• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#21 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

~:+: FeNRiS :+:~
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:check out Code Red ^_~

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:16 AM

ok after taking every1's suggestions here's a list of changes going to be made to patch c

infantry in the blackhawk can fire outside
removed bm-21 and type 90 from russia and china. bm-21 for alf made alot stronger
removed hind
new jets f/a-22 f-35 and eurofighter. f-15, f-117 and tornado is gone
soldiers uncrushable now, tank machinegun a little more stronger
stealth units can only be atk by pac-3, s300 and rapier
toxin tractor releases toxic gas when deployed
alf has the Romeo class submarine
guard tower can detect spies
no more infantry -> exploding toxic balloon deaths
some shp and menu error fixed

n other minor changes not listed :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#22 Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*

Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:01 AM

ok after taking every1's suggestions here's a list of changes going to be made to patch c

infantry in the blackhawk can fire outside
removed bm-21 and type 90 from russia and china. bm-21 for alf made alot stronger
removed hind
new jets f/a-22 f-35 and eurofighter. f-15, f-117 and tornado is gone
soldiers uncrushable now, tank machinegun a little more stronger
stealth units can only be atk by pac-3, s300 and rapier
toxin tractor releases toxic gas when deployed
alf has the Romeo class submarine
guard tower can detect spies
no more infantry -> exploding toxic balloon deaths
some shp and menu error fixed

n other minor changes not listed  :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow thanks you very much !!!

Little suggestios
1)Fix ai
a)Ai now is very stronger but when i play against american ai has in the airfields a f15 a b-2 a f117 and a a10 and not uses any of them(because dont have a taskforce with two of them in ai stript) is very easy to play against america and americans play without aiplanes :rolleyes:
b)Ai not use deploy units in task force who have
2)ICBM IS VERY STRONG and more unbalance maybe if patriot-ripper and s3000 fire them with out deployent??(only the not airplanes)or icbm don't target units only builds

A read to a military magazine: Mlrs can to arment with two tomahawks!!!
(a good icbm weapon)

3)My personal opinion:
Ai must cheat a bit for more chalenge

#23 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:03 AM

You might change the flightlevel for the stealth aircraft. Stealth or low-observability doesn't mean invisible, but simply that they're only detected from a short distance (if at all..).

By increasing the flightlevel you can reflect that ingame. The sam's you mentioned will still be able to engage the stealth units, but not from the same distance as the other aircraft.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#24 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:52 PM

See here if you dont know what Andre means

http://forums.revora...showtopic=16464

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Projects:Well I'm working on life.....

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:29 AM

well first i would like to say thanks for what you updated but I can't say that I think the ai is good at all to be perficly honest although its improving slowly I mean can you seriously think 9 tanks 2 long range missle thoughers (the things that fire the v3 looking rockits) and 2 artillary units is enough to destroy a human base are mabe I should say an elete human base seince its on brutal and that mode should be for eletes I think the gap between veteren and brutal is very small I beleive brutal should be brutal well since online is practicly always dead Im going to be honest owning an ai over and over again the exact same way (nabe with different units finishing there units now and then is only so much fun thus I think this mod has an extream amount of potential that is indeed not being used I at least ask for you to raise the tank bridges to 16 for thats the ussally minium I would sugest sending in unless im punishing them and im saying that it tanks only 2 or 3 bunkers and a couple of anti tank guns to take out a brutals strongest attack force I dont expect you to do this now but please take it in consideration for the next version I strongly urge you to do this thank you for your time and no im not putting down your I think its one of the best there is I just want to try and help it.

Edited by Our Last Hope, 29 August 2005 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#26 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:16 AM

mm alrite altitudes for stealth planes are changed but it wont affect AA much since like all AA in CR can fire so far....maybe FlightLevel=15000 would work but tats 2 much lol :grin:

anyway, about AI, its actually worst than 0.95!!! i havent figured out why yet but..

patch c is scrapped!!!! :) decided 2 do a 0.965 instead. new features may (MAY) include:

new terrain?
new AI?
3 different sides divided between 5 countries, 1. US, UK 2. Russia,China and 3. ALF

P.S mig i need 2 speak wif u thru msn :)
Posted Image

#27 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

Need me to take a look at the AI?

