#1 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

I think this is very true. for example, why does the Airforce general have a particle cannon? he seems more like a missile dude, considering his many missile related defenses. He should actually have the tomahawk storm instead. The Laser Gen's particle cannon also doesn't have a beam like a particle cannon's, looks more like a laser. call it a Laser Cannon Uplink. or, maybe even the Vanguard Cannon in his honor. chem gen, maybe he could get a baikonuir rocket silo (an icbm silo that launches baikonuir rockets). Demo Gen should get black market nuke to launch, maybe also thru a icbm silo. And on a sidenote, the Airforce gen could get a "Skydiving Lessons" power or upgrade, that makes paradrops inevitable from him. planes fly too high to be hit. Stealth gen, he should probably have something new too, 'cause he isn't much of a chem dude. maybe a no chemcal scud storm (no strengthening to demo gen's scud strength)?. Anyone agree on these new things or renamings?

Edited by 00 Nobody, 13 June 2006 - 02:51 AM.

00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#2 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:43 AM

Yes Air Force should get some sot of missile superweapon, but the Tomahawk Storm isn't quite precise enough.

Townes is good with a Particle Beam.

Yes Demo Gen should get a second missile superweapon, just make it require a black market.

Good plan on having Granger's paradroppers dive from really high, if it can be coded make it so only aircraft cn shoot down his planes.

Stealth Gen should have his SCUD Launcher upgraded to a mobile superweapon and have teh building removed because if he's stealthy he doesn't want a big huge building that stands out on a satellite picture.

Nine missiles are probably better at spreading the green with Chem Gen than one. I say make them spread out a bit more.
Posted Image

#3 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:52 AM

Nope, AF Gen will no longer have paradrops, I have something else in store, so there wont even be paratroops.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#4 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

Why? Air Gen needs an aerial insertion Gen power!
Posted Image

#5 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:00 AM

For Granger: How about the ability to kill any building (excepting superweapons and command centers) with 'Rods from God', a preposed US satellite weapon. a satellite drops a twenty-foot-long tungsten spike from high orbit. It annihilates the target, along with everything else in a hundred-foot radius, with pure kinetic energy. Primary target, whether it is a building or a unit, is obliterated of course, not even a GLA hole will survive. Units unlucky enough to be within the blast radius are flung far away. Buildings in the radius are badly damaged, and if they are destroyed , they fall kind of like in Empire Earth.

#6 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:04 AM

Ok, AirF gen gets a Tomahawk Tornado, fires tomahawk missiles one by one at the target, which is the size of a particle beam. it's controlled like one too. As for chem, the baikonuir rocket, when fired, flies to the target, and when about 500 ft away, splits into three rockets, like in the Cinematics. it's like three small nukes went off, but with chemicals. Demo gen, he gets the Deo Brand Deodorent! not really. I think he should get the black market nuke. and as for laser, I've looked in the world builder a couple of times, and his particle cannon has a counterpart w/ the same strength that is called a "Laser_Cannon_Uplink". not sure why it's in there, but it is. and I looked in there and found that out before I knew PR even existed, so the mod didn't add it. very confusing, it even looks the exact same... stealth should get a non toxin launching scud storm, maybe consisting of mulitple launch sites, scattered throughout the base. cheap design for a section there. the box with lines to another part is the fuel tank, and the part above it is a small hangar for a single scud missile (top view). a control building would allow you to launch multiple rockets at the same area at once, perhaps? BTW Vanguard, this mod is awesome, I've tried many mods and this is by far the best.

AirF Gen replacement -- Drop Pods
Makes drop pods launch into action from a faraway space station. the pods always hit on target and fire rockets and guns to ensure their safe landing. that's from TS, but it's actually a good idea, if that's your idea.

Edited by 00 Nobody, 28 November 2005 - 01:37 AM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#7 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:10 AM

Good plan for Air Force.

When you're dealing with any kind of chemical weapon, there are two ways to guarantee the maximum area: Split it up into several rockets and blow it in the air. The GLA aren't exactly sophisticated, so it is unlikely their improvised rockets could be timed to blow at the right time to cover a wide area, so the best way is to divide the toxins into as many rockets as possible. Besides, toxins are underpowered in this game, so the best way is to have explosives, unless Vanguard plans on making toxins kill everyone in buildings and convert them to neutral.

Your pic is confusing. Can you draw the general layout on Paint?
Posted Image

#8 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:33 AM

oops, double post.

Edited by 00 Nobody, 28 November 2005 - 01:58 AM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#9 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:35 AM

K, I did concept art for it, very bad concept art, but still concept art! (i think...)

as for the weirded out pic earlier, that was just a problem I had w/ the making a quick pic in the post area, which changed.

Attached Files

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#10 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:39 AM

Neither one is working. Both just come up blank white. Maybe if you upload it to Photobucket or something and do an image link to that. That's what I do.

Also, try to avoid double posting and edit the first one instead. Just a little forum tip.
Posted Image

#11 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:57 AM

well, I've signed up for too many things, can you do it without registering?

EDIT: I tried downloading the file myself, it worked fine. dunno why it didn't work for you though.

Edited by 00 Nobody, 28 November 2005 - 02:00 AM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#12 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

You did register. You have an edit button now. I can tell because you actually have a profile here and it doesn't say Guest_00_Nobody. Just go to the thread with the post you want to edit, find the post, and the magic button is in the lower-right corner of your post. You can do this no matter how old the post is, but if it's an ancient post you're better off making a new post.
Posted Image

#13 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:04 AM

no, I mean the photobucket thing.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#14 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:11 AM

No, but at home you can set it to remember you so you can just go there. I add Revora and Photobucket to my favorites and tell both to remember me.

Uploading is about as easy as it can get. Go to the site, and at the left is some ad, the right has a Browse button to look for whatever you want uploaded, and down below are the pics you uploaded. Each pic has the URL under it. Copy it, hit IMG at the posting screen, paste, and you have a pretty pic in your post.

Also, my advice is to link to all pictures by downloading them to Photobucket in case the other site goes down because we don't like little squares with red Xs in the corner.
Posted Image

#15 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

umm, I'm not signed up for photobucket, so those things aren't there.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#16 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:28 AM

I personally like my idea better for the Airforce general. The other one just doesn't seem distructive.

#17 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:31 AM

well, it's basically a particle cannon that fires rockets instead. Living up to his love of rockets, it fires 20 small rockets in rapid succession onto the target, which can be changed slightly. creates fires in its path, and deals about as much, if not more, then the part. cannon.

Edited by 00 Nobody, 30 November 2005 - 11:30 PM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#18 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:46 AM

I'll give you two hints:

1) They were in Tiberian Sun.
2) They were in Halo 2.

Take a guess.