• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

Assuming that it happens.

I'd like to see new terrain and civilian structures to represent a destroyed world better than the more normal stuff we have from RA2/YR.     I'd also like to see more hybrid/weird stuff coming out of Epsilon having access to all 3 tech trees and years of development (if that's not covered by Reptoir).

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

Interior missions made with clever usage of current tilesets.

And epic space battle, now that the moon tileset supports that.

Something that involves Australia and potential survivors there considering nothing happened there.

#3 Initiate

Initiate
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

If Epsilon has access to all three tech trees I'd love to see more bullshit boss units come out of them, perhaps a mission revolving around preparing for one of them. 

Start with one Moon Commando-tier unit, then work its way up to three at once, and if you survive that you have to go destroy their base sort of deal. 

#4 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:18 AM

A tower defense mission. All about Epsilon/Reptoir attacking Last Bastion, and the player having access to some basic infantry and fast units, but also a slew of mission unique towers players can place near the routes enemies take to reach the Last Bastion. (NOT just regular Foehn defenses, but different takes on them and also different takes on the Allied and Soviet defenses too, maybe even Epsilon defenses.)

Edited by Solais, 17 March 2018 - 12:19 AM.

#5 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:30 AM

I'd like to see Foehn get shit on by Epsilon. The Revolt makes their heroic reappearance, but something goes horribly wrong, and they're pushed back to Alaska. Cue obligatory Last Bastion defense mission. Foehn miraculously survives and they're ready to push back.

One thing I like about MO's story is the grim atmosphere. It feels like everything has gone wrong: the Paradox invasion of Antarctica, the breaking of the Sino-Russia pact (twice), the arrival of Libra. Even if you think you're the heroes *cough*allies*cough*, you just haven't met your downfall yet. I'm hoping that the fight against Epsilon isn't easy, the story will present a lot of setbacks.

I'm also hoping Chrono Adepts and Reapers make a reappearance in the campaign. Epsilon is reverse-engineering Allied and Soviet tech to use as their own. This could show that the Epsilon empire grows more and more powerful as every day passes, so it's imperative to destroy them before they become nigh unstoppable. 

I'm also looking forward to the Haihead missions. I suspect they're the faction with micro-intensive stealth missions, and it will be great to play with "the Rescue" in the background.

Edited by Tathmesh, 17 March 2018 - 01:32 AM.

#6 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

Further character development for Yunru.

Showing anything of Libra's personality that isn't just undiluted psychosis.

Getting a clear image of Yuri's endgame and his motivations.

Some more love for Tanya and Siegfried, I think they deserve to be more spotlight, esp Siegfried.

A glimpse into the political struggles and dirty affairs of the Allies, even as the war drags on.

More moon battles.

An Epsilon subfaction that uses psychic powers and exotic tech not for gimmics but to outright obliterate their enemies (ie: a glass cannon style faction that excessively uses psychic stuff). I know, won't happen.

Soviets capturing a Psychic Dominator, using it on their own troops to make them immune to further mind control, then going apesh*t on Epsilon. I mean this as a small-scale operation, not something that should happen widespredly or frequently.

Libra without CAS, using pure psychosis psychic powers without any sort of mechanical gadgets in a fight.

MOre memes.

And this:

If Epsilon has access to all three tech trees I'd love to see more bullshit boss units come out of them, perhaps a mission revolving around preparing for one of them. 

Start with one Moon Commando-tier unit, then work its way up to three at once, and if you survive that you have to go destroy their base sort of deal. 

Edited by Divine, 17 March 2018 - 03:28 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#7 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

Interior missions made with clever usage of current tilesets.

And epic space battle, now that the moon tileset supports that.

Something that involves Australia and potential survivors there considering nothing happened there.

Yeah... that continent is not event touched at all in any missions. Was it still an Allied nation? Did Yuri seize it like some other nations? Did the Soviets tried to invade and FAILED? :^)))

3qPyjQ8.png

#8 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

Small hint of Reptoir existence

8gxY9XM.jpg

#9 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

A battle in Israel, just because. :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#10 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:30 PM

A second moon mission, this time on the dank side, with an easter egg.

