• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:05 AM

I did list all i could find in the post, there's probably more that I haven't found yet however

Edited by robb, 01 June 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#22 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

Right, turns out there was a leaked beta by a German group called Backlash in mid-late may 1998 (only shortly before actual release so not too many differences, for example the interface is like the final, not the screenshots posted here)

Here I have uploaded it: http://www.mediafire...acklashLeak.zip

The differences are identical to the Chinese version, the reason being is that the Chinese release is this version, just with text translations to Chinese, all the mission differences are also present here, as well as the debug options, but the game is in English rather than Chinese.

If you want to see the list of differences, just check my thread on the Chinese version here:

http://forums.revora...hinese-version/

I have added a few lines to commando.cfg so saves work out the box, as well as debug options.

Make sure to run it under Windows 95 compatibility.

COMANDOS.EXE and WARGAME.DIR are dated 18/05/1998

Edited by robb, 07 June 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#23 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

There is no big difference, this could be considerer the beta?? from the pictures beta had different interface...

#24 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

Yes this was leaked only a few weeks before the game was finished maybe, there are quite a few differences from the final European and American versions, the Chinese release is this "beta" version but translated to Chinese, which kind of makes sense because in China there is no copyright laws so they could take a leaked game and release it for money without any problems, at least this beta is good in terms of debug options, i just hope we can figure a way to get the mission editor working eventually.

Those screenshots were obviously from earlier in the development, before that version was leaked, maybe from reviewers who got an early copy to review, I dont think any copy of those very early versions exist today, maybe only Pyro themselves still have it, I could be wrong though.

Edited by robb, 07 June 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#25 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:23 AM

Found lots of more pictures with a lot of differences, enjoy

Common things you'll notice is that garrisons don't have swastika flags, and the hud is a lot different.

Can see start area is a lot different

mision01a_1024x576.jpg

That secondary garrison originally had a door going inside the camp, also the alarm seems to be built onto the camp rather than being an exterior feature like in final, and the truck seems to be smaller.

mision01_1024x576.jpg

Here you can see an early version of mission 3, check the map out.

mision03a_1024x576.jpg

Early version of the dam, wasn't round like in the final game.

big3.jpg

Can't really see much differences here other than obvious things like the HUD.

mision04_1024x576.jpg

Here there is a desert version of the panzer 3 that isn't in the final game, and the tank on a crane seems to be in a different position.

big5.jpg

No gun and the door seems to be smaller

mision05_1024x576.jpg

Different boxes for picking up items, diver/marine has no harpoon or knife

paraca_1024x576.jpg

Gb has a pick axe, i think it's for climbing but not too sure, seems to be a barrel at the south maybe for blowing up the train track.

tren_1024x576.jpg

Not much difference here, the garrison seems to have some weird steps outside the door?

AVION_1024x576.jpg

No archway, sergeants with dogs, a 7 man patrol, and a few objects that wern't there in the final

Fas002_1024x576.jpg

The uniform is in a different place, there is a barrel that wasn't there in final, and I think telephone wire is placed a little different, can't notice anything else.

Fas003_1024x576.jpg

Here you can see old faces, gb and spy had a different picture in the beta. Also some boxes with commando items near the radar that isn't there in final.

Mision%2009_1024x576.jpg

Not much difference here, other than fountain not being animated.

mision%2010_1024x576.jpg

Same again here, can't notice much differences other than the obvious ones like the hud. Maybe the fire effect is a little different?

Mision%2012_1024x576.jpg

Not much difference here either.

Mision%20154_1024x576.jpg

Here all the commandos are near the oil rigs to the north with a truck that wasn't there in the final, and in the final only the gb could get down there.

Mision%2015_1024x576.jpg

havent noticed anything different other than there is no animation for the water fountain, and no enemies on the map.

Mision%2016_1024x576.jpg

Seems to be a blown up tractor, the objects near the tracks seem to be missing.

mision%2017_1024x576.jpg

Here can see there is more boats you can use,

ff6fa963d64697faea879064bc0d27db.png

Here there is a ju-87 stuka inside the camp, and some dogs, also the driver seems to have a weapon that isn't in the final, I think it's a machete but can't be sure. They should of kept a silent ability for the driver in my opinion.

big4.jpg

Here can see another extra ju-87 stuka

shot3.jpg

Here can see that there is a panzer 4 in this mission that wasn't there in final, not sure if its a drivable or an enemy panzer 4 though.

f3bb1241dce582b96b4b939d2d8ffc5a.png

Here it looks like you can access the u-boats without having to use the diver/marine to ferry them all across.

f5a251a5cda84a7bc008e17c927b6161.png

Here can see driver and sapper in this mission, no escape autogyro and some trees instead of a cliff.

shot2.jpg

Can't see much difference here other than hud, taken from one of the ingame tutorial videos

688f42662317cf63ec1e3db6b19b3e0a.png

Another curiosity taken from the tutorial video, driver is in mission 6

bec8e9250de7eb6fffe731c66579a0c5.png

Taken from preview in BEL demo, truck is in different place:

895f9dddabfc70a94a4d6978f97c9ac5.png

Edited by robb, 13 December 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#26 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:34 AM

I think it's a machete but can't be sure. They should of kept a silent ability for the driver in my opinion.

Interesting thing, what it should be, i dont remember any lose weapons in commandos files.

Here can see that there is a panzer 4 in this mission that wasn't there in final, not sure if its a drivable or an enemy panzer 4 though.

