Photo

The New Race in DOW SS! Beastmans!

Best Answer thudo, 10 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

Nice! Keep it interesting, gameplay-wise!

Go to the full post

72 replies to this topic

#61 Добрыня Никитич

Добрыня Никитич
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

Here I want to gather a team in order to complete the mod. I need people sweat such "criteria" as

1.The man who can do new models for Beastmens and also building for this race.

2. Man AI, scar (additional modes).

3. A person who is versed in FreeUI

4. Testers.

So lads! If you want to participate in the creation of fashion, or to test the new version of the mod, you can join me, BUT! So I have accepted it, I'll give the mods that are now there to check on the balance, and so forth, that I could understand could you do to be or not. BUT keep in mind, I check everything) So. I need people who are engaged in the models, Intelligence and other criteria, discuss under this post or PM me

#62 Добрыня Никитич

Добрыня Никитич
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:31 AM

The group will be deleted and a completely new group will be created instead.  And the mod has so far been stalled due to models, and novice problems.  Beastmen are completely frozen for now

#63 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:36 AM

I was willing to help awhile ago but... I only asked that you fix up what I asked so then I had a solid base to work with.

Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#64 Добрыня Никитич

Добрыня Никитич
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:36 AM

I can give you the latest version of Beastmen to work with now.

#65 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:10 PM

I have the utmost confidence you can fix what I recommended a few messages ago in < 30 mins. Start with that, then, come back to me... you were practically at the finishing line but then.. stopped.. :unsure:

#66 Добрыня Никитич

Добрыня Никитич
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

I'll throw off the new version right now and can you check it for errors?

#67 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:14 PM

You have my final list a few messages back, right? That explained everything.. you were doing so well before then, for whatever reason, you stopped making corrective changes to ensure the base is solid for the project.

An outside consultant such as myself cannot work on a foundation that is tenuous.. :smile2ap:

#68 Добрыня Никитич

Добрыня Никитич
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:33 AM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

New Version and Finally! 

#69 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:35 AM

Looking good.. just needs custom animal/beast/alien/daemon for all 20 of your EBPS units (gave you the sound pack to choose) + custom selection sounds for each unit (best you decide which ones and implement them as per the proper process).

Also, they need more buffing in T3+.. since they are melee-only (nurgle flier only unit that has ranged attack) they get cut down before they reach their targets.

#70 Iserador

Iserador
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 12:57 PM

So. I will start my return by helping a compatriot.

Well, the first thing that catches your eye is a sharp reduction in the size of units during construction and capture of points. Second, is it possible to turn down the sound of the title theme a little? It's quite difficult to get used to it.

Next, the balance. Beastmen perform well in local battles, such as squad to squad, but are practically incapacitated in major battles. Now I will explain with an example.
The main weaknesses of the faction are two. Predisposition to close combat is the first. Not bad is leveled by a large number unit and the total number of health points for each unit. But here's the second weakness... Morale.
Seriously, a fight with the Dark Eldar ends in defeat 100% of the time, because of one of their damn abilities, which is activated in the second minute. Do the salamanders look at them like they're just another one ?n"; % that should be killed. And any possibility of a blow to morale completely reverses any, even the most winning battle.
I really like beastmen, they are quite easy and enjoyable to play (Hello harlequins), and I would like my army not to kill themselves at the sight of any flamethrower...
Should increase morale a little? Or add an aura to secondary commanders that speeds up his regen? Or reduce the cooldown of abilities to restore it and make them more accessible? What do you think?

День добрый.

Первое, что бросается в глаза, - это резкое уменьшение размеров юнитов при постройке зданий и захвате точек. Во-вторых, можно ли немного приглушить звучание заглавной темы? К этому довольно трудно привыкнуть.

Далее-баланс. Зверолюди хорошо проявляют себя в локальных сражениях, таких как отряд на отряд, но практически недееспособны в крупных сражениях. Объясню на примере.
Основные слабости фракции. Предрасположенность к рукопашному бою-первая. Неплохо нивелируется большим количеством юнитов и общим количеством здоровья для каждой единицы. Но вот вторая слабость... Боевой дух.
Серьезно, бой с темными эльдарами заканчивается поражением в 100% случаев, из-за одной из их проклятых способностей, которая активируется на второй минуте. Саламандры смотрят на них так, как будто они просто еще один кусок №#$n"% который должен быть убит. И любая возможность удара по моральному духу полностью переворачивает любую, даже самую выигрышную битву.
Мне очень нравятся зверолюди, за них довольно легко и приятно играть (Привет арлекинам), и я бы хотел, чтобы моя армия не убивала сама себя при виде любого огнемета...
Стоит ли немного повысить боевой дух? Или добавить ауру второстепенным командирам, которая ускорит его регенерацию? Или уменьшить время перезарядки способностей, чтобы восстановить их и сделать более доступными? Как думаете?

#71 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:32 AM

Without other models is difficult, but I would really add shamans to give the necessary support whatever they need to overcome the limitations. Something can be made with time.

99070216001_BrayShamanLead.jpg

Also some ranged support using any kind of throwing weapon would be welcome. 

Edited by Roderick, 29 December 2020 - 12:33 AM.

#72 AlexGrom

AlexGrom
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:33 AM

Greetings to all. After testing and after the release, I was pleasantly surprised by many of the mod's features, but there are a number of bugs and cons. Let's get this straight.
  The first is the pros: balanced race, unusual setting, slightly related to Warhammer 40,000 ( I'll come back
to this later), interesting abilities of units.
   Cons: few textures and models, problems with morale, the lack of at least one shooting unit, well, problems with connectivity with warhammer 40,000 (the race of beastmen in 40,000 is completely different than in FB) (I don't want to talk about unit animations anymore).
     As a result, we can say that the mod is not bad, but walks on the edge, between something unusual ( so to speak, an underrated masterpiece ) and something second-rate (nonsense ), but we'll wait and see. Perhaps the mod will get better, but for now I can only wish good luck to the beastmen and their creator.

#73 AlexGrom

AlexGrom
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:35 AM

I advise the creator fashion find people who understand models and textures, as well as make beastmen closer to warhammer 40,000

Edited by AlexGrom, 03 January 2021 - 10:30 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users