• Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

The T3A:Online Team is proud to present

our latest BFME innovation,

KU0LhS0.png

~ What is T3A:Patch 1.06? ~

T3A:Patch 1.06 (or 1.06 for short) is a community patch developed by the T3A:Online Team.

It fixes the main issue of patch 1.05 (known as the movement bug) 

and adds a number of exciting new features and game improvements.

We intend for T3A:Patch 1.06 to be the official patch of the T3A:Online server.

~ How can I get T3A:Patch 1.06? ~

T3A:Patch 1.06 is distributed through the T3A:Online launcher.

All you need to do is start up the T3A:Online Launcher and agree to install the latest update.

Important: Specific instructions for Gameranger users.

NOTE: We support multiple languages! For more information, GO HERE.

If you only play on our T3A server, use the client (Help -> Check for updates) to install!

NOTE: T3A:Patch 1.06 requires Community Patch 1.05 to be installed!

To use the common higher zoom out (widescreen patch) you will need an additional file, see FAQ below.

~ What are the primary features of T3A:Patch 1.06? ~

The features we are most excited about are the movement bug fix, the inclusion of 15 quality new and balanced maps,

and the graphical overhaul of every unit and hero, increasing their texture resolution from 64x64 to 256x256.

NOTE: We have Widescreen Support for our new maps, SEE HERE.

~ What exactly does T3A:Patch 1.06 change? ~

Click here for a thread detailing all the new maps.

You can find a full and detailed changelog below:

Spoiler

~ Why did you decide to release your own patch? ~

Our team felt that the current divide between 1.04 and 1.05 players was harmful to the quality of the BFME community,

a split that exists mostly because of the movement bug introduced in patch 1.05. 

As such, we designed this patch in an attempt to bridge the gap and appeal to everyone, both 1.04 and 1.05 players.

~ Misc T3A:Patch 1.06 FAQ ~

Spoiler

~ T3A:Patch 1.06 Credit and Thanks ~

ICT - Map Editing, Coding
Echo - Map Editing, Coding
Rider of Rohan - Coding, HD Patch Artist
Mathijs - HD Patch Artist, Map Editing
BadMadMax - Maps
Dennis Agodzo - Maps
Haldir - Maps
Lex Flores - Maps
Naugrim - Maps
Rimli - Maps
m@tt - Maps
TheFoeHammer - Maps
Phil - Installer
THORONGIL - 1.04, 1.05 & telling us what caused the movement bug

Special Thanks:
Rider of Rohan for donating his fantastic HD Patch work to T3A:Patch 1.06. 
Celeglin for his Hobbitsy faces, Nertea for his Berserker texture, and Kwen for Éomer's pretty chest armor.
The T3A community for helping out with various bits of troubleshooting.
Everyone who participated in testing.

Thanks also to Thorongil, who brought innovation in form of the patches 1.04 and 1.05 to the community and who gave inspiration for 1.06. Despite different views on work habits he deserves thanks for his commitment in the BFME community.
Thanks to Forshire. Well, you all know him and why he deserves thanks.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#2 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

I did not agrea on this ever. This is done behind my back based on my work and findings.
This is a ripoff...

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Are you going to keep copy-pasting this bullshit accusation, Thor?

We didn't need you to agree. We made a dozen attempts to cooperate with you, all were rejected. None of the code contained in this patch belongs to you. The other features (new maps and textures) were selected and created by us.

We did this without you because we found you were impossible to work with. We are not pretending you helped us, and this is no way ripped from you. It was done by us, from scratch. You were not involved, for good reason.

#4 Maxsmart

Maxsmart
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

i really like to return the old colours, i don't understand who decided to change for this bullshit phosphorite

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Check out this sample of the difference between the old and T3A:1.06 textures: 

Old: http://imagizer.imag...90/199/cxq2.jpg

New: http://imagizer.imag...90/849/l39e.jpg

#6 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

So it's finally out, cool beans.

I'll have to test this out with my mod to make sure there are no issues.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#7 Goldtouch

Goldtouch

title available

• Hosted
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Its very obvious how strong the similarity of elements the patch has. It is a ripoff...
There were two demands given no maps & no balance changes in the actually three conversations we had about it. These conversations arise due some members of the community had expressed their doubts on the forum about the balance changes and maps which were still undergoing tests.

Due the lack of time through my real life job it did take longer than hoped for and I did explained this. About these so called "dozen attempts to cooperate" ended up to be only a few conversation with the demands being no balance changes and no maps. These demands made by you I had no say in. As your actions show here significantly again... "We didn't need you to agree". 

