plus how many u got left?
Posted Image

#22 gen hooper

gen hooper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:top secret mod for ccg zero hour

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:47 PM

um for some reason the naval yard is not showing up and it isnt on the build command :(

#23 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

From the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page:

'Project Raptor's navy has been removed from version 7.0. It will return as a buildable navy though a new Tech Naval Yard in the next version.'

'When will the next version be done and released? ... There is no release date set for the next version. When it comes out will be the day it comes out.'

In other words it's being developed right now as we speak. Because of the new AI and stuff, I would now expect it to be a while. So enjoy 7.0 for now, and keep your eyes and ears glued to this forum and the Project Raptor Homepage for further updates.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#24 Boris

Boris
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:31 PM

Does the mod has/will have the Baikonur missil?(not the stupid control pad, the missil itself)

That one in the last mission of gla in generals and on the first mission of USA on ZH.

#25 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

Nope.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#26 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

you can get the naval yards back just by editing the BIG file with finelbig....

ive added the defender tanks back, gaud tower, ion connon, siemic tank, apc, and everything you removed, but why some stuff u left out owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive also changed rates of fires and changed upgrade cost and so on, i like now my laser turrets fire 8 rounds and its a green laser and the aluminium upgrade is 7500 now and takes longer to get.

i have made soooooooooooooooooo many changes but you get rid of starting units cuz they r pointless............. well i have now but u shud get that finalbig program then edit to your dezire..

#27 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Starting units are not pointless. There is a replay on the PR site (not the forums) that shows a plain old USA against a Tank general (hard I think), and the USA does nothing. The USA player survives for about 6 minutes, and everybody knows how tough the Tank general is on even medium.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#28 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

you can get the naval yards back just by editing the BIG file with finelbig....

ive added the defender tanks back, gaud tower, ion connon, siemic tank, apc, and everything you removed, but why some stuff u left out owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive also changed rates of fires and changed upgrade cost and so on, i like now my laser turrets fire 8 rounds and its a green laser and the aluminium upgrade is 7500 now and takes longer to get.

i have made soooooooooooooooooo many changes

Glad you're happy about all the changes you've made editing the ini files, but keep this in mind, unless the person on the other end has the exact same changes you've made, you won't be able to play anyone online... ever! So just keep that thought in mind.

You can write map.ini's to get around that limitation and do some of the cool stuff you want to do, but even then most map.ini's won't work online. They work just fine, however, for offline 1 human vs. AI skirmish maps, or single player mission maps.

Also, if you go mucking around in the ini's just make sure you keep an original copy of the ini that your mucking around in somewhere. That way when you do something wrong, and the game crashes, you have the original ini to switch back to. Otherwise, you'll be spending time mucking around and reinstalling PR again.

but you get rid of starting units cuz they r pointless............. well i have now but u shud get that finalbig program then edit to your dezire..

It's not pointless. From what I understand it was for defense of the command center against early rush tactics used by many of the 'seasoned' players that don't like turtle tactics and prefer early attacks with minimal units to disrupt the enemy from building up an army of units. Hittem early, hittem hard, and hit them where it counts!

But since I don't play online with generals. thanks to my home network, I crap out of every aame after 10 minutes, I tend play the AI skirmish games and build huge armies and let the multiple AIs smack into my wall of death. ;)

So anyway, I tend to use the starting units as an initial choke point guard, to guard the most likely bridge, entryway, etc., that the AI is going to come though first, early in the game to prevent early rushes to my side of the map by tech stealing infantry usually at first.

All except the Hummer. The Hummer I load up right away with the rangers and MDs and head straight for the nearest oil derrick. Wait for the barracks to be built. Then buy the building capture upgrade, and capture derricks and techs.

Once I get some defense built up and have a rapid reaction force of 4-6 Bradley's or M1A2s in the area, then I use the original game start team as guards around tech oil derricks or other structures or as a rear guard depending on the map.

Edited by Bob, 10 August 2006 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#29 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:46 PM

yea i did copy dat origional BIG file just to b safe, and i did kno bout i cudntgo online but the changes are on mi laptop wich has no internet............................yet!

also what i ment by the starting units is that the #ai does nothing with them !

#30 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:22 AM

The smart a$$ answer would be that they guard the AI command center. :p

But yeah, sadly I know what you mean in that respect. They just sit there.

But hey, I still like the idea of having 5 units and 4 inf. to start out with. I wouldn't want to see that eliminated.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#31 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

fair enough i susope, but i tried out a rush with mi staring units ands its really easy to beat any other AI staring units with mine, but thats probly cuz i give mine drones and so on and i just tardet 1 at a time.

#32 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

We, unlike you, do NOT go around modding PR and talking about it. If you wanna mod it, don't talk about it much. It's disrespectful to Vanguard, and since you don't have his permission to mess with it and all that, he may be able to sue you. If he hears you've uploaded it to the internet, you're as good as sued. Please, don't modify PR. It's disrespectful.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#33 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh, seriously, man i wud never ever take anyones credit for it, or even think about uploading it at all, all ive done it added da navel yard back in and 2 tanks if im not allowed ill delete that document and put da original back in

also i would never do anything with it coz its totally unfair and if VG asks me to delet mi changes or whatever i will almost instansly, coz i actually respect people hu do a hell of a lot work for nothing.

infact i will remove mi changes and put back da origional, soory for ne hard feelings

Edited by PR 4 @LL!!!, 24 August 2006 - 03:56 PM.

#34 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:50 PM

Or u can just put the navel yard in the map its self and caputre it
Posted Image

#35 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

I only said for you to not upload it, and try not to talk about it much. I never said to delete it.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#36 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:54 AM

oh well whats done is done, i dont mind da origional is by far da best so oh well, but now i put that back every time i have a GLA stealth on the battlefeild, it alwayz gets technicals difficalties, my fault or not?

also on another note i think that china get another hack for the internet center, duno whats it;ll be call but it wud cost bout 5000$ and take bout 7mins and it wud just reset any SW timer !!

Edited by PR 4 @LL!!!, 28 August 2006 - 11:56 AM.

#37 Timus

Timus
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:00 PM

Ok this is gonna seem a really random question/set of questions and im probably asking this in the wrong place (again) but i'll see if you can help me. how do i:
1. Open zero hour replay files whilst not in the game
2. Modify zero hour replay files so that i can make a movie with them
Well i said a set of questions i meant 2 but ahh well i'm sure there must be someone out there in the PR forums who can awnser my questions
Oh ya and the reason im asking these questions here is i've looked through sooo many command and conquer replay files FAQ and none have given me any awnsers is this because it is not possible?

Edited by Timus, 05 September 2006 - 10:03 PM.

#38 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:33 PM

I have no idea if you can or not.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#39 Bob

Bob

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:13 AM

Your best bet is to take that question over to CnCMaps.net.

They deal in mapmaking and intro movies for missions and stuff. You may be able to get a better response over there. Remember, this forum board is about the Project Raptor Mod and reporting bugs, suggesting features, and having fun in general. It's not a real technical detailed 'how do I make a map/movie?' site, like CnC Maps is dedicated in doing. So they are your best bet in the real technical stuff pertaining to maps and intro movies.

If your making or editing a mod and have general questions, consider File Front Forums. This is a helpful site for those newbies (like me) who have questions about modding.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#40 Timus

Timus
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Thanks, I shall check it out now

0 user(s) are reading this topic