Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hello All!

Many authors start by writing short stories or poems and then wonder if it is any good or they wonder if it is worthwhile.

Storymantel will bridge that gap. The idea is simple: Make a story sharing website that allows any and all people to share their works of art with the world. If someone has an idea they post it and gain feedback if they want it. 

It will be a very basic online interface with the following features:

• A “Story Feed” which will give you previews of a bunch of short stories that are either a Work In Progress or are complete.
  • A commenting section that can enabled or disabled. (per story)
  • A Draft, Publish, and Privatization option.
  • Subscription feature to subscribe to your favorite authors and get email updates.
  • Friend feature to friend your friends and to message your friends and or authors.
  • A customizable profile that allows for all your works in a single location plus link to personal websites.
  • A membership system (free for authors who have released at least one solid book) that will allow a more advanced editor and picture placement plus add the ability to really construct a book online. (Starting memberships will be below five dollars during startup) (This feature is still being debated)

Note: These are only some of the many features planned, all ideas are welcome and may or may not be incorporated into the final product due to be launched in the Summer of 2015.

If you would be interested in knowing more and or participating in this endeavor please contact me on Facebook, by email or by posting below.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/camandrews.1

Email: Cameron_Andrews@live.com 

I hope you will join me in this startup. I am open to all suggestions as this goes through its “Alpha Stages” the websites interface and backend will begin development in January of 2015 and will be finished by July if everything goes according to schedule. 

Thank you,

--

Elric (Cameron Andrews)

Cameron_Andrews@live.com 

#2 Lennon

Lennon
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

This looks interesting and I might have something to be published that I wrote years back. I'll keep an eye on this.

#3 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:08 AM

Thanks for the interest. There are a few alternatives out there currently but once my project is complete my hope is that it will eventually become more popular. My main competitor is something called Wattpad. However, there are many features that it has that could be vastly improved upon. I'm going to take it to the next step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users