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#28 Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*

Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:57 AM

Andre make Ai and the next update will be ready in 3 years lol :)

Ai is ok now need only some iprovments nothink else Fernis your job is very good
thank you very much. :grin:

#29 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

um are you saying you fixed the ai are or you some random commenter saying the ai is ok

if its you fixed yay

if you think its good im afraid your sadly mistaken

and btw fen I knew the ai was worse but I didnt want to seriously afend you because I thought mabe as a slim chance you may have possibly programmed it :grin:

but the 965 version sounds really good im glad your the kind of person who doesnt stop although everyone here seems to have that attitude :)

well good luck and if you do ever fell tired or exhausted plz take a break :)
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#30 KorJax

KorJax
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

When will this ever get out of the beta stage :) ?

Im just thinking 5 versions later with massive updates its gonna be like "v. 0.9995z" :grin:

#31 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:58 PM

sure Andre, i'ld like u to help in the AI of 0.965 anyway ;) but the aimd.ini is really messy though :) :grin: :)

alrite here's some of the complted buildings 4 the Russia/China side. some ALF buildings are done too :lol:

Posted Image

pls give some ideas on the 3 different sides of CR, how they should be diff and stuff like tat....

here's some of my idea

US/UK-uh stronger buildings but must be built close to each other?
Russia/China-standard base expanding
ALF-can place buildings far away, no need power, weak armor 4 buildings tho

-->Our Last Hope

thx 4 ur support :lol: well i'm spending 0 (lol) to 1,2 hrs per day on CR so its pretty alrite for me. 0.965 is gonna take a long time i guess :)
Posted Image

#32 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

i don't think there should be any difference in base-building. all buildings are made out of brick or fabric, so they are all equal strength, whether it's UK/US or ALF. but that's just me... thx for all your hard work btw.

#33 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:14 PM

sure Andre, i'ld like u to help in the AI of 0.965 anyway  ;) but the aimd.ini is really messy though  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All right.. i need a copy of the updated rulesmd.ini and the Aimd.ini (i can extract the latter, but perhaps you've made changes to it since the b-beta)

Edited by Andre27, 29 August 2005 - 05:02 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:35 PM

i like unique idea but i don't no power plants is possible for ai, i would say reduced power consumption for ALF.

Also the modern countries would have better materials or at least superior communications.
Posted Image

#35 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

I think it would be cool to have changes in base building just to mix it up a bit.

AI would have some trouble with it though.

Does AI even build the oil derrick?

#36 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:43 PM

I think it would be cool to have changes in base building just to mix it up a bit.

AI would have some trouble with it though.

Does AI even build the oil derrick?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well it could if AIBuildThis=yes and u have owners/base planning sides
Posted Image

#37 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:44 AM

mabe matching the units camoflague and also making the the arabs buildings look like there made weaker and with weaker materials

and as for the 3 sides idear i supose that might work out but I think that limits on the whole varity thing if you really are going to do this may I supose adding a forth side pehaps since its the year 2010 we could probilly work something like that but personally I think even though its 5 years in the future china and russia hate each othe let alone the arabsr it would make no since at all for them to become allies even in 50 years I understand why your doing this but just keep in mind this is supost to be a mod based on realism but its your desition and I will suport on what you decide.

Edited by Our Last Hope, 30 August 2005 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#38 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:15 AM

Dude... slow down and punctuate man. Sentence structure is a good thing.

It's fine as long as it's not in a big paragraph, but that one actually caused me physical pain.

...But yeah, AI needs work. They especially seem to slack late in the game, when a player has had time to build up defenses and an economy.

Edited by 8doczzz1, 30 August 2005 - 01:18 AM.

#39 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:19 AM

sry thats always been my weakness lol
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#40 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:32 AM

i tot russia and china's relationship is pretty alrite...
they just had a joint training 2gether a few weeks ago i think :blush:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users