#21 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:44 AM

Proof once again that MS doesn't know shit about consoles :p They make good powerhouses, but they don't know how to market them properly, or keep up with the obvious demand that rises from being first next-gen on the market.

#22 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:27 AM

Ms just has the problem that they are a Software compagny. Sony made the same mistakes with all of their consoles, but they actually have facilities to produce hardware. MS has to build those things from the ground..

#23 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

MS is sure as hell doing better than Sony is. I doubt that I'm going to buy a PS3. One of those "too little, too late" things.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#24 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

The PS3 is ripping everything from the 360 atm, their only promotion is that its "supposed" to be faster, but the PS3 OS could cost 20% of memory according to the latest news, making the 360 faster since its OS only takes 3%

#25 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

The only reason I'd buy a PS3 would be if they DO actually make the FF7 remake that we've heard about.

I'll probably never buy a 360...

#26 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

And a revival ... Playing through the first few Thieves Guild missions I ran into an odd bug - Armand never appearing to assign me new missions. Luckily for me I decided to go looking for him assuming he may just be stuck behind a rock or something, but no. He was stood perfectly still outside a warehouse. I assume the fact I pickpocketed him long before joining the guild meant he'd been trying in vain to enter it - without a key - breaking the quest loop and making him not arrive to allow me to finish a quest for several days, luckily this allowed me to resolve the mission and progress...

I'm totally addicted to it despite it being a bastard and not running on my primary PC. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing mind. :)

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#27 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

Yeah it has quite some bugs.. but with a game that huge that is inevitalbe..

#28 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

Amuses me that you can pickpocket a thief...though I suppose the best crime is one done against the criminal who would usually commit the crime :blush:

One thing I don't agree with tho is the paid-for mods...but oh well, whatev.

Me hopes they'll make a patch to deal with a few of the issues...

#29 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

The patch is annunced. And well as for the plugins.. I just see it as a custom add on.. you just pay for specific things you like.. Plus Bethesda is experimenting with prices etc.. I think eventually everything will be fair. PLus, if people are willing to pay 18 bucks a month for WoW then I think those 2 dollars really dont matter..

#30 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

True enough, I suppose. Shame you have the 360 version, tho...you wont have so much access to user-made mods...

#31 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, that was the onlything that bothered me as well.. But since I have the lowest working video card on my PC I decided 360 version would be better.. That and lying on a cough makes the world more relaxing :blush:

#32 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

my friend just got the game for his 360 and it is friggin mind blowing. he said i could check it out, and he's lucky he had two saves cause the first thing i did was steal a horse and kill the stablesman and the guard. then i went and killed everyone in a village, then some monastery i found, until the 6 guards i had been running from and ignoring caught up with me ;)

graphically, it is the most beautiful game i have ever seen. i played the living hell out of morrowind, and once i get my comp back i'm gonna buy a gig of RAM, a new powersupply for my video card, and this game. i will then crawl to the hole that is my room and play the game until the comp melts from the intense heat, i die from lack of sleep and food, or i starve, kinda like i did with morrowind when i first got it. btw, how do you join the thieves guild? my friend is trying to figure it out but is having some trouble in doing so.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#33 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

You have to steal something and get imprisoned, I think.

I found out that I actually HAD a copy of Morrowind...I didn't even realise I had it =/ I think it came with my old GeForce graphics card. It also had the Tribunal expansion. I'll get a copy of Bloodmoon and, once I've done Oblivion, I'll get those bastards going too ;)

I'm in RPG Heaven. Both KOTORs, Vampire: Bloodlines, Morrowind AND Oblivion.

All I need now is some time.

#34 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

Or if you don't want to lose all your stolen crap... use the little minigame thing that makes people like you on a beggar (easiest to give them gold ;)) and ask about Gray Fox - they give you instructions how to join.

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#35 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:21 PM

I need to get that game. Damn game stores are all sold out. Of the PC VERSION. I live in fucking South Carolina! No one in the county should be interested in this game but me and my group of friends!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#36 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

You have to steal something and get imprisoned, I think.

I found out that I actually HAD a copy of Morrowind...I didn't even realise I had it =/ I think it came with my old GeForce graphics card. It also had the Tribunal expansion. I'll get a copy of Bloodmoon and, once I've done Oblivion, I'll get those bastards going too ;)

I'm in RPG Heaven. Both KOTORs, Vampire: Bloodlines, Morrowind AND Oblivion.

All I need now is some time.

you need play morrowind in order to fully understand the oblivion story line, especially the tribunal expansion pack main quest. not only is it a cool quest that get a ot of good stuff from, but you also learn a lot about what's going on in oblivion and people preparing for. if you pay attention, you'll see where oblivion came from and have a better understanding of the whole thing.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#37 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:23 PM

Im playing Oblivion without ever gotten far in MW.. the games are independant.. the only references are why certain things have changed.. like why there are no more clifracers or levitation spells..

#38 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

Bumpety Bump.

For those who don't know, the patch is out.

#39 Athgar

Athgar
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Czerion
  •  Crazy Monkey Pirate

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

Have anyone figured out the Construction Set? I find it confusing.. Theyve changed it from Morrowind...
Posted Image

#40 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:33 PM

AFAIK it's the same one...I thought it was, anyway.

It might just be that the Oblivion one is compatible with Morrowind stuff.

But no. I installed the CS, but havent looked at it at all ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users