#1 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

a few days ago i decided to get myself a copy of TES4: Oblivion, and the only thing I can say is wow, this game is amazing.

Each year games all see to get shorter and less deep just because of the mass audience that is now gaming. But against all of this there is a positive prelude to the "next generation" (with all the new consoles etc). those who know fable will also know how it didnt justify to is expectation of being a free RPG where anything was possible. in fact, fable was a short game as well.

But now there is Oblivion, the new RPg in the elder scrolls series. Basically you can do anything you want, whenever you want, how you want. The world is about 16 sq miles big (should be around 40 sq kilometers) and simply mind blowing [inputs screeny]

Posted Image

Im not much of an RPG player but Im just addicted to oblivion right now. There is so much to do. The developer said the entire game should take more than 200! hours of gaming.

I could tell all about how perfect it plays and looks, but basically, you just have to check out yourself, since there is too much to do to name it all in one post. But what i can say is that this game is actually worth its money, unlike a lot of other games these days IMO. This is like WoW without having to go online or pay monthly fees. its addicting, fun, deep, massive, mind blowing and basically what more games should be: worth its money worth in hours.

anyone else got it?

#2 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 01 April 2006 - 11:15 AM

I have, I have!

Oblivion, so far, is cool. It doesn't have as cool dialogue as other RPGs, but it's such a huge step from Morrowind. I'm not talking to encyclopediae registered under the name 'Outlander' anymore. Too bad there aren't too many voice actors though.

The only thing of big debate, is the leveling. Seriously half of the official forum's posts are about this. Granted, it doesn't have much use to level up, as the bandits level up with you as well, and it looks funny that every random highwayman has at least one part Mithril armour... But it's still cool.

Screenie I took: http://img335.images...rialcity8wb.jpg
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

mithril? thats nothing, my bandits have a tendency to walk around with glass and daedric armor now. suffice to say that i've digressed alot from the main plot to say the least :p.

but yeah, its a bit problematic with the creatures always being your level, right now my character isnt the most effective fighter out there as i chose the pilgrim class to begin with, which has security as a primary skill :S. secondary my weapons are near useless when im out of charge for that extra lightning damage which is quite vital... but i cope most of the time as a 6xdamage sneak attack to the back of the head with a enchanted mace usually gives enemies a headache :p. (quite ironic that a guy wearing practically a full glass armor set looking like a chandelier should be able to sneak up onto some goblin shamans and kick their butts without them noticing before they got a mace in the temple, most of the time a glass mace too btw. he has style you know :lol:)

to summarize it, i believe oblivion is a great game, although you have to be careful about the choices of major skills to begin with or you'll regret it later...

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

I just created a custom class that has blade, blunt and heavy armour as primary skills, as well as destruction.

Just completed the DB quests and I allready was the leader of the Thieves Guild.. must be the biggest criminal of Tamriel by now :blink:

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:09 AM

I may just have to get this game, actually.

#6 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:56 AM

Get it. It rocks.

#7 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

I agree with Ash. It's too bad though they don't have a demo.

#8 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Doesn't run on my rig - I sailed the high seas in search of loot to test if it would.

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#9 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:45 AM

360 for t3h win :p
My Pc sux, so I only game on consoles nowadays

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

Doesn't run on my rig - I sailed the high seas in search of loot to test if it would.

Quite surprised. Your rig isn't that much worse than mine...only RAM seems to be lower...I wouldn't think the game would die on a 1.3processor...

#11 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:19 AM

I don't know if it'd die - it never starts. Same problem I had with Black and White 2 which was never fixed.

Love Me.

#12 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

Your PC should be fine Ash but you'll probably be fucked by the graphics card.

Carnivean should be fine too. Probably. Ignore AMD processor speed, quote the chip name. It's weird that stuff doesn't work, since it should.

EDIT: Paradise sucks. In Oblivion that is.

Edited by tornado2099, 06 April 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#13 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

The box says:
Minimum: 512 MB RAM, 2 Ghz, 128 MB video card.
Recommended: 1 GB RAM, 3 Ghz, super-duper video card.

It probably wouldn't work on a 1.3 :lol:
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#14 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:38 PM

Yeah but he hasn't got a 1.3. He's got an AMD clocked at 1.6 or something. Which is totally different.

#15 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

http://www.gamespot....7127/index.html
Check the performance guide

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

Just got it today and....wow.

Just....wow.

There's really nothing else I can say. I've only just got out of the sewers, and it's absolutely spellbinding. Any waking moment I'm not playing it, I'll probably be thinking about playing it. :D

And the graphics card wasn't as much of a limitation as I thought. With the way I tend to play offline games (close fuck-everything down, even background or invisible processes), I can eke up the settings quite nicely. Despite what that site said, Bloom lighting even works on mine.

Absolutely fantastic. Nobody can call themselves a gamer till they've played it. And I've only just started! I can't wait to find a village or town, or the monastery to actually get things rolling!

#17 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

Welcome to t3h club ash ^^

#18 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

Playing it but it only runs on my sisters PC. (Faster processor than mine but worse in every other aspect - so I gather my processor is at fault).

Very nice indeed from what I've played.

Love Me.

#19 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

360 for t3h win :p
My Pc sux, so I only game on consoles nowadays

You can't even find a 360 here. Everytime a store gets a shipment, they sell out before I know about it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#20 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

Well the supplies are supposed to have gotten better now that MS opened a new factory, but I still hear some places in the states have sortages yeah.. and I dont think ive seen a premium in dutch stores lately.. I was just lucky that someone cancelled his order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users