{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

((Oh right, I was going to post here.))

Ouranos, hearing the commotion, sent two of his bodyguards over to investigate the noise. The fog wasn't natural--probably some devilry of Sherat--and he didn't want to be caught unprepared by any would-be assassins. The Paladins recognized Rindar and Byron at once, and quickly helped them to their feet. Ouranos greeted the pair, relaxing visibly as he did. Tyrendos hadn't caught up to him yet.

"Rindar, Byron... how unexpected that you should come. I heard that Tyrendos had done away with you somehow." He motioned for several of his bodyguards to spread out along the perimeter of the street, to warn him in the case of Sherat soldiers approaching.

Rindar shrugged. "Well, as you can see, we're here. Now that we're here, what do you want us to do? The city is a lost cause, but we may still be able to help some of the civilians to--"

"No," said Ouranos firmly, cutting the elf off. "We can't even rally the soldiers fast enough to evacuate. Sherat's forces are moving through the city too quickly, and if we don't move soon, not even the few of us left will get out alive. Someone needs to warn Astariel about this threat, so that she can begin preparing her own defences."

Byron's eyes narrowed. "You think Tyrendos would dare attack Astariel? She knows every one of his weaknesses. Perhaps the fact that she did not impart them to you is symbolic of her distrust... don't you think?"

"Enough," said Rindar as Ouranos' jaw clenched and he seemed ready to shout at Byron. He looked at the Paladin Commander. "If you wish to flee the city, very well. I and my companions will do everything that we can to save this city, since its commander will not."
He glared at Ouranos. For a moment the Paladin looked uncertain, but then, with a sharp whistle, he recalled his bodyguards and marched off into the now-tattering fog.

"You realize that we're probably dead now?" muttered Byron. "Tyr won't spare us, even if we are directly answerable to Astariel."

"He will if we can give him what he's after," said Rindar. The gleam in his eyes reflected that in Byron's as the other man realized what he was saying. Rindar turned to Mara, who had somehow been overlooked by the guards sent to fetch Rindar and Byron. "Well, what did you think of that?" he asked.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#42 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

((Better late than never?))

Mara moaned softly. Her landing had not been soft, and she ached. The fog dispersed slowly, carried away by natural currents of air after Mara's concentration broke.

The elf was speaking. "Well, what do you think of that?" Mara picked herself gingerly off the ground and shook her robes. The creature residing in her leftmost silver ring wriggled uncomfortably. It felt like when her grandmother had tickled her as a child...but from the inside. She stared at the ring absentmindedly, remembering the past she was not quite sure that she had ever had.

Mara's hood had slipped, exposing her sickly face. Her scar was impressively displayed. The elf must have traveled a long way and seen many gruesome sights over his years. He does not so much as flinch. Mara jerked her left hand backward, seized the hood, and placed it deep over her face. Her hand paused over her ear. The ring clicked three times, like a child trying to feed an apple to a horse. Mara listened to the sounds of the sea not far away.

IF YOU STOP THE HUMAN COMMANDER, TYRENDOS PAR SHARLAC WINS THE BATTLE AND STARTS ANOTHER. HE DOES OUR OWN WORK FOR US.

I know.

Mara inclined her head slightly and gazed at the elf. "What do I think?" Mara repeated. "I think I now have two humans I want very much dead. But since Tair isn't running away, we can track down that bastard later. We track Ouranos to the harbour and identify his ship. As soon as he cuts free from shore, I'll send him to feed the crabs."

Posted Image

#43 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

((Better late than never.))

Byron smiled thinly. "Well, that seems to be our best chance at getting rid of Ouranos once and for all, but I doubt that Rindar will want me to take part in this." He looked over at the elf, who was already walking towards the city. "Hey! Rindar! Where are you going?"

"Into the city, to try to stop as much of this chaos as I can," called Rindar over his shoulder. He touched the hilt of his sword. "By force if I have to."

"You're mad! Bloody mad!" shouted Byron as the elf's shape cut a swath through the remnants of Tair's magic fog. He sighed irritably. "I suppose I'd better go after him," he said by way of apology, and ran off without a backward glance. Ouranos's death will come sooner or later, and perhaps I will even be around to see it.

Byron caught up to Rindar as the elf rounded a corner. "You realize you'll be going up against the entire army of Sherat?"

"Yes," said the elf shortly.

"And that the entire army of Sherat will not appreciate having an elf in the way?"

"An elf and a human. You're with me, after all."

Byron thought he detected a smile on Rindar's face. He rolled his eyes. "Wonderful. We can die together."
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#44 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Are they so quick to abandon their goals? The world is strewn with prey, but you'll never eat if you can't maintain focus long enough on one target. Mara looked after the human and elf, disappointed. I won't find Ouranos on my own. He has too much of a head start.

Mara brought her ring up to her ear, hoping to have the matter decided for her. But the creature inside was silent. Mara spun around, clicking her tongue in anxiety. Well, if I want to catch up to Ouranos later...I'll need to use those two. And I can't do that if they're dead.

Breaking into a trot, Mara hurried after Rindar and Byron, wondering at the bizarre twist of fate that had led her to protect land-creatures. I'll get them out of this city safely. If I need to keep some villagers alive as well, so be it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users