Elfen Lied

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Von Lugar

Von Lugar
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

yea but overall its a good show, i mean who doesn't like a creature riping off peoples heads and splatting bodies over 10 feet or more, and the blood covering all the walls and guts everywhere.

All done by one person/creature.

#22 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Projects:none(seriously)

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:21 AM

There are a lot of countries like that. I just saw a german commercial were the women was walking around topless.

Yes european countries are more that way but stricter on violence, Japan seems to have the best of both worlds.

okay, too bad that my country are strict on both violence and sex. They even sencored a girl wearing a bikini :) So, I watched an anime on VCDs,DVDs and Fansubs only. The criminal activity is serious problem in my country. Therefore, they banned some anime that has violence and nudity. Elfen Lied is one of the anime that has been baned.

to make them tv, they edite them, but they have banned the original japanese versions that show nudity and very hardcore killing on the internet, like youtube.

Man, I thought the Japanese On-air show this anime at the time when the kids have no effort to look at, like midnight or after
Fun fact:
1) Named after the Osean AWACS in Ace combat 5
2) The anime sith lord
3) Anakin is the best Jedi
4) His favorite faction in SW:Empire at war is the Galactic Empire
5) Always change signature

#23 Von Lugar

Von Lugar
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:39 PM

man, that really has to suck...

i'm mean thats just stupid...

#24 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

The criminal activity is serious problem in my country. Therefore, they banned some anime that has violence and nudity. Elfen Lied is one of the anime that has been baned.

Wrong! TV shows dont create psyco killers... Canceling TV shows DOES!

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#25 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Projects:none(seriously)

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

[quote name='Infinity238' date='Sep 21 2006, 01:11 AM' post='361144']
[quote]Wrong! TV shows dont create psyco killers... Canceling TV shows DOES!
[/quote]

Actually I have the same thought as you,man. But the government in my country is so stupid and retards. They has a narrow vision on Anime. They thought cartoon are deserves for little kids only. They even sencored the alcoholic bottles. Man I'm so jealous that you guys don't have the narrow vision people sitting in the government seat. Sooner or later, I might have to go somewhere outside my countries
Fun fact:
1) Named after the Osean AWACS in Ace combat 5
2) The anime sith lord
3) Anakin is the best Jedi
4) His favorite faction in SW:Empire at war is the Galactic Empire
5) Always change signature

#26 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

you guys are going to have a new government soon anyway aren't you

I heard there was a bloodless coup yesterday, so maybe the basterds won't be so halfassed now.
As to lawless, I think that needs to come into perspective. in Bangcock (spellings dodgy) my cousen got fined nearly 500 Au (not sure how much that is in the local currency) for having some chewy in his mouth.

and he's only 12 years old.
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#27 Von Lugar

Von Lugar
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:55 PM

The criminal activity is serious problem in my country. Therefore, they banned some anime that has violence and nudity. Elfen Lied is one of the anime that has been baned.

Wrong! TV shows dont create psyco killers... Canceling TV shows DOES!

ha, thats a good one, and its seems resonable for the fact thats people love anime shows, and kinda need them to stay saine

#28 GhostlySubstance

GhostlySubstance
  • Project Team
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

And this is why we get fansubbed anime and view it in its original state almost. I'm just happy I got access to download such things since if I didn't i'd probably go insane with the North American censorship. Censorship is so insane that it also ends up turning Anime parodies even worse ^_^ Right....... anime and games make people violent......right....and here I thought people were violent since its human nature and that we know what we are doing. Yes lets go ahead and censor Gundam Seed where the humans turn into big ballons and then explode while its in a teen viewing timeslot. :p

And this is why we never get most of the goodies from Japan and get stuck with semi-good stuff and downloading fansubs. /rant

Sorry about that and Elfen Lied does look like a neat series and i'll make room for it and download it in the future.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

And this is why we get fansubbed anime and view it in its original state almost. I'm just happy I got access to download such things since if I didn't i'd probably go insane with the North American censorship. Censorship is so insane that it also ends up turning Anime parodies even worse ^_^ Right....... anime and games make people violent......right....and here I thought people were violent since its human nature and that we know what we are doing. Yes lets go ahead and censor Gundam Seed where the humans turn into big ballons and then explode while its in a teen viewing timeslot. :p

And this is why we never get most of the goodies from Japan and get stuck with semi-good stuff and downloading fansubs. /rant

Sorry about that and Elfen Lied does look like a neat series and i'll make room for it and download it in the future.

or you know, how the guns in gundam seed somehow shoot rainbows in the censored version...

