Unit/Weapon suggestion

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Rynx

Rynx
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

I know its hard to get game suggestions to pass in this mod but I wanna suggest that a weapon/upgrade called the Metal Storm go into the game.This is a weapon system that would revolutionize the gun as we know it, it is also a project in the works in the real theatre of war. With this system bullets are loaded right behind each other in the chamber, which allows the gun to shoot faster and more accurate. It should be a ungrade for the america side to counter the red guard weapon upgrade, this of course would be for snipers,Col Burton,rangers,marines and possibley machine gun's on vehicles.It would as be good to use on the Milita superweapon, if indeed it would be a artillery cannon and this where my second suggestion comes in.

The Inlos Cannon (don't know if thats how its said but it does go along the lines of that and is also a new artillery system that will be used soon for our military). With this upgrade the Super Weapon generals AS-90 Artillery gun would be able to shoot faster and even on the mood, and if you like could be used on the Chinese if you like. The reason for a higher rate of fire is due to the auto loaded system that is put in the artillery piece.

On another note Metal Storm indeed does have systems that have fired a million rounds a minute even though they havent developed a real weapon system to fire that many rounds for combat purposes, just show off purposes.

Another would maybe be an air burst ability for all missile based artillery and maybe for patriot system for anti infintry purposes of course. This could also go for scuds and even the scud storm to maybe give it an upgrade to pack alittle more punch.

These suggestions of course you don't have to use put I was throwing them out there because soon our military will be using two of these systems, the other is already in use.Well thanks for reading and if you want more info on these systems just google, or wikipedia them, good place to find new and concept weapons, vehicles, and systems.

#2 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:35 PM

very nice ideas :p

i must say i like the ideas for all of what you mentioned, but wud be cool, if you send a raptor in with J-Dams upgrade they would fires a short burst of machine guns then bomb its targets, the gun wudnt be powerfull but if would give raptors another use, also they cud use this gun in air to air combat.

another thing that wud be kl if u added the #advanced AI mod for a challlenge

Edited by PR 4 @LL!!!, 14 July 2006 - 03:17 PM.

#3 AlphaVergo

AlphaVergo
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:Anti-Gravity Propultion Systems
  •  The super genius who can kick your butt with Martial Arts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:51 AM

I read about the metal storm project in popular science (I am a nerd) and I think that is a good idea however the drawback of the upgrade would be because the metal storm requires a battery to operate the magnetic projectors It would slow down the infantry using it because of the added weight. Also the NLOS cannon is a seprate atreillery peice not an upgrade :p . Finnaly I love the idea of an upgrade for the patriot for better anti-infantry capabilites but I always imagined it as an add-on machine gun turret. And the ability for planes to fire machine guns is excellent it makes planes both more realistic and more useful at the same time.

Edited by AlphaVergo, 15 July 2006 - 01:54 AM.

#4 Rynx

Rynx
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:35 AM

Well im glad you 2 think its a good idea I just hope Vanguard hopes it is too would love to see some of these in game but due to added weight on infintry, that could be the balance part for the upgrade so yea a good and bad piece. Even though the NLOS is a seperate piece it does boost the auto-loading mechanism so yea. Well hope more people like these ideas, need the feed back though.

#5 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:25 PM

whilst we are on about weapons, i rekon that if the AI is to use cluster bombs and rebuild its command center and expand its base alot more, then u shuold get 3 nuke trucks for GLA lvl 5 ability, also i would remove the drok starfe thing and mig fire attack form the sattilite hack 3 lvl 5 ability. because i dislike waiting for ages then only getting a lame mig attack. i also think that the clusterbomb, convoy ambush and Sat. hack 3 should all be as powerfull as eachother and shuold all take 10mins or more, since if you save up all your abilities you can kill an AI in1 hit, also it would be kl in the AI did this!!

also do u think the rebel training could make them 2 stips not heroric, because this makes the ambush overpowered i think...

also on another note, if you can only get boats from the naval yard which will be tech, all you would have to do is kill this building with a promotion then no1 can use boats. and this could be a problem which naval maps.....

