Remix Escalation Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
5260 replies to this topic

#4961 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Do you reckon aggressive demo and tank could take on insane airforce?

#4962 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Do you reckon aggressive demo and tank could take on insane airforce?

I doubt they can. I haven't tried it though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4963 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I really like the idea.

I think it might be quite difficult. I'm nod a C&C modder but I am a programmer and I can imagine a few difficulties.
It was just an idea that popped up in my mind, imagine a growing and growing shiny blob that consumes your enemies units and base. Would be the worst nightmare for every enemy who isn't prepared.

#4964 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

How would you destroy it? Vince, you do like the idea of consuming don't you?
What in your opinion, is the best general?
Could agress tank demo and AF take insane AF.
I've got an idea. A tank that shoots plasma and can choose between steady stream or blobs.
I do also think teleporting should go to more generals than just laser. Perhaps all USA but AF. (teleporting tanks and sw's which teleport units like laser grav thing, ect)
Maybe the sw general should get a defense which heals stuff around it?
Where can I find a complete list of all the base defense swg has as I'm guessing they are amazing.
Maybe a building which acts like a tunnel network could go to all USA as sort of a teleport device but can't hold units inside and can't defend itself. I think some buildings should defend themselves like the skynet does.
I do think the laser general is becoming overpowered.
Btw, skynet looks amazing! How do you kill if it can launch a shield? Is it a Sw? What's the talk about it becoming self aware? Is it where it defends itself? Please tell me everything about the skynet! Please also let me know what you think of my ideas?
P.s I now have to wait until tuesday!

Edited by Tomeistery, 16 July 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#4965 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Just like any other unit. It would be nice if it can only be destroyed by acids/ecm/emp (however ecm doesn't do any damage I thought?) But I don't know if that would be possible in C&C nor if every general has a weapon like that.

I can't tell which general is my favorite, if I really want to win I choose the super weapon general. Good def in early game and super weapons in the late game +SDI with ballistic over-watch in key sectors. But I also like Airforce, Laser, Robot, Nuke and tank. Infantry is also nice but doesn't really suit my style, still I play it from time to time. Helixes filled with the rocket soldiers (ATGM?), snipers,... is pure fun. I also like flame general but in my opinion he is a tad weak however I've already been beaten by one while I was tank general I think.

I'm not really a GLA player so their generals aren't to interesting for me (however I do admit they are nice, I just don't really like them). Exception: Kirov airships :D

I like your plasma tank idea. The blob could be slower, shorter range but stronger, it could be a anti tank unit maybe.

The teleporting idea is not that good. It would be a bit to much if you know what I mean. Idem ditto for the tunnel network like building. It's a GLA thingy. Even if it ain't really the same it would still be wrong.

The skynets shield can take a lot of damage but it ain't indestructible.
The skynet has the possibility to launch super powers constantly and it can speed up this attacks but there is a cool down for this speed up.

I never had my skynet become self aware. I don't want to know it, I'll find it out sooner or later. Until than I always leave a small army near it to destroy it should it become hostile but not to much should it explode.

@everybody, please use spoiler tags if you're going to say what it does :)

#4966 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

Thanks. Yeah,I thought the same about my ideas. What does ECM stand for and what does it do? How on earth are you supposed to destroy leonidas fortress? It's unstoppable? Could it go through sw gen defenses(with sdi turret)? Is it immune to emp? What do you think about my previous post Pend? I understand you might be too busy modding to reply, or your personal life got in the way.

Edited by Tomeistery, 17 July 2011 - 04:11 PM.

#4967 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

ECM is Electronic Counter Measures. They are used to deviate missiles / disable mechanical units (temporarily).

Hmm I'm going to test the SDI vs. Leonidas, I have no clue who would win but I think the SDI. The leonidas isn't unstoppable, my first leonidas did attack an enemy with a few other large bots and they all got slaughtered when I didn't look for a small time (another player attacked my base).

#4968 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Isn't ECM the same as emp then. Let me know when you have tested. ;) have you heard from Pend recently?

Edited by Tomeistery, 17 July 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#4969 Vince

Vince
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Not completely, the ECM tank can indeed stun enemy units but in game it's a single ray that "freezes" the target while EMP renders a specified region powerless. And no I haven't heard anything from pend that isn't on this board but he just took a day of ;-)

#4970 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Thanks.
Is he immune to emp?
Is the sdi a one shot kill?
What does HE stand for?
I know it would never work, but I like the idea of the sw base defenses teleporting- you could teleport your front lines forward! What do you think?

Edited by Tomeistery, 18 July 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#4971 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

Thanks.
Is he immune to emp?

I can't remember if it's fully immune, or just really resistant. I do know that ECM tanks don't stand a chance vs it... but if you had enough you might could shut it down. He's immune to EMP too. It's not indestructible, but it is super crazy tough. There's a great video for Robot general on ModDB where you can see a Leo attack a nuke general base.

