Photo

Favorite subfactions

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite subfactions 3.3.1 (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite subfactions (doesn't have to be for competitive and you can choose multiple)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

So I've searched any polls about favorite subfactions and i haven't found one, especially without Foehn ones since they're pretty new.

subflags.png

Which is you favorite subfaction/s (if you have more, go for it) that you like the most? The ones that characterize your gameplay or even just for aesthetics and favorite lore of all.

My personal are: Latin Confederation, China, European Alliance and Scorpion Cell, I personally enjoyed watching China's subfaction spotlight with the Dragonfly EMP screwing with the radar.

Let there be light!

#2 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

I've voted for one subfaction per main faction.

Last Bastion is the epitome of bulky and hard-hitting. Standing still and watching your enemy's futile efforts to break the wall is always entertaining.

Epsilon HQ is my favorite because of Irkalla and Brute Spam.

I'm stuck between China and Russia. China fits my preferred playstyle more, but I'm not that great at it. Russia is fun to play because it has the right mix of bulkiness (Rhinos) and mobile assault (Wolfhound).

I don't like Allies all that much :-\. So it's hard to choose. PF is powerhouse but setting up Battle Fortresses and microing Suppressors is tedious. I'm so-so with EA. That leaves US. US is probably the only Subversive faction I'm comfortable with.

#3 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

Recently, the one I played as the most is Last Bastion. It is effectively China taken to another level. Giantsbane and Godsbane completely destroy everything in theirs way while Mastodons laugh at enemy units shooting at them. Oh, and the Gharials. GG for mind control. The extra Knightframes also helps dealing with surprise air attacks.

IMO Russia is the easiest to play Soviet faction since it doesn't lack anything. SCUD is just so powerful vs buildings, and wolfhound is great again. Still, I like China playstyle more as the crawling wall of tanks is such a wonderful thing to look at. Latin Confederation have good stuffs, but I don't think it's truely stand out for me since it's basically Russia with old weapons and more fire.

Never like Epsilon much to be honest, as trickery is certainly not my thing. But I like Libra, and the new magnetic beam support power make Psicorps a seriously annoying opponent. Then there's HQ with brute apocalypse and doomsday disc, also fun to play. I can't like SC, its the only faction I can never feel like playing for fun. It's just way too demanding in attention and efforts.

As for Allies, US all the way. It have big improvements compared to 3.0. Riot trooper is the best Allied infantry ever. Abrams is now actually good and ofcourse never forget Tanya IFV. Pacific Front is strong with all those Zephyrs and BTs, but it's not fast and deadly like US. EA feels somewhat boring to play, but I do like Thors and Siegefried. The Prismtank is just like before, the best unit to wreck infantry and buildings.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#4 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Allies: Pacific Front. The only Allied sub-faction I actually like.

Soviets: voted for all three since I play as all of them, but if I had to pick one, it's hard between China and Russia.

Epsilon: HQ.

Foehn: Haihead.

#5 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Allies: European Alliance

Soviets: China

Epsilon: HQ

Foehn: Last Bastion

What do they all have in common with me? Being powerhouses.

#6 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

I main Russia and second HQ

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#7 0freeicecream

0freeicecream
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Allied: USA

Soviet: Russia

Epsilon: Scorpion Cell

Foehn: Wings of Coronia

I guess you could say I'm a speed bruiser player.  Honestly, it's a toss up between SC and HQ, but I like certain units of the cell over the HQ.

#8 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

Latin Confederation, Russia, and PsiCorps, no aliens/allies for me thanks

LC is just fun and fast

Russia is a good balance

PsiCorps because magnets, magnets are good against foehn and china

#9 Directive255

Directive255
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Projects:The Directive Saga
  •  Kuchenmeister

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

US because versatility, paratroopers, Tanya and LAZORS!!! US is one of the best subfactions in the game!

Russia is great, I enjoy using Tesla Cruisers, Wolfhounds, SCUDs and Volkov.

PsiCorps because Libra and Magnetron.

