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Imagine

Imagine
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

Hmm I agree with you there duke, but for some reason I feel 1 nuke may well be used in the next 10 - 15 years whether by Iran or maybe North Korea in a last ditched attempt to try and show they deserve to call themselves one of the main players on the global political stage.
They say the future is only as predictable as the past..... Probably because they're the same thing.

#8 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

We might see a nuke go off, but it will likely not do much more than the original 15KT bombs if it comes from Iran or North Korea. It will most likely not be met with nuclear answer, but we will get shit-tons of news about it, casualties around 50-250k, media coverage=Haitix10, and it will be used as a 9/11 to restrain/invade other nuke-ambitious nations.

Edited by duke_Qa, 02 June 2010 - 10:38 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#9 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

Iran or maybe North Korea in a last ditched attempt to try and show they deserve to call themselves one of the main players on the global political stage.

Ironically, this is what would get them kicked off the global stage and beaten up by the global orchestra in the global pit, then have their head stuffed in the global euphonium.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

In 10 years, Imagine's son will make a topic asking what the next 10 or 15 years will be.

#11 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

And the circle of life rolls on forevermore :)

And yet you have no prophecies pasi? I wager that whatever you think would be entertaining to read :)

Edited by duke_Qa, 03 June 2010 - 09:44 AM.

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

The world will be even more political correct. Any offense conducted against minorities will be punished much more than a similar offense against the majority. Mocking Muhammed will be seen as a huge crime. The first sharia court will be implemented in Western Europe, because the Muslims have the right of their own court too. The government will tax the shit out of everything that's bad for the climate, so the common man can't afford anymore to drive a car. Income taxes rise to ridiculous heights, because if you earn a lot of money, that must mean you're a selfish asshole who earns his money by exploiting the poor. Finally, to do all this, the government creates several watchdogs who control what you earn, whether you're good for the climate, and whether you mock Muhammed...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#13 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

On a positive note, public transport gets improved :) And cheaper, as it's subsidised, with the next Labour government.

#14 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Seeing all these predictions, I realise that holy fuck do I have to try to get into power, otherwise my country is getting so screwed. Or if not me, then someone similarly liberal. 'Liberal democrat' is just a name these days, all it means is they pick up rent boys, not that they actually believe things should be your choice.

We need a major world leader who just has no respect or concern for Islam, Christianity, or any sect of society. Someone who will laugh when shown an amusing picture of Mohammed fighting the Pope on elephant-back and make jokes about his mum. Does Islam say anything about Mohammed's mum? Someone who really just doesn't take all the politically correct bollocks seriously and can make everyone else realise that it's all a bunch of crap. Anyway, that dude gets my vote.

#15 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

Posted Image

#16 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

We need a major world leader who just has no respect or concern for Islam, Christianity, or any sect of society. Someone who will laugh when shown an amusing picture of Mohammed fighting the Pope on elephant-back and make jokes about his mum. Does Islam say anything about Mohammed's mum? Someone who really just doesn't take all the politically correct bollocks seriously and can make everyone else realise that it's all a bunch of crap. Anyway, that dude gets my vote.

Over here we've pretty much got one for the coming elections, his name is Geert Wilders (you might have heard of him). Of course, all the political correct politicians and people accuse him of being racist and discriminating, without thinking about his points and realizing that he's talking sense... :) He might get my vote, though I'm leaning more towards the other right-wing party, whose economical plans are better.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#17 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

No, that description doesn't really sound like Geert Wilders to me.

#18 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

And the 'no respect or concern for Islam' part? :) Anyway, he's the only politician who realizes the huge problem, so yeah.

#19 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

No concern? Really?

#20 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

Well, that depends on how you look at the definition of 'concern'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users