#1 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Cartel Smash is a single player tactical action game played in real time. The game is set in the realities of the 70's. The player commands a small unit of commandos struggles with drug cartels hiding in the Venezuelan-Colombian jungle, where a group of commandos, lead by a player has to execute a series of dificult missions on the enemy. The player carries out actions aimed at weakening and destroying the cartel.

cartelsmash.com

g_10.jpg

Edit: Download link for Cartel Smash Beta Version (576 MB):

http://www.mediafire...smash_setup.exe

Edit 2: Unlock all missions and enable cheat codes:

Copy the file config.txt into the Cartel Smash install directory (where cartelsmash.exe is located)

Attached File  config.txt   98bytes   457 downloads (You can also change the resolution or run the game in windowed mode by editing the file)

Then go to this folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CartelSmash and change game.cfg to this:

#SECURE: 6CDAAC98C6D786889F8B47B8371446C2
unlocked = 12
master_vol = 100
sounds_vol = 80
music_vol = 80

Now you can run Cartel Smash, click on New Game -> Unlocked -> Scroll down with the black wheel on the right side and select a mission.

During a mission you can teleport your selected men with CTRL+X.

#2 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Looks very interesting ill check it.

#3 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

unfortunately nothing has been change since january, when they removed the demo download from the page and promised the full version "soon" : ( no new pictures, new video, new infos, nothing...

#4 Milones

Milones
  • Members
  • 209 posts
  • Projects:Destination Paris

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

does anyone have the demo version? i would like to play, but unfortuneatly no download available

#5 herbert3000

herbert3000

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

I tried to contact the developers some time ago but I didn't get any reply yet.

They posted a gameplay video on their Facebook site on July 31. Actually the video has been uploaded in January but since it's unlisted you can only access it if you know the whole address.

#6 herbert3000

herbert3000

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

The game can finally be downloaded from this location: http://www.gram.pl/cartelsmash/

I just entered a random number in the field "Wpisz kod" and a a disposable email address in "Wpisz adres e-mail", then I clicked on "Pobierz gre!". A few seconds later my browser asked me where to save the file "cartelsmash_setup.zip" (577 MB).

#7 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Downloading right now
the fields on the website are for your name and email so they can get an idea of how many ppl download it
you then have to wait about 1 min for the download to start and its all good.

This game looks really good. I loved the comando games. really fun but I never bothered to play more of them because the missions got redundantly hard and monotonous
but this looks promising
Good find

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#8 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

well, whatever i try to fill in, the site states that i have an invalid product code. isn't it strange, that this program can't be downloaded from their official site?

#9 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I could Upload the installer to my Dropbox?

When its uploaded, it will be in this folder, give it a few hours, and share it with others, maybe put it in a big fat download link at the top?
DOWNLOAD HERE!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/to64b97u0szu288/C8KVKNDF6H

EDIT: Uploaded

Edited by DIGI_Byte, 01 September 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#10 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

thanks

#11 kzapior

kzapior
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

My name is Krzysztof and I am Cartel Smash's creator. I apology for that we havent replied for couple of emails regarding to the game, but this was because me and my friend Jarek (who created graphics for the game) are working, and the game has been created during our spare time ;) That's why we haven't had a time to answer for the emails, I hope you forgive us.

Gram.pl has helped us to perform beta tests on the game, so the version mentioned above was only for testing purpose, and we performed this in small group as you know, we wanted to keep "embarrassing" issues in a small group ;) But we were lucky, and it seems the game is stable.

If you would like to participate in the tests it would be great! Please let me know about the issues or your suggestions regarding to the game.

Now we know the following issues:

- during the game, savings takes longer after the while - simple workaround - just quit the game, and start the game again by loading the previously saved file.

- second map, there are difficulties with destroying the "plants", it requires littlebit more time to set all the 'barrels' to destroy all of them, we will add more barrels there

- some people didn't know how to use 'quick save' feature, so:  ctrl + s is a quick save, to load this quick save, please use ctrl + l in the game, as this doesn't appear in standard 'save's list'

Now we are going to publish Cartel Smash game officially (after adding some new features, eg. now I am implementing support for a different screen resolutions).

We created this game for players, not for the money, so it will be for free and everybody will have rights to share this game however they want (torrent, website etc.).

@DIGI_Byte: thank you for letting them know how to download this, if somebody has a problems with the link mentioned above, there is another unofficial link ;)

http://www.cartelsma...smash_setup.exe

btw.

- Honestly, I like missions > 2nd ;) as Jarek had more experience in graphics then and created amazing world, and those missions are more interesting :)

- There is a picture from the second game we are working on now - http://www.cartelsma...ds/nowa_gra.jpg, I hope we have enough of time to finish that.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Best regards,

Krzysztof Zapior (you can call me Chris as it will be easier).

EDIT:

Small corrections (Unitologist changed to DIGI_Byte).

Edited by kzapior, 02 September 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#12 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

My name is Krzysztof and I am Cartel Smash's creator. 

We created this game for players, not for the money, so it will be for free and everybody will have rights to share this game however they want (torrent, website etc.).

:thumbsupxd:

#13 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi,

My name is Krzysztof and I am Cartel Smash's creator... etc etc

Good to hear, the issue for myself and others seems that the website takes a while to load .zip to download
I also re-compressed the zip file and shaved a few MB on it

I'd also happily host newer versions for others as an alternate link, so PM me if you'd like.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#14 kzapior

kzapior
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'd also happily host newer versions for others as an alternate link, so PM me if you'd like....

Sounds great! :)

#15 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

1. Support change the key
2. sec can cancel the mainmenu and back to game
3. add some the task help on game
4. add continue when game over
5. add the screen display mode. and zoom all object
6. GUI to perfect
7. Support other game Language
8. share debug mode command code

This is my suggestion.
Please FYI.  
Thanks! 

Edited by wyel2000, 06 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#16 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

how to passed the mission1

and minimap display is error on hard mode.

Edited by wyel2000, 07 September 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#17 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

I had some issues with the tutorial, its been YEARS since i played Commando so I thought i'd do a refresher course

But I had trouble, I couldn't use the knuckle buster on the guard you're supposed to use the radio on.

if im not supposed to, I wasn't informed about it

what happened...
>Distracted Guard
>Select Knuckle buster (duster?)

>mouse over guard and hand did animation

>left clicked

>Nothing

it worked on the first 2 guys :/

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#18 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

me have capture all enemy. and #1 #2 into the jeep.
but the mission not passed   :?:

#19 kzapior

kzapior
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

This is my suggestion.

Great! Thank you for all your suggestions!

Best regards

KZ

#20 kzapior

kzapior
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

me have capture all enemy. and #1 #2 into the jeep.
but the mission not passed   :?:

To pass the mission, you need to use handcuffs on a guy with the long rifle (donkey's owner),then you need to deliver him to a spy (top of the map - starting point). Allejandro will change clothes and go to the base to collect donkeys and go with enemies. You cannot touch guys on the bottom part of map, as they will treat your spy as their own guy, and this is a goal in the mission. When spy leaves the map with enemies, the escape vehicle comes. But don't forget to take the "solved" guy when you will go to the escape vehicle, as he also is needed to finish the mission.

Enjoy the game! :)

Btw. the second mission is more difficult, but we will change this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users