HQ is awesome and easy for me, a mix of powerhouse and trickster.

Last Bastion, well although Foehn sometimes look ugly to me, they're fun to play. And very easy for me in Skirmish games, seeing how the AI futilely sends their troops to suicide is very entertaining for me.

cake love <3 cake love <3

#10 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

I'm not a competitive player at all, so my subfaction choices are more based on fun factor than efficiency. N00b that I am. :p

For me, Haihead takes the prize for sheer coolness. But I tend to be a defensize player, so Euro Alliance and Last Bastion are my top choices. When I do go offensive, I like to be more supportive/guerilla rather than MBT rushes, so I like BOMB BUGGY Latin Confederation and, to some extent, Scorpion Cell.

I really should start actually playing online.

#11 RushingRasputin

RushingRasputin
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

I play alot of LC. I would argue that their frontline firepower is even stronger than Russia with their Catastrophes and Buratinos. But they also have alot of fast and fun gimmicks and subversive tactics. 

I'm not a competitive player at all, so my subfaction choices are more based on fun factor than efficiency. N00b that I am.  :p

For me, Haihead takes the prize for sheer coolness. But I tend to be a defensize player, so Euro Alliance and Last Bastion are my top choices. When I do go offensive, I like to be more supportive/guerilla rather than MBT rushes, so I like BOMB BUGGY Latin Confederation and, to some extent, Scorpion Cell.

I really should start actually playing online.

USA is amazing, with their Abrams, Riot Troopers, Airpower, Paradrops.  Also, LC actually mounts one of the best MBT rushes in the game online I find.  

Edited by RushingRasputin, 26 March 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#12 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Allies: European Alliance

Soviets: China

Epsilon: HQ

Foehn: Last Bastion

What do they all have in common with me? Being powerhouses.

voted the same stuff

#13 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

I play alot of LC. I would argue that their frontline firepower is even stronger than Russia with their Catastrophes and Buratinos. But they also have alot of fast and fun gimmicks and subversive tactics. 

Buratinos are one of my favorite units in the game. Great range, and unlike some other artillery units they can defend themselves well against infantry. Great counter to manspam.

#14 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

The subfactions i chose are mostly due to my play style.

Soviets: China all the way. I love that their army is slow yet powerful- never underestimate them. They are meant for turtling, but can mount a pretty good offense as well.

I am a soviet player and prefer their abilities to get troops on the ground quickly, and that they need combined arms to win the day, instead of like the Allies who don't have to exactly use teamwork to win.

Fight for the Herd!

-Qilin tank is superb at its job, just don't count on it always catching ita prey.

-Nuwa SPG is awesome, I love the pacifistic voice while the unit itself can destroy just about everything. Just don't stand near it too long, or walk where it fires.

-Eradicator in my opinion, is so much better than the Desolator. Longer firing range and better health.

-Sentinel is amazing. I don't care that its slow; the fact it can gun down Kirovs and other air units in a few bursts has me sold.

-Gyrocopter "If i stop peddling, I'll die!"
He is okay, but does its job decently;watch for friendly fire and use them in flocks of ten at least. Can we have a helicopter instead? Please?

-Yunru is my favorite hero out of EVERYONE *stand asideTanya*. Even if she doesn't really have the ability to directly kill anyone, she can see stealth units, EMP multiple vehicles if they cluster toghether, use hwr earthshake drill to hurt structures from afar, her actress did an excellent job, and she works well with the Centurion.

-Centurion is a tripod siege unit that mops thebfloor with almost everyone and anything. Its one of my favorite units in the entire game, and I always use it 95% of the time if i am rich enough. I love how it can defend from aerial threats too.

Apologies, China is my 99.999% faction i go with, even on naval maps. I'll find a way to bring the might of China to you! Even if it takes a while to get there ^^;

Also you guys are not pronouncing "Qilin" correctly. Its not "Killin" its "Chee-lin". The Chinese use "Q" differently in their language. Just like hiw the Japanese don't have "L" in their alphabet (thats why "Lucario" is "Rukario").

