#41 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:12 PM

I don't think they're trying to dig up information, they're just trying to shut him down on social media, his businesses etc

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

Yes, allowing people to steal money... what a noble and proud tradition.

#43 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

I didn't say it was a good thing. :p

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

You're probably some Anonymous double-agent.  You'll never take me alive... because I'm a skeleton.

This topic has been a bit Trump sided, but there's just nothing about Hilary worth spitting about.  The only news I've read about her is "she lyin'."  The articles about her are about as predictable as you could imagine:

http://www.breitbart...ed-about-lying/

#45 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

It's quite a curious paradox this whole thing. Trump for sure is fascistic in his policies and political campaigning, using hate to rally people in what would only be a devastating presidency that would probably seal the downward spiral of working people's rights and living standards forever, but ironically by attempting to stop him succeeding at all costs you are by definition being undemocratic. It's really exposed the strangeness of US politics.

Modern western politics aren't really "democratic" on a philosophical level, things are off limits even when they don't per say deny empirical evidence. Modern leftism is justified based on subjective narrative. If the majority of people for example want their European country to stay majority their own ethnic group, it's bad because it will deny "freedom of movement", and then some neurotic narrative is argued that "everyone came from somewhere else" - which is like saying it's wrong to like/prefer apples because they were once seeds. The logic is never applied consistently. Then education is used to teach people this is wrong (read: brainwashing). So basically in modern western society what people's real opinions are is subject to narrative; no consistent delineation between what is and is not brainwashing, just a bunch of non-sequiturs. The irony is many "Fascist" leaders may have brainwashed people less and have been philosophically more democratic despite being technically dictators. I'd like a moral direct democracy in all countries for each ethnic group with only flat out denials of empirical evidence off limits. Morality should be organic and from the people.

On the general subject of Trump I'm probably going to vote for him even though I feel the system has essentially chosen Hillary. Why? Primarily because of foreign policy issues. He wants to mend relations with Russia, has criticized US regime change policies in Iraq, Libya, and Syria, has criticized the bombing of Serbia, and wants to help Russia and Syria smash ISIS. He even criticized our support of the FSA and criticized our "ally" Saudi Arabia, as well as Europe's ethnomasochistic immigration and social policies. To me this is enough to outweigh his negatives - he won me over without a second thought. Note the foreign policy stuff is mostly things the American left agrees on, yet apparently him saying mean words outweighs that, so apparently we should vote for Hillary to stop him. I've seen leftists say they'd vote for Hillary over Trump, yet Hillary is way more warlike and has the potential to cause far more net harm with more dumb, stupid, damaging foreign wars. Shows where their priorities stand. It's not that Trump hasn't said and advocated questionable things, it's just they're petty considering what Hillary has fucking done and the net harm and destruction she has caused. The only warlike shit Trump has advocated was towards Daesh - the group people from all over the political spectrum can unanimously agree are complete scum.

I don't personally care about the wall or illegal immigration into the United States or whatever, because the demographic makeup of the United States does not personally concern me, yet it is extremely obvious Trump is not a racist, he just words things in assholish ways, but even his supposedly "anti-Mexican" statements can easily be construed as simply talking about illegal immigration, whether they are true or not. Actions speak louder than words, and he has hired people of all races and ethnic groups, and has hispanic supporters.

Incidentally I don't mind Bernie that much - I'd mind him in Europe, but here I don't personally give a fuck. I'm pretty left on economics. My main issues are 1). He probably won't win. 2). He's honestly not as good as Trump regarding foreign policy. 3) This is just my personal opinion, he seems like an "Obama". What I mean by that is he seems like a person who promises change, but once he gets into power would be too weak willed to implement change in the face of the system in place, or at least lacks the power to. Trump on the other hand is unstable and boisterous and that's just what we need. I find the critiques of him being a "dictator" to be appeals to really crybaby morality. Perhaps a dictator that breaks all the rules is just what we need to destroy the disgusting construct that runs the United States. Just look at how he's absolutely terrifying the neo-conservative status quo and breaking up the Republican party and mainstream pansy-ass Christian conservatives. It's absolutely beautiful.

http://www.breitbart...o-the-republic/

Gods I hate Glenn Beck.

Edited by Casen, 30 March 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#46 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

So far Sanders is catching up onto Clinton while Trump is maintaining his position despite political rants and threats against him.

#47 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

So far Sanders is catching up onto Clinton while Trump is maintaining his position despite political rants and threats against him.

