Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:00 AM

I've been having ideas for modding CnC3, and they are quite original. I will however need a lot of help, something that isn't always available. Anyone who would like to know more, PM me.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#22 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:35 AM

You see the thing is, that its getting harder and harder to do more original mods with games that have been around for a while. Chances are someone has already done something along those lines...

Take Xenophobia for instance (one of my mods) That was an original idea to start with (without me initially intending it to be). Since i've never played C&C Generals i didn't know that the mod idea was along the same lines at that.
But now if you look, 2 other people are already doing a Generals Mod for RA2:YR...
Posted Image

#23 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

I've been having ideas for modding CnC3, and they are quite original. I will however need a lot of help, something that isn't always available. Anyone who would like to know more, PM me.

Wrong thread. This is for a discussion, not shameless recruiting.

You see the thing is, that its getting harder and harder to do more original mods with games that have been around for a while. Chances are someone has already done something along those lines...

I'm not so sure. You can still make something completely different to the original game without worrying about whether it's been done before. I would appreciate the fact that someone bothered to make something new for that particular engine.

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:07 PM

Wrong thread. This is for a discussion, not shameless recruiting.

Not quite. I was elaborating on how hard it is to do something original without sufficent teammembers.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#25 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

Not quite. I was elaborating on how hard it is to do something original without sufficent teammembers.

It's not hard to do something original without sufficient team members, though. And you were recruiting for your CnC 3 mod here.

#26 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:56 AM

Well.. say you can't model, only code, there are not sufficient public resources, then you do get a bit limited in what you can do without teammembers/others. Just an example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users