Spoiler

Edited by Divine, 17 March 2018 - 03:31 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#11 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

This. Also return of Chrono Adepts, Reapers and other stolen infantry from 3.0 at least as campaign units.

That aside I also want act 3 to be really atmospheric. Like it delivering a post-apcalyptic dystopian atmosphere very good. Would also love to see some Epsilon missions where we fight Foehn.

#12 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

A Foehn mission using only robotic units I guess. Would make sense since Foehn personnel aren't as numerous as their enemies. I bet it would be more believable if the objective is too risky or too distant for nearby Foehn troops (like a hard-to-reach Psychic Beacon). Maybe even deactivated robot units scattered or hidden around would be nice. 

hT8PHUN.gif

#13 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

A Foehn mission using only robotic units I guess. Would make sense since Foehn personnel aren't as numerous as their enemies. I bet it would be more believable if the objective is too risky or too distant for nearby Foehn troops (like a hard-to-reach Psychic Beacon). Maybe even deactivated robot units scattered or hidden around would be nice. 

This could make for an interesting Haihead mission. 

Your objective is to destroy an entire Epsilon base blocking a MADMAN convoy. It has way too many psychic defenses, so attacking with Foehn troops would be suicidal. You have only a team of 1 Megalodon, 1 Minermite and 1 Teratorn. The only human units you have are 2 syncronauts. You have to disable the primary power center of the base so that the main Foehn force can move in.

Support powers available are Blackout Missile, Recon Sortie and Megaarena. 

#14 Ravenholme

Ravenholme
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

As an aside, I'm fairly far into Act 2, having finished what there is of the Allies campaign (albeit with a CTD robbing me of the debriefing of Insomnia) and part of the way through the Soviet Act 2 missions... what is this Reptoir that I hear people talking about fairly often?

#15 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

As an aside, I'm fairly far into Act 2, having finished what there is of the Allies campaign (albeit with a CTD robbing me of the debriefing of Insomnia) and part of the way through the Soviet Act 2 missions... what is this Reptoir that I hear people talking about fairly often?

Go to the MO YouTube channel and watch the New Units Showcase #1. Notice on the left as VOLKNET is initialising, there's flashing text. It flashes pretty fast so you'll have to hit pause often to catch it.

One of them says "Loading 'Reptoir' Data".

Notice also that some of the other messages include:

'Loading Haihead Data'
'Loading 'Foehn' Data'
'Loading 'Allies' Data'

Basically the similarities with the Reptoir message with the Allies and Foehn messages suggests a fifth faction called "Reptoir" might show up, but no-one knows what it is.

Personally, I doubt that it's a new multiplayer faction. I'd be really impressed if mentalmeisters had the time and energy to make a second original faction. But my guess is that it's some kind of NPC faction, like CABAL in Tiberian Sun.

Edited by Tathmesh, 20 March 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#16 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

6MYpUrs.jpg

Obviously. :p

#17 Ravenholme

Ravenholme
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

Interesting. I wonder if the ending to the various faction perspectives on Act 2 will shed light on this, when we get them.

Roll on Act 3, I guess.

#18 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:26 PM

Note - I'm pretty sure he just joked about this. But who knows!

#19 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Reptoir is an alteration, the allies and Yuri have played too much with the chrono technology... Can be the red alert-tiberian connection, and if Yuri borrows his technology from someone else? Are they alien? Creatures of another dimension? The confirmation of half life 3? The origin of cyborg commando!! They gave him the technology cronos a Albert Einstein! Libra is the prophet of reptoir! reptoir we are all, reptoir is God!! or maybe it's just food for turtles....

https://www.petsuppl...6798166047.ashx

#20 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

Reptoir is probably just all of the velociraptors that survived the Dino campaign of Tiberian Dawn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users