I'm pretty damn certain Hillary will win. The flaws Trump does have and his mannerisms are putting too many people off. Whether the people put off by him have their priorities straight is anyone's guess, but that's how people act. I kinda hope Bernie beats Hillary because of how awful Hillary is and I don't mind Bernie that much. If Bernie won I wouldn't be too upset if he beat Trump. I like Trump better on foreign policy, attitude, and general hatred of political correctness and I like Bernie way better on economy and environment.

#48 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

I don't usually put my money on people that have already given up.

#49 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Pasidon said it here first guys but Trump has given up. Maybe American politics isn't such a joke, it still has a chance to prove idiocracy...

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#50 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

One never quits when they poses the Trump card.

#51 SirFailzAlot

SirFailzAlot
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:39 AM

Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul 2012 and Rand in 2016. I operated Rand's largest Super PAC and was a delegate for Ron.

#52 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

I wasn't going to blame you, but now I do.  YOU MONSTER.

#53 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

As of today, both Cruz and Kasich are throwing in the towel and possibly will be dropping out of the race as Trump is most likely the GOP presidental candicate winner.

On the Democratic side, while Clinton is almost winning on max delegates, Sanders still refuses to give up.

So it looks like history will be made this November between Trump vs Clinton (billionaire vs woman) after all.

#54 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

I like how you just describe Hillary as "woman."  Classic Zocom.

Yea, Cruz and other guy that no one cares about, took one step into my state and expected to come out winners... they came out dead.  My man Trumpster is going to clean some clocks.  Hillary is a waste of time that no one likes, and Bernie Flanders, or whatever that ancient relic's name is... who cares.  I don't usually put my money on people that already gave up once.  People complained that John McCain was too old, but look at this guy.  He's probably older than the Vietcong.

#55 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

I've decided that Trump getting this far is actually an elaborate daydream fueled by my inner misanthrope. Because it can't be true.

Man, I got to snap out of this.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#56 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

Yes.  It's all a dream come true.

#57 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:05 AM

At this point I'm seriously afraid he'll win the general election too. 

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#58 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

According to the recent polls here in Indiana, old man Sanders was a more popular vote than Trump.  On the flip, Trump was more popular than Clinton.  You've got a chance is Sanders wins, but the system is a bit rigged against him at the moment.

#59 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

I want to reiterate here: if you consider yourself a leftist/progressive, it honestly is logical to vote for Trump over Hillary. Why? Because all the worst accusations of Trump are conjectural ("He's a racist because he worded his opposition to illegal immigration questionably!!!"), and the rest are general behavior patterns - trivial basically, even if valid criticisms. Even the things that are perhaps serious (advocation of borderline war crime tactics in fighting ISIS, TEMPORARILY halting Muslim immigrants from entering the USA), would have far less damaging effects in the long term than a continuation of the neo-conservative status quo (which a reminder the vast majority of leftists rightfully oppose; they've opposed it for decades). You're giving up your once chance to throw a wrench into the gears of this wretched system, and if you are wanting to stop Trump over Hillary, you are basically helping neoconservatism at this point - even if you also do not like Hillary. That's pretty despicable all things considered.

Trump to me is, at worst, a raging bull to let loose in the china shop of the corrupt US government. Unrefined and a bit of a bigot, he's still a chance at trashing this disgusting system. He's making so many neo-cons mad it's absolutely adorable, and despite not being a leftist myself, at least on social issues, there's something sincerely disgusting at the thought of young idealistic leftists de-facto defending such a system by focusing their hatred on Trump - especially now that Bernie is very likely to lose. Living in reality means you have to look at everything from a pragmatic stance (towards your own long-term goals) first, and then choosing the least harmful option.

But let me betray myself a bit here: On my end it is also partially ideological. I happen to like Assad and I liked Gadaffi ideologically, and I despise the Saudis as I despise the masochistic multicultural policies in Europe. Trump has attacked the latter two, and these are things I find extremely refreshing from a US politician that actually has a fucking chance of winning and isn't Pat Buchanan. No fucking way am I going to pass up this chance, regardless of what flaws Trump has. Hillary was practically the architect of the overthrow of Gaddafi, and she's literally stated we should side with our "moderate" Saudi "allies" in Syria - never mind she wants to continue our support for the FSA and other rebel (read: terrorist) groups in Syria.

Remember: If you're anti-war Trump is, at the very least on aggregate, your best choice especially if(when) Bernie loses. Hillary is the worst, the absolute worst, of the likely candidates to win if you're anti-war and against the system. That's that.

#60 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

Well, you know more about this stuff than I do.  But it's good that you're on Trump's side.  People think he's the scum off the rock, but he's really less despicable than most politicians these days.  His personal story consists of outsmarting his competition at a young age, turning small opportunities into massive advantages with a combination of tactical smarts and aggressive determination.  I'm a sucker for a good story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users