#6 nighthawk117

nighthawk117
  • Project Team
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

Not sure if any of you have heard of this, but you should have the FB-22 as a usa unit. its a fighter bomber version of the F-22 (or raptor)

Posted Image

#7 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

is that a real fighter? I remember seeing it on Ace Combat 5 (love that fighter ;) ) however in the mod it would be an excellent tactical bomber although it should replace the stealth fighter if it does make it. But in another viewpoint, the fb-22 would be sort of a f-22 with a JDAM upgrade and a different model.

Good ideas all, keep em coming :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#8 Rynx

Rynx
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:38 AM

Haha omg last night before i went to bed I was thinking of that maybe an upgrade to the US Air Force General like take out those 2 other planes forgot the name but have no relavence to Generals at all and add in some real or concept aircraft. FB-22 could be one, others could include:
USA Side
Keep in mind this is to expand Aircraft in Project Raptor since the name of the mod is after a plane.

F-15 MTO/ACTIVE see AC4-5 and Belkan Wars for detals or search Wikipedia.
This fighter was a fighter designed for test use for new highly manuverable aircraft, but due to such great performence it was put into the field for Military use.
Could carry Stand of Dispensors for ground use.
1500-2000

F-16XL
Another expiremental aircraft designed for tests, but also did well in fields.
Anti-Air mostly would be my guess, also can go after ground but designed for air combat.
1000-1500

X-02 Wyvern
Air Force General ONLY
Very expiremental fight design with stealth high-mobility and speed in mind, developed by Erusian Technicions, this fighter boosts the best of technologies in Aviation.
Draw backs should include bery high price even bigger then Aroura Bombers due to being stealth and faster and deadlier.
Also slow reload time this fighter will indeed be a Bomber/Fighter very heavy stuff in the field here.
Could Replace Aroura if you want to.
2000-4000 yes that high its a very powerful fighter

China
Since the S-37 will make an appearance in full force in next patch, there should be an upgrade for this in the game probably in Propaganda center.
This upgrade will be called The S-47 Upgrade, this is also a concept fighter but is taken from the S-37. Cost should be around 2000, will give it a better look, look on wikipedia for better image or on any AC game pics for it. Also better armor weapons and speed.

SU-37
What Air Force is complete without this baby flown by Yellow Squadron and you AC players know who they are, these can rip fighters to shreads with ease.Price somewhere around 1000-2000

Tech Airfield Aircraft
WARNING THESE PLANES ARE PURLY CONCEPTS AND MAY INDEED BE RIDICULIS TO EVEN PUT INTO GAME.
2 New fighters
Morgan
This fighter is a state of the art fighter of the new age of Modern Combat armed with the best of weaponry.

A TLS system in back piece or Tactical Laser System that winn tear through enemies maybe a screen away from the place.

A Multi Purpose Burst Missile, This BAD ASS weapon will and i say will flaten an area of jets and light ground targets.

Last but not least ECM jamming which will make the plane harder to hit with missles kinda like the chinese ecm tanks.
The TLS and MPBM (btw forgot real name of weapon of that missile so dont flame if i am work which i bet i am) And the weapons but you can only have 1 at a time.This means you buy the fighter maybe 1000-1500, then after its done building you click the plane and select which weapon you want. TLS-2000 MPBM-3500
ECM will always be on the plane no matter what.

Now for is big Brother and the fighter i have killed everyone i know thats gone aganist me on Belkan Wars, The FALKEN
FALKEN Best of the Best, no other plane can match comes with all 3 of the weapons and the best manverablility speed and armor of any fighter,Price tag was 7mil in AC5 so price will be high for this one too, 8000-10000 and yes the plane is worth if but these planes as deadly as they seem are killable some dont wry one that.

Thank you lol hope you like the ideas still waiting if anyone else likes my previous ideas earlier stated.

#9 squido

squido
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:31 AM

I saw this powerful directional speaker on the military channel and as you would guess it was developed for use by the army as a means of distracting enemy soldiers by actually belive it or not by blasting western music at them. If it was implemented it could be used as a anti infantry defense that while hitting a infantry unit it causes him to turn the other way and run untill hes out of its range.

