Great Ideas

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

i've got an idea that i came up with a while ago, and i reckon it qualifies with delta's requirements.
if you like the planes at the tech airfield and you want lots of them, with the us or china you can put those plane sin your regular airfield. but seeing as GLA don't get a regular airfield, they can only have 2 planes at any one time. what if at the tech airfield the gla could train a special type of worker who could only build extra airfields. these extras can't build anything, and just store planes so the GLA can have some viable airpower. he might be able to build tunnel networks to get some real workers over there, and maybe the other defense buildinngs too. but nothing else.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#22 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

Pretty sure he said it's in.

And FireZeMissiles, you've mentioned this idea many times, and people may start to get annoyed, so can't you give it up? if he didn't like it once he'll probably not like it again. I mentioned many ideas, you should've seen the thread I made for propaganda Trucks when I was still a guest in the Revora Forums. I think it was 3 pages, but VG didn't answer in it, so I decided he didn't like the idea enough to put it in, and I stopped talking about it. Ya gotta know when to give up sometimes, unless you wanna make your own mod.

Edited by 00 Nobody, 22 June 2006 - 09:18 PM.

00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#23 Naplam in my Hand

Naplam in my Hand
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Projects:W...T...F
  •  Feces

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:38 PM

FireZeMissles...

first of all, id like to say,

firezemissles,
that makes no since at all, just building a worker that could store planes! what a dumb idea!

he would be a reguler guy who could build those, but the storage thing itself is stupid! why not get teck airfied? because they are rare! :blink: :cool: :dry: :spam: :spam: :spam: :umad:

#24 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:57 AM

He's saying to have the tech airfield be able to train a special worker that can produce simple GLA airfields that can only hold and repair planes. The fact that the GLA has 3 planes and the Tech Airfield only has 2 slots bothers him.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#25 Naplam in my Hand

Naplam in my Hand
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  •  Feces

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:08 PM

Well that kinda makes since,

but i say suck it up, fire ze missles

what i did was i got to crop dusters and killed all my enemy infantry. problem solved

also, maybe a helicopter for the gla or a hot air ballon or zepplin.

oh, that would be cool, an aussalt zeplin! ether has infantry in it that fire out the sides, has a arthrax spreader of some sorts, or, even better, its own weapons.

And you could reneforce it with Led Zeppelin armour (just kidding)

But VG probaly doest want any air support for the GLA

Edited by Naplam in my Hand, 23 June 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#26 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

heres some of my ideas or changes that could be cool:

1) make the artillary barrage like it was (powerfull)
2) make the particle cannons match the colour of controls rods for all USA (AFG cud ave green ~)
3) some sort of missile up for AFG ~ they wud go faster and make patroits be able to hit moving inf.
4) make SWG AI build ICBM in skirmish and challenge like 3 of each ;)
5) for inf gen wen u build a bunker you get 2 choose what inf start in them its instant and free but increase cost of bunker?
6) for tank maybe summit like an air raid like 10 tanks get droped off but before the cargo plane goes too deliver them a mig airstrike would take place
7) make nuke gen nuke take 6 mins 30sec but increase damage with a secondry much weaker explosion.
8) heres my idea fresh out of mi brain for the GLA ~ when they build a tank they upgrade it with camoflauge but it wont stealth them if they are near trees or so they will blend in with the surroundings and then if the enemy coms in close ................... BAM!!!!! good bye poor ranger!
maybe that wud be beta for the stealth gen?

p.s. :huh: ^_^ at the idea of lead upgrade for zeplines!

