• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#41 THEEVERGOD

THEEVERGOD

I am TEG, bow down before me!

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Projects:The PR Mayhem Map Series. Currently on PR Mayhem 2
  •  The Almighty PR Unoffical Mapper, TEG!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:51 AM

Similar to the ones in Halo 2, but the doors open upward, not pop off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool :p , Can't wait to see them ingame!

How about Nuke Gen gets a Hydrogen missile silo?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Na, Gamma Nuke!,
"Green is Good" :lol:
THEEVERGOD, Fear Me!

Posted Image

#42 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

No, and as far as I know, they arn't using drop pods.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#43 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:06 PM

What about a saturation drop for the Air force general? Paradrops a massive army like 40 rangers 20 MDs 20 humvees and 20 tanks?

I just got the idea from the 'New Tech Mod for ZH' mod.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#44 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:12 PM

blimey! if that was in the game a chunky timer would be in order if 100+ units are going to drop on the enemy! :grin:
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#45 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

and another thing:

this has not got much to do with super weapons but i think i read somewhere on the site about depleated uranium bullets but i can't remember who did that post.

any way nuclear bullets for gattling cannon defences would stick well with 3 nuclear tank hunters and 2 nuclear siege soldiers in a bunker. The advanced nuclear missle silo sounds good.

It occurs to me that lastnight i was thinking about another mod for zh from the pr links page (i think, its hard to concentrate with lack of sleep) :grin: , something a GLA gen with anthraxcid, it occurs to me that anthraxcid is anthrax and acid so it does a further 25% damage and acid with anthrax gamma... so it again occurs to me put bluntly anthraxcid hurts pretty badly.

That santa claus ability when put in your mind it is... uh... i dunno crazy while at the same time in an estranged way good?

by the way when a nuke is used the vehicle wrecks should go hurling under the extreme forces given by the blast of wind and heat and bordering from that infantry could just disintergrate into new dominoes chunky recipe :p

i have lots of ideas but i'm not telling... yet
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

#46 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

SupW gen:

Ion cannon -- particle cannon w/ extra large particla cannon bay for skin
force of a nuke. Nuke AOE thingy and a Particle cannon cursor. 3 second long beam.

Laser gen:

Laser Barrage Uplink -- tomahawk storm w/ particle cannon dishes for skin (dishes instead of missiles).
Fires 36 small, weak beams onto a target area as large as a scud storm area. scud AOE thingy and Particle Cannon cursor. fires in barrages of 9, with .5 second delays. it'd be like (. = .5 second, ZAPS! = a barrage of 9 beams.) ZAPS!. ZAPS!. ZAPS!. ZAPS!
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#47 Delta24US

Delta24US

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:42 PM

Ooh! Great idea!

Tech Massive airfield

Has a realistic size runway and has multiple huge hangars lined up.
Can hold 6 b2 carpet bombers or 16 misc fighters
Has a 'Air Attack' option that lets user select a target.
All aircraft engages the spot.
Yay Bombs! Yay!
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#48 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:04 AM

ummm, did you take your hapy pills today? :sleep: just jking.
that's a bit overpowered. besides, shouldn't that be in the "air units" thread instead, since it has to do w/ them? that does seem a little off topic.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#49 Delta24US

Delta24US

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:27 AM

Ehhh, oh yea!
This aint the tech structures thread is it?
Oh shit, well hmmm....
Pretend that it was the Tech structure thread?
I dont know!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
:sleep: sorry, im kinda hyper today.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:14 AM

uhhh, I can tell... :sleep:
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#51 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:55 AM

Nuke history:

The USA first developed atomic bombs based on uranium. Then Hiroshima and Nagasaki lit up. Then Russia sucessfully tested a nuke, works the same way as USA nukes. Then the USA tested a hydrogen bomb, which is actually less powerful than uranium nukes but probably lots cheaper. Then Russia detonated their own H-bomb not long after.

Nuke prototype: Glassed everything in a three mile radius.

H-bomb: Two mile radius, still made lots of shiny glass.

I don't know about the difference in radioactivity. I would guess the H-bomb has less because they aren't dealing with superheavy elements.

Cool Air Force drop pods, but he needs something dropped by plane. I kinda think they would suit Alexander better because it's more of a superweapon.

Alex should have a lot of space-based weapons. Granger could have a bit of the space force.
Posted Image

#52 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:19 AM

There's no possible way an H bomb is less powerful seeing as how the only way to create a fusion reaction (as far as we know) is to trigger by a Uranium or Plutonium fission explosion. technically, an H-bomb has none of the lethal radiation that fission bombs have because of how basic helium and hydrogen are, thus causing the area to be re settled not scared. The only reason our Hydrogen Fusion aka. Thermonuclear Weapons have radiological effects is because we have to start the initial fusion reaction with a fission explosion (same reason why we can't create cold fusion energy. We don't know how to allow the process to take place in lower temperatures)

#53 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:27 AM

Also, I have heard talk about giving the GLA Toxin a VX Somthing.