Allies:European Alliance
If I HAVE to play the Allies (i don't reall ly enjoy them, sorry guys and gals) the EA are my go to; they can defend wonderfully, but also dish out some justice too! Thisnis THE only Allied Faction i will willingly play and have a fun time with.

-Sniper, without a doubt is a blast from the past when i played Yuri's Revenge as Britian all the time. Plus nothing is more satisfiying as hearing Rahn's monotoned death after only a few shots from these bereted chaps.

-Charon tank.....one of THE scariest units in this game for me. If the foreboding "WWHHHHHMMMMMMM!" it makes when it moves wasn't terrifying enough, its a bloody Chrono Legionairre on treads, except it won't kill buildings (which is thankfully understandable). Love using it, now I can feel like Futuretech ^_^

-Cavalier is my second favorite MBT right after the Qilin. Fast strong enough, and makes me smile everytime I hear "Smashing!"

-Mirage thank goodness he is not French in this okder better game. Its not bad, though its only good on vehicles. Foehn's stolen tech version is much better.

-Thor Gunship Valhalla will stand, must I say more? One of my favorite allied units, this bad boy kills everyone and everything. Its super satisfying to electrify that little Psionic brat with it.

-Siegfried...I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. He's good in a pinch, but he shoots too slowly and he's liable to kill his comrades if you're not careful. I honestly barely use him, and would rather spend my credits elsewhere. Just use him to solo base defenses, or leave him behind at your base to defend with the lads.

P.S why do the Japanese even have a Battle Tortoise? The EA should get the Battle *FORTRESS* back. So we can trample our enemies! (You can tell i don't like the Pacific Front)

Epsilon I've just gotten into with a little practice. So far I have tried Epsilon HQ. I don't play Epsilon, but if I had to pick HQ is what I'd go with.

-Opus tank wants to be a Qilin, and does a decent job at it. Its a speedy Qilin but its armor is lighter. Nod tok shabby their Yuri, not too shabby.

-Rahn...you see him, run away or take him down with mass numbers. Imagine Raccoon City, but the Zombies are Angry Russian Hulks with a penchant for relieving your men of their lunch money...violently.

-Yuri Adept just a Yuri clone with a nee portrait to me. Just a great as the old classic from YR. I like to steal him from the barracks or use him in Unholy Alliance if i get the chance.

-Drill Miner cool for surprise attacks or getting somewhere your men can't reach. If only it was faster.

-Irkalla with shape the land of the dead...really slowly. Great defending and scarying the pants off people, but not much else. Still great though!
P.S be one with Yuri, that is all.

Sorry but I don't really play Foehn much. They have my favorite soundtrack (even bought it for 10 dollars and always listen to it ^_^), but...as powerful as they are, they still feel strange to me. I don't enjoy an expensive army very much, and its strange not having cheap units that die kinda fast. I don't hate Foehn unless i am fighting them (gosh darn devourer swarms can go to somewhere else). Its satisfying to destroy their units -even kidnap them with the Drakov-, but...I'll try them again some more.

To me they are a Twisted version of GDI, but not in the bad way. More like the scary way.

#15 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

Russia

Spoiler

Latin Confederation

Spoiler

Scorpion Cell

Spoiler

Haihead

Spoiler

I avoid playing OP factions like China, Coronia, and whatnot. I'm also just not a fan of Allies for some reason :/

Edited by BlackAbsence, 22 July 2018 - 12:54 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#16 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:24 AM

The subfactions i chose are mostly due to my play style.

Soviets: China all the way. I love that their army is slow yet powerful- never underestimate them. They are meant for turtling, but can mount a pretty good offense as well.

I am a soviet player and prefer their abilities to get troops on the ground quickly, and that they need combined arms to win the day, instead of like the Allies who don't have to exactly use teamwork to win.

Fight for the Herd!

-Qilin tank is superb at its job, just don't count on it always catching ita prey.