#27 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

1 Arty barrage was never changed except for the nuke gen, which gives him nukes instead of High Explosive shells
2. Not neccesary, just because they have different colored control rods doesn't mean the Particle Cannon has to be the same color.
3. His missiles ARE faster and more accurate, but the Patriot was made for light vehicle and air attacks, not infantry
4. VG's probably been working on that, perhaps finished it
5. Probably impossible to do without creating a bunch of new types of bunkers or using up all our upgrade slots
6. Why? the tanks are more powerful than migs (last onger, deal more damage), and he already has a tank drop (6 tanks is plenty)
7. I'm pretty sure his nukes are more powerful in the first place
8. Impossible to code without drastically changing the game's source code, which could prove fatal to our computers. NOT WORTH TRYING
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#28 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

4) make SWG AI build ICBM in skirmish and challenge like 3 of each

they already do m8 ^ _ ^
just on hard army
Posted Image

#29 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

He doesn't have 8.0.1 or whatever, he only has 7.0
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#30 Naplam in my Hand

Naplam in my Hand
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  •  Feces

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

i kinda like the air raid idea, exept it shold be, some a -10s take out a an area and cover it in explosions, then, later, , have a infantry drop. :p

also, have you ever seen how all the abbilities have a cost next to them, and its always 1?

well this abbility could be 2! :grin:

i know by just geting the infantry drop and the raptors from a regular airfield would work, but ether way its a cool stratagy, and i am going to try it right now! ^_^

and, do they really have it out, 8.0.1? :) :) :) :p

if so where can i get it

Edited by Naplam in my Hand, 23 June 2006 - 11:05 PM.

#31 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

I am sorry but that's restricted airspace my friend :p

That's only for PR Beta testers for the alpha version.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#32 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

PR 8.0.1 is a very early test version that the beta testers have been working on for a while now. You can't get it, because it's not available to the public.

PR 8.0.1 doesn't have very many of the cool new features that VG has been talking about recently, so we are pretty much in the dark as to what PR beta 8.0.2 will look like at this point. Don't expect a public release version of PR 8.0 anytime real soon. It does sound like the next version is going to include some big changes.

Stay tuned to this forum for further updates.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#33 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

oho with the new sigma coming up i say it wont be done till like next october at the very least with all the upgrades and new stuff going in :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#34 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:24 AM

Just so you know, thje thing he was talking about with the raid was for china, not th USA. China doesn't have A-10s.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#35 Naplam in my Hand

Naplam in my Hand
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  •  Feces

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:36 AM

to 00 nobody...

yeah, i know, but the usa would work too

also, i think the nuclear missle should be stronger. :p

the usa practicly has 2 super weapons with the icbm, and the scud storm kicks @$$, if you use it on gla the holes are destroyed too. :lol:

but the nuke, WEAK! :umad:

it does like half damage to all structers in its radius, which sucks

with PR i usually just use the nuke so i can build devestators, which rule! :) :grin: :grin:

Last but not least:

:grin: ^_^ :p :) :) i spam the forum (just kidding) ;)

#36 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

The nuke is actually the second-most damaging superweapon in the game, only the Laser Gen's Particle Cannon deals more damage (because it's concentrated).
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#37 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

So as u guys use the testing versions eventuly the public version will be released am I correct?

If so then how many more testing versions will VG make before he makes the finshed public version?

Sry for asking but I'm just wondering is all.

Edited by Forgotten_Soul, 24 June 2006 - 04:30 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#38 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

4 internal and 5 betas, each having new stuff, I currently don't have enough new stuff to make the next one which will be 8.0.2 Alpha.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#39 Naplam in my Hand

Naplam in my Hand
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  •  Feces

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

The nuke is actually the second-most damaging superweapon in the game, only the Laser Gen's Particle Cannon deals more damage (because it's concentrated).

:rolleyes: no, its not, the scud storm destroys all bildigs in its radius, exept command centers and maybe a superweapon. it even destroys GLA holes after the origanal building is destroyed.

its the multiple impact thing, maybe one missle destroys the barraks, and another destroys the hole. :p

the nuke destroys buldings, but not strong ones. but i still like it because you can destroy an entire army of infantry or tanks with it. :p

maybe if it was like a minute man, and had multiple war heads that dealt much less damage, but still did the multiple impact thing. unfortunatly that makes it like the scud storm :(

Hm, there must be another Chinease super weapon we can think of ;)

#40 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

Laser General Particle Cannon
Nuke, Scud Storm, Tomahawk Storm - All do the same if the nuke does the max damage, it can deal anywhere between 300 to 3600 damage.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users