Photo

Harad Update

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:57 AM

Someone PLIEEEEEEEEs tell me the direct link of this mod plaing for Harad is my dream

#42 Hot!c3 II

Hot!c3 II
  • Project Team
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:57 AM

its not done yet, i think

#43 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:40 AM

It's not done yet. No, you're not having an early version.

Retired

#44 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

I like the desert-one better.... :D
Anyways, I'm sure your all tierd of me, so I'll going to let the other complain for a while :lol:

Mod's awesome!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#45 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

I think there both great :dry: Its up to you what one you use :p

#46 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

New Update

Featuring Harad nearing it's completion

General information

- Stables. Cost: 350

The cunning horsemen of the South emerge from the Haradrim Stables. Raiders, trained to pillage, burn and kill. With their sharp spears and fast horses, they are perfect for early game tactics. When attacking an enemies resources, they will steal from it as well as destroying it. You can upgrade your Stables for 500 resources, allowing the Raiders to be trained with more speed and efficiency. After this, you can once again upgrade it for 1000 resources to unlock the unique Fresh Horses upgrade. Upgrade your Raiders with this to give them a permanent speed bonus, making them even more deadly then they already are.

Posted Image

- King's Palace. Cost: 800

The Great King of Harad has many riches, and is not reluctant to show this. The King's Palace holds some of the most elite troops the Harad army has to offer, and therefore is a building vital to any decent Harad strategist. At first, the King's Palace only brings forth the Spearmen of Harad, men carrying spears to ruin the day of any horseman. When you upgrade your Palace, it unlocks the elite Hasharin, or Hasharii for plural. These silent assassins sneak up behind important enemy soldiers and kill them with a single stab. But the Great King of Harad has an even deadlier order of men under his control. When you upgrade your Palace to rank 3, you can recruit the Black Guards of the Serpent. This special unit of soldiers has been trained to fight both on foot and on horseback, and is feared throughout the Southern regions.

Posted Image

- Fletchery. Cost: 350

Bows are made of wood and string, materials easily found in the wide Southern lands. The Haradrim Archers are excellent marksmen, and can be recruited from the Haradrim Fletchery. Since the Haradrim know much about archery, they have also recruited men who are trained in countering them. Upgrade your Fletchery for 500 resources, and recruit the Haradrim Skirmishers. Their sharp javelins are rightiously feared by enemy archers.

Posted Image

- Haradrim Warhut. Cost: 1000

The far and wide land of Harad hosts many peoples, mostly divided in tribes. From the Northern regions of Harad come the Watchers of Kârna, mighty archers in their own right. They are hidden amongst the trees, and their ambushes are deadly for every well prepared force. From the mysterious south-east come the Witches of War, tribal and spiritual men learned in the ways of healing. Upgrading your Warhut for 1000 resources to the third level enables the most powerful and deadly soldier present in the armies of the South, the Troll-men of Far Harad. Half the size and strength of Trolls, they wield large clubs in the destruction of any enemy force.

- Mumakîl Pen. Cost: 2000

The Great Beasts of the South are often used in Haradrim assaults on great fortresses, the Battle of the Pelennor being the most prominent example. The Mumakîl will trample any opposing soldiers, and they can easily snap even the strongest wall in two. Upgrading your Mumakîl Pen to rank 2 allows the recruiting of Mahuds, men who have gained the trust of their Mumak. They are very weak in melee combat, but they can mount their Mumak to increase it's effectiveness.

- Great Tribute. Cost: 200

The Haradrim have many uses for their Mumakîl. Their tusks are often used in construction, their hide offers protection from raging sandstorms, and their usefulness in battle has often been proved. To honor these allies, the Haradrim have often raised tributes made out of fallen Mumakîl skulls. When near this Great Tribute, the Haradrim feel the power of the Mumakîl, and fight extra vigilant.

- Haradrim Fortress

The centre of Haradrim warfare, where mighty heroes are trained and great things are developed. Poison tipped arrows for extra damage to the enemy, great Serpent banners to boost a soldier's morale and lush gardens to heal the wounded. Extensive palisades of Mumak tusks hold back their enemies, while the gigantic Mumak skull is raised to bring fear in the hearts of enemies, and courage in the hearts of the Haradrim.

Posted Image

And now for some more ingame screenies.

Posted Image

Reskinned Haradrim Raiders. Skin by Orc Master.

Posted Image

Assembled army of Harad.

Posted Image

Watchers of Karna. I didnt have time to make a render, these went straight ingame. ;)

Posted Image

Sûladan with his Black Guards.

Posted Image

The Market, resource gathering structure. Didnt bother writing a cool description for that.. :p

Huge incredible credits to MULLERS for sweating away inside during this hot summer, getting it all working!!

Also, huge credits to Orc Master for doing the entire fortress by himself!

Additional credits to Matias and Morgoth.

:shiftee: looks great! Are these the final building skins? Could U make a similar post with units, or the link to that post if its there? thanks!
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#47 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

Yes, those skins are final. The units will be posted on the next update.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#48 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

k, thanks ;)
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users