-Nuwa SPG is awesome, I love the pacifistic voice while the unit itself can destroy just about everything. Just don't stand near it too long, or walk where it fires.

-Eradicator in my opinion, is so much better than the Desolator. Longer firing range and better health.

-Sentinel is amazing. I don't care that its slow; the fact it can gun down Kirovs and other air units in a few bursts has me sold.

-Gyrocopter "If i stop peddling, I'll die!"
He is okay, but does its job decently;watch for friendly fire and use them in flocks of ten at least. Can we have a helicopter instead? Please?

-Yunru is my favorite hero out of EVERYONE *stand asideTanya*. Even if she doesn't really have the ability to directly kill anyone, she can see stealth units, EMP multiple vehicles if they cluster toghether, use hwr earthshake drill to hurt structures from afar, her actress did an excellent job, and she works well with the Centurion.

-Centurion is a tripod siege unit that mops thebfloor with almost everyone and anything. Its one of my favorite units in the entire game, and I always use it 95% of the time if i am rich enough. I love how it can defend from aerial threats too.

Apologies, China is my 99.999% faction i go with, even on naval maps. I'll find a way to bring the might of China to you! Even if it takes a while to get there ^^;

Also you guys are not pronouncing "Qilin" correctly. Its not "Killin" its "Chee-lin". The Chinese use "Q" differently in their language. Just like hiw the Japanese don't have "L" in their alphabet (thats why "Lucario" is "Rukario").

Allies:European Alliance
If I HAVE to play the Allies (i don't reall ly enjoy them, sorry guys and gals) the EA are my go to; they can defend wonderfully, but also dish out some justice too! Thisnis THE only Allied Faction i will willingly play and have a fun time with.

-Sniper, without a doubt is a blast from the past when i played Yuri's Revenge as Britian all the time. Plus nothing is more satisfiying as hearing Rahn's monotoned death after only a few shots from these bereted chaps.

-Charon tank.....one of THE scariest units in this game for me. If the foreboding "WWHHHHHMMMMMMM!" it makes when it moves wasn't terrifying enough, its a bloody Chrono Legionairre on treads, except it won't kill buildings (which is thankfully understandable). Love using it, now I can feel like Futuretech ^_^

-Cavalier is my second favorite MBT right after the Qilin. Fast strong enough, and makes me smile everytime I hear "Smashing!"

-Mirage thank goodness he is not French in this okder better game. Its not bad, though its only good on vehicles. Foehn's stolen tech version is much better.

-Thor Gunship Valhalla will stand, must I say more? One of my favorite allied units, this bad boy kills everyone and everything. Its super satisfying to electrify that little Psionic brat with it.

-Siegfried...I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. He's good in a pinch, but he shoots too slowly and he's liable to kill his comrades if you're not careful. I honestly barely use him, and would rather spend my credits elsewhere. Just use him to solo base defenses, or leave him behind at your base to defend with the lads.

P.S why do the Japanese even have a Battle Tortoise? The EA should get the Battle *FORTRESS* back. So we can trample our enemies! (You can tell i don't like the Pacific Front)

Epsilon I've just gotten into with a little practice. So far I have tried Epsilon HQ. I don't play Epsilon, but if I had to pick HQ is what I'd go with.

-Opus tank wants to be a Qilin, and does a decent job at it. Its a speedy Qilin but its armor is lighter. Nod tok shabby their Yuri, not too shabby.

-Rahn...you see him, run away or take him down with mass numbers. Imagine Raccoon City, but the Zombies are Angry Russian Hulks with a penchant for relieving your men of their lunch money...violently.

-Yuri Adept just a Yuri clone with a nee portrait to me. Just a great as the old classic from YR. I like to steal him from the barracks or use him in Unholy Alliance if i get the chance.

-Drill Miner cool for surprise attacks or getting somewhere your men can't reach. If only it was faster.

-Irkalla with shape the land of the dead...really slowly. Great defending and scarying the pants off people, but not much else. Still great though!
P.S be one with Yuri, that is all.