I would have prefer to promptly resolved this matter in a different way. I'm very disappointed in the excessive carelessness of your actions.

#8 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

It doesn't surprise me that you don't see the difficulties in dealing with you, after all you are difficult to deal with.

I had warned them of dealing with you a good while ago and I'm glad they went ahead and did their own thing this patch is a step in the right direction.

You had turned your community patch into a mod and were reluctant to listen to the advice and opinions of that community.

Similar elements you mean fixing the issues you caused with 1.05?

There were no balance changes here so I'm not seeing how it used your ideas it fixed the movement bug and that's it.

You don't have ownership of the BFME community, T3A or the ability to make patches.

So simply put they don't need your agreement or your permission to make a patch for T3A Online and BFME.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Radspakr is correct. 

You are casually forgetting how you ignored our attemps to compromise for months. We grew tired of dealing with your stubbornness, and wanted more control over what patch is used on our server instead of being dependent on you and your wishes.

Obviously there are some similarities. The movement bug fix, some other minor fixes, some of which were introduced in 1.05, and you planned to add Haldir's maps as well (or rather, you added them before attaining permission).

However, the maps we ended up adding were carefully selected, edited, and tested. The textures we added were made by us over the period of some weeks. The bulk of this patch's concept is completely original, and its content is 100% made by us. Any similarities to your plans for 1.06 are there because we were not going to release a patch that didn't fix known bugs. All coding was done by us, from scratch. Your patch contains similar fixes, but we *did not* copy any code.

And don't accuse us of carelessness. We've tested this patch extensively for weeks. If anyone here has been careless, it's been you in your constant dismissing of our attempts to reach a compromise. Did you think we were just going to sit quietly and watch you screw us over?

You have to understand that you do not own the idea of making BFME1 patches, and that we don't need you to create a patch. We have the know-how. We have excellent coders, excellent artists, we can test, we can distribute, and we can make sure the patch is used on our server. If you want to have a say in the future of BFME patches, you will have to learn to compromise and work as part of a team. 

Uw wil is geen wet.

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

I am not taking any sides in particular. All I am going to say is that T3A provides this online service (real online service) to the BFME community. This isn't some external software used to mimic the online through LAN matches. We have opened the BFME Online feature to all, and we need to provide players with a stable, satisfying, and supported online experience.

As Mathijs said, here we have one of the largest communities of experienced BFME modders. Coders, graphics artist, mappers, and testers. We may not be a competitive community, but we have the resources and the manpower to work with the community to provide a great online experience.

It is still a work in progress, but there is more to T3A:Online than just another workaround. This could be the future of BFME. Work with us, or provide something better.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I am not taking any sides in particular. All I am going to say is that T3A provides this online service (real online service) to the BFME community. This isn't some external software used to mimic the online through LAN matches. We have opened the BFME Online feature to all, and we need to provide players with a stable, satisfying, and supported online experience.

Precisely. And this, Thor, is why we had to develop our own product instead of watching you adding feature after feature while leaving the community with a gamebreaking bug.

#12 Trafalgar Law

Trafalgar Law
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Mathijs you are a stupid idiot. why do u steel the glamour of the patch for yourself. Thorongil made all the work for that patch.

i know it cuz i am the maintester with him since hes making the patches. not just 1.06 !!!

and his name isnt even shown in the credit list !!! just all the faggots who didnt do anything for it !!!

i will tell everyone in bfme on server and gr what u did and what the truth is :D

and on all the teamspeaks ;) but most of them know that thor made it. 

i thought revora works like a team and not like assholes :O

this comment is just the beginning :) wait for more. and i dont mean comments with more :D

Greetings from Samurai of the Oceans TRAF

#13 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Trafalgar Law, I'm sorry but your post does not deserve the slightest bit of attention.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Mathijs you are a stupid idiot. why do u steel the glamour of the patch for yourself. Thorongil made all the work for that patch.

i know it cuz i am the maintester with him since hes making the patches. not just 1.06 !!!

and his name isnt even shown in the credit list !!! just all the faggots who didnt do anything for it !!!

i will tell everyone in bfme on server and gr what u did and what the truth is :D

this comment is just the beginning :) wait for more. and i dont mean comments with more :D

Nothing in T3A:Patch 1.06 was created by Thor. We have our own coders. Go ask him. 

If you are the 'maintester' for Thor, I can see why it's taken so long. Get lost.

