I just tried the mod, I played a WOTR game with Evil Men.
Cool faction, lots of units.
the first things I noticed are:
- game crashes in the strategic map when I select Khamul after a RT battle where he was involved, as MajorDima wrote some time ago.
- I buy the fire arrows upgrade, but when I select the various evil men archers it say that the unit cannot purchase the upgrade.
- CP limit is still 450 for hero armies. I warmly suggest to augment it to at least 1000; it could give a great ''battle'' feeling to game with bigger armies.
For what I have seen by now this mod is a very nice work, congratulations for your efforts!
Hello IthronAiwendil and everybody else, I'm downloading the beta now, I can't wait to play it.
I ask just one question now: I remember that in Wars Of The East there is a command point limit for hero armies in WOTR mode, still the same as the original ROTWK, right? Did you manage to increase it in this new beta? If not, do you think it's worth to do? (let's say for example, hero armies with 1000 or 1500 cp instead of just 450)
- CaH for Angmar and Arnor: if you don't make it for them, I think it's ok anyway. Angmar could build and use wizard and troll heroes in CaH, while Arnor could build and use human and elven heroes.
- In my opinion the fortresses should be more resistant to normal troops (infantry, cavalry, most heroes).
- swap pikes/swords: this seems a very interesting point to me. Are you talking about multi unit formations? I'd vote yes. I think that formations aren't enough developed in the original game; If possible, one should be able to put more units in particular formations (let's say, at least, in a line of infantry or cavalry), which attack in linear way instead of moving and jumping on the enemy like a chaotic mass of worms (this more or less seems the way they to in the basic game). The formations of multiple units should move in a more military way, retaining the multi unit formation, like Shogun Total war or Medieval Total War for example. Is this beyond the game's possibilities?
- CaH troops the same faction of the hero: I vote yes.
Hello, just one thing about Uruk croosbowmen: I think their firepower is a bit too low, and they are at the same time the only infantry armed with ranged weapons for Isengard (if we do not count ballistae, which aren't very powerful as well).
- me too I don't mind about spider riders, they are very ugly to see but they're also an useful and versatile unit;
- remove the mount scorpion: I vote yes.
- Add another goblin hero: I vote yes. I would suggest this: add Durin's Bane as a hero (but not a hero leader), possibly a very expensive one because he's so though and so mean; you could eliminate the spider riders and so the goblins become a cavalry-less faction, but they get Durin's Bane and Drogoth!
-Add cost back to goblin fighters, decrease build time, poison blades free: I vote yes.