The Long-Awaited Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

#181 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:11 AM

If you eat too much pop-corn it will go straight to your hips.

I think, as a Gondorian myself, we need more Rangers so well call your local recruiter today on 0800-1AM-A-RANG3R.

#182 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:07 AM

OK.....................that was random. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#183 hdh7

hdh7

some random guy

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

I wanna be a ranger :) Popcorn is good :p and Dain that was great, please make more.
(pupy dog face)
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. ROCK ON!!!

I would like to publicy anounce that I'm totaly insane.

I'm the little man living in your ceiling fan. I like it up here.

#184 gandalf123444

gandalf123444
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:44 AM

great update guys :crazed: ;) ive bin wating to see the mordor update for such a long time

#185 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:01 AM

Hey there, Gandalf! Good to see you're in the new forums now!
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#186 gandalf123444

gandalf123444
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

yes im BACK IN BLACK!! :thumbsupsmiley: :dry:

Edited by gandalf123444, 12 March 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#187 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

I know this is the wrong place to ask this but after Visiting the Battles of Gondor mod nad noticing that they were releasing the Mod bit by bit in versions. Last time I asked this question I was told that the first download would appear when all the factions are done. Well suppose there came a time when some of the factions were finished and some of the original factions were revised, then would it become likely if a small sample of it was released?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#188 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

we stand by our position to release the full mod when it's done. At the moment, several factions are nearly done, and being heavily tested to fix the remaining bugs.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#189 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

Battles of Gondor appear to be doing it faction by faction, however with RA there is lots going on, several factions being worked on at a time (at varying paces). It would be a pain for us to make up a beta that only had changes to one faction, as there will in fact be lots of changes to the other factions. I think that makes sense ;)
Posted Image

#190 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

I like the way this mod is being developed, it makes no sense to ruin the feel of the mod when you finally release it because people didn't want to wait.

#191 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:12 PM

I am not speaking in the name of the team, but in my name here.

I have a great time modding. It's a real pleasure to work a way out of problems, and try to think out of the box to be more and more innovative. But that comes at a high price. Some day I'll be working on some faction, the other day on a specific unit I've just had an idea for.

And after all that effort, I don't want to release one of the buggiest mods ever (I have a reputation to maintain around here!), to come up with yet another bugfix the week after. The staff members can confirm of how annoying I can get when it comes to actually distributing an internal release.
I'd rather have a fully working mod, with as few bugs as humanly possible, to play with and have fun with, and finally enjoy some rest, instead of doing by bits.

People are still modding Red Alert. Why couldn't we be modding BfME in 5 years from now ? (note: yes I plan to have RA released by then).
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#192 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:30 PM

off topic a bit what are the command points are going to like because I
would like to cover the walls of minas tirith with troops without running
out of command points

#193 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:09 AM

The Command Point cap is going to be at least double than what it was in the original game, so you don't need to worry about that. If you want more information about the mod and it's features, check out the Information and FAQ pages on the website. :p
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#194 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:01 AM

hey guys.....i hope this mod will be finished by the time i die.
no offence but i wayted for it for a long time.i know this is a slow proces but.....come on allready! it
looks 2 good ,i can't be patient !

#195 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Dude, shutup! :p The team has had enough complaints about the time their amazing mod is taking to be released, they don't need another one! Remember, they're not making this mod for the public as much as they're making it for themselves, and it's their mod, so they can finish it whenever they want. And if I were you I wouldn't be hassling them because they're the ones who are making the mod, so you owe them your respect.
Posted Image

#196 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:52 AM

i think i can say whatever i want(within the rules)...so...mind your own buisness!..dude

#197 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:09 AM

Why dont u just find another mod that fits your unpatient needs? :p
Posted Image

#198 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:12 AM

all 3 of you calm down. seemann, you need to wait. asking for a release date wont give you one. Olorin, there was no reason to tell him to shutup and get angry with him. and Canterbury, most people are unpatient with lots of things. i agree with him about wanting it out, but i have been following mods for almost 2 years now and ive learned to keep quiet. you have also learned to keep quiet because it makes the modders and other members angry. seemann just needs to learn that it takes time.
Posted Image

#199 seemann

seemann
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:26 AM

thx man....and i do respect the mod makers!
....sry for everything
Apocaliptica & Nina Hagen - seemann

#200 girtacos

girtacos
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:20 AM

It's okay :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users