Is the sdi a one shot kill?

no, it's just a very powerful beam... like a particle cannon shooting you.

What does HE stand for?

High Explosive.

I know it would never work, but I like the idea of the sw base defenses teleporting- you could teleport your front lines forward! What do you think?

For SupW gen it would be over powered. If building the toughest base and defenses available isn't enough, teleporting your defenses into the enemy base would be murder.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4972 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Thanks. Please may you answer my post from the fifteenth(incase vince missed anything).

#4973 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

What in your opinion, is the best general?

I'm a fan of them all... If I didn't like one of my generals I would scrap him and rebuild him until I liked him... it's kind of what I did to the whole game. There is no "best". There is only the question of how you like to play.

Could agress tank demo and AF take insane AF.

I doubt it. Insane AF is a little toooo insane.

I've got an idea. A tank that shoots plasma and can choose between steady stream or blobs.

I had a similar idea once, but I scrapped it for a number of reasons... mostly because I want the different tech trees to be as different as possible.

I do also think teleporting should go to more generals than just laser. Perhaps all USA but AF. (teleporting tanks and sw's which teleport units like laser grav thing, ect)

It wouldn't be special at all if everyone had it.

Maybe the sw general should get a defense which heals stuff around it?

That's a pretty good idea actually. Right now SupW has an ability that heals all the defenses.

Where can I find a complete list of all the base defense swg has as I'm guessing they are amazing.

If you watch the SupW video on MoDB you can see all of the defenses.

Maybe a building which acts like a tunnel network could go to all USA as sort of a teleport device but can't hold units inside and can't defend itself.

I played around with something like this for Laser general when I was adding the gravity tech tree. tunnel defenses are one of the least used features in the whole game. not 100% neglected, but seldom used. adding unused features just didn't feel right to me. I chose to focus on things more people would use.

I think some buildings should defend themselves like the skynet does.

many do. Not as aggressively as Sky Net, but almost every faction has some kind of building defense upgrade.

I do think the laser general is becoming overpowered.

not at all... his list of units and powers is huge, but you have to pick and choose from between them. You will never have everything, and surviving until you have any can be a challenge. Research general is one of the weakest until the mid-game, then he's only average. It's not until the late game he becomes powerful.

Btw, skynet looks amazing! How do you kill if it can launch a shield? Is it a Sw? What's the talk about it becoming self aware? Is it where it defends itself? Please tell me everything about the skynet!

well, in short Sky net has a timer... every 90 seconds it will cause a random US general's power to attack an enemy location.

If enemies approach sky net it will launch drones to defend itself.

If it is damaged below 66% it will use emergency repair on itself.

If it is damaged below 33% it will activate a personal shield.

If it is destroyed it will rebuild itself from the rubble (like a GLA hole)

Once every 4 minute you can "request" a specific location be attacked by a random US offensive power.

Once every 4 minutes you can "request" a specific location receive reinforcements.

Once every 6 minutes you can "overclock" SkyNet so that it attacks much more frequently for a a couple minutes. (overclock costs resources)

It CAN be destroyed... it just takes a whole lot of effort. Part of this is because it's a "limit 1" superweapon and Micro general lacks other T3 units. Other generals can just build back up superweapons to make sure at least one fires. Micro doesn't have that luxury... he can't even choose where his fires.. it does it on it's own.

*spoiler*
Spoiler

Please also let me know what you think of my ideas?

You have lots of ideas and energy, I like that, but you need to try the mod first. once you have a first hand feel of the balance you'll be in a better position to share ideas. don't get me wrong, I love feedback and new ideas... but right now it would be like me giving you fashion advice without having seen a photo of you... awkward to say the least. Once you have played with every general a few times and have a good feel of the mod totally feel free to jump in and share your thoughts... ... or even share them now, just know they lack context.

P.s I now have to wait until tuesday!

good luck!

Edited by Pendaelose, 20 July 2011 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4974 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Thanks Pend. There are no screenshots of stealth general on mod db just so you know.

#4975 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Pend. There are no screenshots of stealth general on mod db just so you know.

hmm... I'm not sure where some would be floating around. He's not an exciting general to look at, his units are stealthed and hard to get screens of. He also doesn't have a whole lot of units, he relies more on powers than units.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4976 Tomeistery

Tomeistery
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Is the sw's shield generator a vehicle or a building?

#4977 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Is the sw's shield generator a vehicle or a building?

A building
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4978 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

This is a total spam post, but I noticed this topic has finally broken above 100,000 views, and we're only a couple dozen posts from 5000 replies.

With the new version out I'm sure we can find at least a couple suggestions to discuss until we break the mark.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4979 Dark Legend

Dark Legend
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

is 0.9 released or no .

#4980 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

is 0.9 released or no .

it IS released... but the link on ModDB is still waiting for "Authorization". Until the ModDB admins review the file and approve it no one can see it except for Remix team members... but it IS uploaded and public. As soon as they OK the file it will be available.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users