Sorry but I don't really play Foehn much. They have my favorite soundtrack (even bought it for 10 dollars and always listen to it ^_^), but...as powerful as they are, they still feel strange to me. I don't enjoy an expensive army very much, and its strange not having cheap units that die kinda fast. I don't hate Foehn unless i am fighting them (gosh darn devourer swarms can go to somewhere else). Its satisfying to destroy their units -even kidnap them with the Drakov-, but...I'll try them again some more.

To me they are a Twisted version of GDI, but not in the bad way. More like the scary way.

My favourite factions are-
1.European Alliance-Damn good from a defensive perspective,this faction can pack a punch or two as well.Prism Tanks for siege,Mirage Tanks for stealth assaults,Snipers to bump off infantry,Thor Gunships for all-out assault-need I say more?

Battle Tortoises should remain with Pacific Front,however,and Charons to me are so-so.

Siegfried-ummm....he honestly is rather underwhelming.I rarely train him.

2.China-The literal personification of brute force.Qilin Tanks,Sentinels,Nuwa Cannons,Dragonflies,Gyrocopters-this faction knows how to make life hellish.

And yes,Yunru-she makes vehicles easy targets for the others and literally sends shockwaves.Along with the Centurion,......well,GG enemies!

3.Haihead-China on steroids-that's Haihead for you!Syncronins,Syncronauts,Irritators,Cyclops,Megalodons,Diverbees,Shadrays-there's an arsenal of rapid-fire destruction,all primed up.

This won't be complete without Alize and Fin.Heh,I always end up building them.And the M.A.D.M.A.N.-which is Ragnarok on wheels.

4.Last Bastion-European Alliance on steroids-that fits the Last Bastion perfectly!Giantsbanes,Godsbanes,Bisons,Sweepers,Mastodons,Gharials-this is defence personified!

Of course,you can't ignore Uragan.The 2nd flying hero after Norio,he can simply wreak havoc.And...the Boidmachine-Last Bastion's brutal ultra-long range particle collider cannon.That is a clear "You're screwed!" to anyone fighting against LB.

Now you are wondering why there's no mention of Epsilon.No offense,but other than the campaigns,I rarely play as Epsilon.A cheap,unconventional army relying heavily on disruption and sabotage is simply not my cup of tea or coffee for that matter.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#17 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:07 AM

Boidmachine is eeeeeeeh. I get that they're great damage dealer and fires shots for 0$, but they're obnoxious af. Who the hell announces their firing target if they take like 5 seconds+ to charge and fire?. It's loud too, so you just need to move your units a little bit.

I like my Epsilon HQ. Their Shadow Tanks are such a meme in enemy ore field.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#18 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:05 AM

Boidmachine is eeeeeeeh. I get that they're great damage dealer and fires shots for 0$, but they're obnoxious af. Who the hell announces their firing target if they take like 5 seconds+ to charge and fire?. It's loud too, so you just need to move your units a little bit.

I like my Epsilon HQ. Their Shadow Tanks are such a meme in enemy ore field.

That is something I hope the Mentalmeisters will fix in patch 3.3.4.

Though I really don't play Epsilon a lot,the few times I do,I always do it as Headquarters.Nothing beats the Colossus.

#19 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

Uh why tho? As hard to fire as it is, Boidmachine firing is still free per shot, and devastating to an army for the unaware. I don't think it needs any fixes.

Besides, Boidmachine is not their best units anyways. They have lotsa other stuff to do so

Edited by Handepsilon, 23 July 2018 - 08:26 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#20 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

Uh why tho? As hard to fire as it is, Boidmachine firing is still free per shot, and devastating to an army for the unaware. I don't think it needs any fixes.

Besides, Boidmachine is not their best units anyways. They have lotsa other stuff to do so
Well,the Boidmachine is pretty much the only artillery unit Last Bastion has(Though it is a superunit).Wings of Coronia at least have their Tarchia Cannons.But poor Haihead has nothing in the way of long-range artillery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users