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#30 Von Lugar

Von Lugar
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 03:45 AM

are you serious...

#31 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:36 AM

yea, the guns the soldiers used shoot rainbows in one of the censored versions, lucky us aussies get the uncensored one lol.

Posted Image

#32 Infinity238

Infinity238

Gundam Legacy MoD Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:31 AM

lol, yes and one such instance when waltfeld pulls the gun on Kira it had all these lights on it. They dubed it Waltfelds Disco Ray Gun, but the only ones who got the censered version was cartoon network.

Posted Image
-Metallica's next album will rule the world.

My Blog, My Deviant Art page, My Youtube

#33 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:11 AM

I just watched all the show and eh, it was excellent up to a certain point.

Kouta really started pissing me off, I mean bitch slapping Nana without even asking what the fuck she punched her for? i'm pretty sure if nana said "that bitch lucy cut BOTH my arms and legs off" than they'd be a bit sympathetic and let the punch or whatever slide.

oh she punched lucy cause she was hungry, what the fuck?

Posted Image

#34 Von Lugar

Von Lugar
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

i dunno, i haven't really seen most of the Gundam Seed ep.

Sometimes they get stupid llike that, don't een react to a situation thats happening to them, like lost in there own train of thought or just doesn't care.

#35 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

The Disco Gun is actually an entry on Wikipedia, seriously, that's just sad, and Im so glad for Torrents. ^^

Btw there is an Elfen Lied OVA, although it doesn't set place after the series, it does however settle some questions. Torrent for it it's pretty funny too, especially when you compare the beginning to the rest of the series, it's completely off-character XD

Btw I agree sensorship on anime is just plain stupid, however an M rating in Japan is actually 15 or above I found this out when I was watching TSR, the version I first got atually had the beginning age-warning thing left in it. lol

Edited by Crusader, 15 January 2007 - 02:43 PM.

{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#36 Von Lugar

Von Lugar
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

wow, i thought they didn't have ratings in japan...

they seem to do whatever they want like china

#37 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:35 AM

China has a funny TV system, basically you call in to the channel from your cell-phone and use the number system to order a show or movie you want to watch while everyone else watches it from their houses, this os for only a few channels but is basically how you get anime.

On the other hand Broad-band providers upload free anime almost as soonas it is shown in Japan, it's was certainly an intteresting experience lol.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#38 GhostlySubstance

GhostlySubstance
  • Project Team
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

How the hell did I missread this forum? :/ Anyways I got into an Elfen Lied anime fever (I watched from ep 5-14 in one go) and nearly drove Petroglyph forums mad :) I know almost everything that happens in Elfen Lied and if anybody says Lucy is an evil Diclonius i'd kill you :D

Ya if you want quality anime to watch in North America you have to either go to Japan, most parts of Europe, Online (Fosh gave me this sweet link), torrent it, or buy the DVD version. I still don't know why I took this long just to watch Elfen Lied but I guess it was the right time or else i'd be naturally insane. I always think about everything that goes in an anime so if that anime targets the mind then i'd be hit with their point of view.

I'll repeat what I kept saying to other people "This series deserves a second season since its still has untied strings that need to be talked about". Also I tried to search for some Elfen Lied products and all I could find are DVDs and mangas, whats up with that? :p Lack of company support for a depressing anime?

Edited by GhostlySubstance, 21 January 2007 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

smoked cheese?

nyoro~n

Posted Image

#40 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

Ah Avartar from the OVA?

Which btw in the beginning was a bit off-character as far as the anime's theme goes, but does tie up some things. A second season is unlikely, however a movie might work well.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users