Good evening BFME1 players,
We are happy to announce and immediately release a fix for BFME1's stretched UI, which occurs for players using a Widescreen resolution.
The fix was developed by long-time The3rdAge modding veteran and staff member Kwen. Thanks Kwen!
This fix is intercompatible, meaning that installing it doesn't prevent you from playing with people that don't have it installed!
Together with our Patch 1.06 Widescreen Map height fix, you can now play BFME1 in proper Widescreen.
How does it work?
- Unpack the _aptpatch.rar file using WinRAR.
- Place the _aptpatch.BIG file in your BFME1 installation folder (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™)
- Play the game without the stretched Palantir and Spellbook!
How to use a Widescreen resolution?
- Visit your My Battle for Middle-earth Files folder, easily accessible by typing %appdata% in the Windows Search bar.
- Open Options.ini and add the following line: Resolution = 1920 1080 (if you have a different widescreen resolution, type that instead)
- Play the game in full Widescreen!
How to play BFME1 online?
- Visit our server website at http://t3aonline.net/
We hope you enjoy,
The3rdAge & T3A:Online Staff