Edit: Another thing about metal storm, one of the posible uses for it that the airforce designed is to place metal storms under the wings of some fighter aircraft so they can strafe a group of infantry with a ton of bullets.

Edited by squido, 16 July 2006 - 05:36 AM.

#10 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:58 PM

I think it would serve better as a superweapon.... you call in a falken and it cleanses a wide area of aircraft, target buildings and selected infantry. Like a spectre, the user should be able to manually target airstrikes within the AO.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#11 Rynx

Rynx
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

Nice thinking Delta, idk how that would work but it would be intresting to see.

On on that note of speakers, its a moral and mental type of weapon the US have used against terriorts/iraqs/ect. Loud speakers have also been use by the police force before also idk if it was in the US but thhey have. The weapon could as you said turn the infintry away and it could demoralize them by making them walk slower,and also when their walking away the forget everything around them such as a tank of the enemies could roll right next to him and point its gun at him and he still wouldnt care. Basicallt this weapon is like the Hawk Strike from Battle for Dune, but not a super weapon and it wont make troops run off that map or if you want it could,or give it an effect time limit so some might run off map while others will stop and be like WTF?! lol

Good job guys with the suggestions keep em comming and dont be afraid to try some, but make the ideas alittle logical such as concepts would do and future weapons that could be possible.
Also on that note i know the Falken and Morgan aren't that logical in manner but hey they were great Aircraft in Ace Combat Belken Wars i had to suggest it lol.

#12 squido

squido
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

Heres a idea, instead of a formal super weapon for the militia how about making it so their builders have the ability to reoutfit civilian buildings that are already on the map and turn them into barracks for less then the cost and faster then the cost of building a barracks. Or perhaps give them the ability to fortify civilian buildings to be resistant to flash bangs / fire weapons as well as to make them tougher to destroy.

Giving them a metal storm artilery piece doesnt seem right considering that they are a militia they dont have that kind of technology available to them.

I think that the metal storm would make a good anti infantry defense unit for the U.S. and if it had the ability to switch between the grenade launcher mode and the machine gun mode it would be a excelent ground unit defense in general.

#13 Rynx

Rynx
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

Hmm well idk Vanguard does want a super weapon for it so right now who knows how the milita general will be done. I think since the milita is well a milita unit they should kinda be like the GLA but then again not the GLA, the reason is because well if anyone and i think some of you have play Operation Flashpoint the milita in the 1st, Red Hammer, and even Resistance used gurellia warfare not large numbers or out right attacks, they should be able to do camo attacks and should be able to steal tanks and enemy technology and stuff to future their cause what ever it may be. I right now am thinking of a story to go with the Milita faction just haven't hit it on the head yet but ill post in some time soon and see what you think of it.

#14 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

If yuo check the 00 Nobody Maps and Missions thread in my sig, you'll find some of us have already made a story for them, but couldn't finish due to a computer breakdown (my hard drive died) and we lost most of the work. The link, as stated before, is in my signature at the bottom of this post.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#15 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:41 PM

i think the milita should get an ability to garrision a civilion building, it would have to be 5 stingers 3 fundlementolists and 2 gurillas, but the building should be not immune to flashbangs nd so, and on another note, on fallen empire has the inf gen AI garisoned any of that wall things, its well harsh cuz u cant kill the building, but flashbangs work.

#16 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

There's no way to code a building immune to flash-bangs.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#17 HeartbreakOne

HeartbreakOne
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:19 PM

BOW AND ARROWS!!!!!
and for upgrade
:AP Arrows:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Not really a Hacker...

#18 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

BOW AND ARROWS!!!!!
and for upgrade
:AP Arrows:

Fired by the elite secritive U.S. Special Forces unit known as the Rambo's eight-balls squadron. All insane, all stealth, all the time. :p

:wub:
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#19 HeartbreakOne

HeartbreakOne
  • New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:49 AM

hahaha! lol!
thats good.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Not really a Hacker...

#20 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

you forgot sharp rocks!

Bows and arrows, sharp rocks, fur, Short Statures, weedy noises, Big trees, at-st's and Storm toopers make EWOKS! :p
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users