• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Let me know about taurox as ua team seem keen so no point two people doing it. I would love it for vostroyans mod.

#22 Ziani_FromSpess

Ziani_FromSpess
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Projects:Dawn of Glory Mod
  •  Shadow Captain

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

But would UA team share their Taurox? I wonder...

If you have the base Ref.max ready, just point me to a link and I'll get to work, Mr Fuggles :)

#23 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

"UA taurox" I guess it is the same model released by Knezekj.

http://www.moddb.com...d/images/taurox

Ahem...

Guys, instead of inquiring new models, why don't we ask brother Ziani to help us with the existing ones that just need finishing, and keep us back from releasing projects? I mean something like:

http://www.mediafire...yj150fjamzg.jpg

http://www.mediafire...cv2hcc2btzg.jpg

These two Harleys buildings only need mapping/texturing and this is far less work!

Not to mention the Altar of Tzeentch, which is the last building of Thousand Sons we are missing...

Related to the AdMech, I have found unfortunately that the missing textures of the "conversion beamer" (the green ray) and a pink rim which appears while something is updated in the tower are not linked externally in the whm but contained inside. Therefore I see no easy way to do a retexture by trial and error unless opened in a proper 3d program

We don't have news from Ooimperial but I think it was in charge of the Altar of Tzeentch.

The other buildings which awaits a retexturing are the ones of the HR mod. I see that the mod is not exciting as it is another flavour of vanilla guard but it deserves to be released. And it is fun to play with; once the buildings are made, some few model replacements and they're good to go.

Edited by Roderick, 19 July 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#24 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Yeah I had asked ua if they were interested. I can let them know you are looking at it? They are good about sharing so it will hit the wider world, no problems.

#25 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

First, let me say that brother Knezekj is a friend of ours. Plus I am a kinda "unofficial" member of the UA team and Cylarne is a good friend of mine - so he told to me that we do have permission to get whatever we want from UA (we must of course include credits) :thumbsuphappy:

Brother Ziani said:

Of course! But I still need to finish the Orks, & new DA first. That's because brother Thudo was the first person to make a request for updated DeathWing Terminators + DeathWing Knights + New Belial Model... not to mention they will be included for the first episode of my mod (Orks+DA)...

E X C E L L E N T !!

I 100% concur.

Brother Roderick said:

Related to the AdMech, I have found unfortunately that the missing textures of the "conversion beamer" (the green ray) and a pink rim which appears while something is updated in the tower are not linked externally in the whm but contained inside. Therefore I see no easy way to do a retexture by trial and error unless opened in a proper 3d program

Dammit. This is the most important bit of work we need there...

Brother Roderick also said:

We don't have news from Ooimperial but I think it was in charge of the Altar of Tzeentch.

We were taking care of this in a small forum in ModDB with Thud, Skinnie and Greenscorpion. But no luck there as well, it has gone silent...

Brother Roderick also said:

The other buildings which awaits a retexturing are the ones of the HR mod. I see that the mod is not exciting as it is another flavour of vanilla guard but it deserves to be released. And it is fun to play with; once the buildings are made, some few model replacements and they're good to go.

I 100% agree. NICE ideas there, if someone was to take over the AE, His Righteous Imperial Guard is QUITE fun to play. And those building are... "simple", and I guess quite easy to texture for the texturers!

-In search of Papasmurf...

#26 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Gambit, if you have time could you check a moment the griffon in the HR mod? I think there is neither projectile nor impact or damage from it. Maybe it is a missing weapon fx or attribute, it's not the same griffon from the "codex" models

Edited by Roderick, 19 July 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#27 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

Well, I fast-checked and it seem to be purely a model issue. The heavy bolter of the griffon has the same issues (but since it is a non-projectile weapon, it does cause damage).

Bottomline, you won't see any firing or FXes unless it is properly OEed...

#28 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

People, this is relevant. I have found a link to the raw models of Table Top Simulator made by John Harris in his Steam workshop. They are really good and delivered for free. In particular there are official models of Adeptus Mechanicus, 7th ed Harlequins, the Scarab Occult terminators of Thousand sons, the Centurion suit for space marines and some new kabalite warriors and tau suits.

The models are in obj and textures in either psd or jpg or tga (of course, no rigging no animation). I think that may be interesting if Zianni wants to take a look on them.

link: http://www.mediafire...o60ow/Warhammer

I have read that he got a job so he has stopped his work, but the set of models he has made is of good quality and very close to the miniatures

Edited by Roderick, 20 July 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#29 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Looks like ua are going to take up the taurox.

#30 Ziani_FromSpess

Ziani_FromSpess
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Projects:Dawn of Glory Mod
  •  Shadow Captain

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Looks like ua are going to take up the taurox.

Hmmm... Then I'll just have to make my own Taurox, when I reach the Imperial Guard phase of my mod, that is.

Cylarne has his own ambitions, as I have my own; so it wouldn't be fair nor square to "borrow" stuff for my own project from his UA mod (gotta keep it professional :))

Anyway, as I'm starting to feel a bit better, I think I will prioritize my mod, though I have yet to finish the Orks :sad: . Once I get started with the DA stuff, I'll be that much closer to fulfilling my promise to my venerable Spiritual Liege: Chapter Master Thudo.

Edited by Ziani_FromSpess, 27 July 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#31 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Once I get started with the DA stuff...

:xcahik_: :xcahik_: :xcahik_:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users