#15 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

I think it's funny, that for a game ten years old now, there are still players that are so immature and ignorant. You would think the immature and ignorant would have found the game at least five or more years ago... and grown up some since then. (I know I did)

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#16 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

First off and most importantly: Are you German? "Samurai of the Oceans" is a terrible mistranslation in the german dub of One Piece, it's merely "One of the 7 Warlords/Shichibukai" in the original language. Most likely no one aside from Germans like you and me actually understands the term "Samurai of the Oceans". ;)

And I can assure you that Revora made all these codes on their own and developed it thoroughly and carefully, step by step. What exactly are you talking about when you say Revora "stole" Thorongils work? Last time I checked his changelog I did not see most of our changes, but prove me wrong. And I'd really appreciate it if you do. Because you're accusing revora boldly without using proper arguments. Just because Thorongil created 2 popular BFME versions and announced 1.06, it's not his only right.

Aside from all that, Revora has developed this patch greatly, being cooperative and taking feedback and advise seriously and developing the patch further, step by step, with thorough testing and exactly as a team should approach a community patch project. Big shout out to everyone who was involved, the results are good and it was great to work on this project with all of you :good:

Edited by Echo, 28 February 2014 - 08:34 PM.

26285.png

#17 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

This is fabulous! =D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#18 ZeusTheAlmighty

ZeusTheAlmighty
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

I am shocked by this news. Gentleman what is going on here? Patch 1.06 being released now? When it's not even 100% completed! Why release a patch that is only like 90% completed? Thorongil was still testing it, and was not ready to release it. Sounds like you people at T3A were getting impatient. This is understandable. But we have to see the big picture here folks. The community deserved to have a patch that is 100% complete, not 90% complete. What you have done, has caused damaged, and will separate the community even further. I liked your T3A Revora Server, and liked what you were doing. But not anymore. To betray Thorongil, and to not even give him any type of credit for the work that he did, is so wrong! So immature. I am very disappointed friends.

In the work of field I do, we investigate any type of "Fraud." And any type of "plagiarism" as well. And what you people have done at T3A, is precisely what I investigate for a living. If you people would have been working for EA Games (or any company), and Thorongil as well, and Thorongil created everything for patch 1.06; you people could have had problems with the law. You say you have your evidence, well so does Thorongil. So this would have been settled at court.

But since this project (patch) was just done by simple fans of the game BFME, where the project involved no money whatsoever, then there can be no legal issues. You people are saved luckily. I don't understand why as adults, you are acting like children. You obviously liked Thorongils patch so much, that you decided to erase him entirely from the project and steal the work for yourselves and claim that you did it from "scrath." You changed a few things from Thorongils patch in order to show that it is not his work but yours. We all know what you have done. And we do not support this. The truth shall be told and will be heard. You can keep your T3A Server and your version of "1.06" for all I care. Good luck to you folks in all of your future endeavors.

#19 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

I think you are misunderstood few things here, ZeusTheAlmighty. The material that Thorongil was using to develop his 1.06 patch was not used at all at this specific patch from Revora. Therefore, there is nothing from Thorongil that is being distributed in this patch.

However, this patch clearly requires Thorongil's 1.05 patch to run correctly. In my humble opinion, he deserved at least a thanks for doing his patches. Even the T3A staff are still somewhat divided about that. I will not edit the first post to add him a thanks because I am not involved in this patch and I have no plans to override decisions from those who are really involved in this matter. We are a team here and we have to work like a team.

Regarding betrayals, there were serious communication problems between the people here and Thorongil. The patch 1.05 had a major flaw (movement bug) that was dividing the community and, instead of fixing this flaw, Thorongil decided to create a major patch that was actually looking like a mod. The timing for creating a major patch was clearly wrong and as far as I've seen the internal discussions with Thorongil here, he had no intentions to change his decisions, nor listen to what others were saying (and many people requested a movement bug fix patch before making a larger step). While everyone may understand that he was leading his project, his project is a public project with a much higher expectations than simply being his own personal pet. The expectation was a patch that would be provide the standard rules used by competitive players (and everyone else) in T3A:Online server allowing them to have fair matches. The movement bug was clearly ruining this kind of expectation and Thorongil's rejection to solve this situation (or even negotiate) forced the T3A staff to take a harsher decision to fork the project. If this is the correct decision, I don't know... but I think I would have done the same thing.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#20 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

I agree that Thorongil should be credited for starting the non-official patches 1.04 and 1.05. (I must have overlooked it when I was looking through the discussions regarding the build up of 1.06, I'm sorry.)

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users