I would like to point out that only two countries can produce the chemical VX. These are the UK and the USA so, the toxin general shouldn't get to have a VX based weapon when they don't know how to make it.

#54 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:30 AM

H-bombs might give off a little radiation because they form helium and I'm pretty sure tehre are unstable isotobes of that. I don't know if an H-bomb forms that type, but it probably happens occasionally at least.

Apparantly they know how to do cold fusion in Generals :sleep:

H-bombs sound hard to build because you also need a way to start the nuclear reaction in teh uranium. You need the charge to start it with that, then you need teh hydrogen somehow connected with the uranium so it can start the reaction without keeping the explosives from hitting the uranium evenly from all sides.

FYI, here's a little tech explanation of the nuke:

Basically, it's a uranium core surrounded by standard explosives. According to Stargate Atlantis, C4 would work. Blow the C4 and it will compress the uranium. The pressure starts the nuclear chain reaction. However, if the charge is lopsided, the uranium will not compress enough because there would be more pressure from one side than another. That's why shooting/dropping a nuke won't set it off.
Posted Image

#55 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:41 AM

man, we are so off topic

But anyway

I'm not disagreeing or arguing with you so just want you to know that (for some reason people think I'm always fighting with them.)

There are to things that can trigger the fission bomb reactions. Theres gun-triggered bombs and ..... I can't think of the other one.

Yes, there are unstable isotopes of both helium and hytrogen (H-3 aka. Tridium) is one of these. They produce ration but not like the rare earth elements. The fact that the Hydrogen Fusion ICBM, bomb, whatever is so devestating is the fact that its bot nuke types combined.
The reason my avatar's mushroom cloud is so fat because it's not just one nuke explosion, its two.
Oh, and yes Fusion bombs are very complex to make and cost a lot more but require less weight than fission bombs (the trigger fission reaction is not a full scale weapon, its scaled down.)
Interesting Fact: nukes are aribusts like the MOAB. If one exploeded on the ground the radiation fallout would not be as huge an area and the force of the splittinfg or combing of the atoms would go straight into the ground. The crater would be ginormous though.

#56 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

Its not with the fireball that the nuclear device kills: it is the shockwave. Almost all nuclear weapons would detonate at least 500ft above the ground. Megaton class weapons have a detonation altitude measured in miles.
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#57 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

aaahhh but i think we can all agree when either type of bomb is used they achieve a wonderfully singular purpose of blowing away everything in their path, melting metal microwaving infantry at an incredible rate and bring a new meaning to "rollover" to buildings :sleep:

#58 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:30 PM

ok, a few things. First, CNC Generals and ZH are set in the near future, which means they could have developed cold fusion. second, when Einstien used the chronosphere to go back in time and keep WWII from happening, he created a new universe, the CNC universe, with Stalin instead of hitler as the bad guy. That made it so there was GPS in the 70's and highly advanced radio in the 50's. third, when the USA tested their hydrogen bomb (our universe), they measured the AOE, and it had a radius of 2 miles which would have everything desroyed or vaporized. then a 15 mile radius was the next area, which would have most everything destroyed, and beyond that to 33 miles from the epicenter the shockwaves and intense heat would destroy buildings like an earthquake, just like a knife at 105 degrees F cutting through butter, or a soldering iron to solder. I should know how fast solder dissappears. I'm soldering stuff onto a curcuit board in school. I even got a level 2 burn on my left thumb and my left pointer. still have blisters... ow.

EDIT: A Hydrogen Bomb could destroy all of NYC.

Edited by 00 Nobody, 03 December 2005 - 02:33 PM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#59 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

The shockwave would kill you instantly, if you survived the shockwave, you would be cooked by the blinding flash, then incinerated by the fireball, not to mention if you are standing against a wall, and it was still standing after the wave, there would be burn marks in the outline of your body, but at the speed the shockwave travels if your hit by it you would most likely die.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#60 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:04 PM

And if you survived that, you would have a nice pleasent death of radiation sickness. :sad:

Oh, and Link, the original nuke, Fat Man, glassed everything in three miles, like you said. But the H-bomb destroyed the five mile long island it was sitting on, and carved a crater into the ocean floor as well as give several close islands round, concave coastlines.

Also: Atom bombs are measured in kilotons, and H-bombs are measured in megatons.

an Idea for the Superweapon gen: Particle Storm.

Tou preset the paths of the nine particle beams, sure to leave a swath of distruction through an enemy base. has a cool-looking central tower, and the nine particle dishes are radiating out from it, kind of like a flower. (but not actually meant to look like one)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users