Yes, thats an enemy panzer 4, you can create driveable by modding..

#27 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:07 AM

I know there is an unused crossbow for the driver in the files which acts similar to the divers harpoon but that is a different weapon in the picture.

And yeah i kinda guessed it was an enemy panzer 4 because they are not shooting at it, but there is no panzer 4 in that mission atall normally which is the main point

Edited by robb, 07 December 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#28 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hey Robb, thanks for sharing those pictures! :thumbsuphappy: 

The item in the driver's backpack is a wrench. I guess the driver was originally designed to repair (and maybe hot-wire) vehicles because some game files are named 'mecanico'. That would explain why the other guys of the team aren't able to drive a car or truck.

#29 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:41 PM

That's weird there's a few things about the driver being able to repair vehicles in the c2 files too

#30 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:55 AM

robb i think you did a mistake, the file uploaded is the same commandos retail version, not beta at all, donwloaded and tested, and missions are same!!!

#31 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

robb i think you did a mistake, the file uploaded is the same commandos retail version, not beta at all, donwloaded and tested, and missions are same!!!

As i've said that version i uploaded to mediafire only has a few minor differences, it is still a beta version because it was leaked a few weeks before the game was released, it is just not a very early beta like on the screenshots.

If it's because you already have a copy of BEL installed, it will open that version still, to fix this, you need this registry fix which allows you to have multiple versions of bel (for XP and older, 8 and 10):

http://www.mediafire...registryfix.zip

If you are on Vista or 7, you can just set the compatibility of the comandos.exe to windows95 without the registry fix.

Heres all the differences in that version I uploaded: 

If the green beret places an out of reach decoy, or near a soldier that doesn't chase the decoy, the germans will face it forever, unlike in the final version where they go back to normal after a short time.

Tanks or armoured cars with machine gun armament such as the panzer 2 and sdkfz have unlimited range. (for example on mission 4 you can shoot across the river at nearly the whole map with the panzer 2)

Panzer 3 and Panzer 4 tanks can't be killed with grenades. (although I hear some other versions allow and disallow that)

No ingame videos

No indication of the escape point on the in game map

Cheat code is gonzo1982 rather than 1982gonzo

A lot of debug options that are not in the final European/US versions

Ctrl+shift+x cheat works in this version, this is the cheat to blow up everything on the map, I haven't seen another version with this cheat working

Mission differences (that i've found so far):

Tutorial missions: No briefing explaining the objectives

Mission 1: There is an alarm in the objective area, although no garrison

Mission 8: There is an extra guard next to cannon, barrels are placed differently, and the line of sight is green like in norway missions

Mission 9: Escape truck is inside the camp

Mission 13: There are 2 enemy patrol boats that come in by the exit to destroy instead of 1 like in the other versions

Mission 15: The escape truck is just a normal truck rather than the fire truck in the other versions

Mission 18: You can drive the tank across the bridge

Edited by robb, 13 December 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#32 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:42 PM

Ok, i understand my mistake, but still not the version youre showing in the images, so bad, that one is not avaliable to donwload. Was trying to find panzer 4 and the mechanic object to test, but there are same files than retail..

#33 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics robb. Is the wrench/machete selectable in-game? Does it light up (it's circumference) when you move the mouse over it?

The driver does have a silent weapon did you not know? It's been disabled in the final game: a small crossbow.

Lastly: do you know if the crossbow and flamethrowwer pics are in the beta?

#34 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

As far as I know there's no way to get the wrench in the retail or that late beta version of C1 I uploaded.

And yes I know about the crossbow, but I think it's stupid that they never used it :D

The crossbow and flamethrower pics are in the final version too if you activate them, although the flame thrower is not working properly, but the crossbow works, it acts similar to the divers harpoon, fires a little faster, but has limited ammo. It's also used in the Strike In Narrow Path mod.

Edited by robb, 10 December 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#35 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:02 PM

As far as I know there's no way to get the wrench in the retail or that late beta version of C1 I uploaded.

And yes I know about the crossbow, but I think it's stupid that they never used it :D

I have found the wrench in the game files, but was not able to use in game.

LLAVE.WAD

zlaz2o.jpg

#36 The Mercenary

The Mercenary
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

I have found the wrench in the game files, but was not able to use in game.

LLAVE.WAD

zlaz2o.jpg

That's a closed american wrench, it was used in the scrapped repair ability, like in C2, but sadly it was not used in both C1 and C2.  :whatoa:

Why Pyro, WHY ??

#37 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:50 AM

Agent MB just sent me some more beta C1 pics, so thought i'd share these here. There are some BCD beta pics also. Some big differences it seems. Some are low resolution but better than nothing. I'm fairly certain that the bottom larger res pics are from the BCD demo previews if I remember correctly.

172.jpg

180.jpg

184.jpg

188.jpg

199.jpg  = maxresdefault_1.jpg

203.jpg

211.jpg

215.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by robb, 08 February 2017 - 03:01 AM.

#38 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

Yes, you are right, the bottom images are from the BCD demo.

But where did Agent MB get the BEL images from? I haven't seen them before, that's amazing!

#39 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:54 AM

Yes, you are right, the bottom images are from the BCD demo.

But where did Agent MB get the BEL images from? I haven't seen them before, that's amazing!

He sent me this, it's a flash file, so I just decompiled the images from it
http://web.archive.o...ed.html?gmid=31

#40 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

Green Beret brick-face.. aw, god!! Good that was replaced. :smile2ap:

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

0 user(s) are reading this topic