GLA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Invalid

Invalid
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:01 AM

So..I'm not very good with GLA. I suck with toxin and assualt, and I'm only "okay" with demo and stealth.
A lot of people talk of how good the GLA are, when you know how to play them. I know that stealth is a major factor for GLA...but can I ask...How exactly are you supposed to play them?
Right now, for assualt, I make 3 scorpions, 3 quads, and 3 artillery guys at each war factory I have, and they get destroyed very quickly. The AI I face does much better against me, yet seems to use very similar tactics. Does anyone know of good tactics to use as GLA?

#2 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:57 AM

All depends on the gla general u use, Steath gen is more hit and run tactics and suprize strikes.

Demo is my fav gla side and i always use suicide units.
A few AT units and Anti infantry units mixed with a defence line should be enough in defence, but for attack use only suicide there stealth and can be a real pain.
Make sure you space your demo trucks out when u send them in u don't want one going off and blowing up the rest cos they was so close like a convoy.
Also once u get gla suicide planes ther your new found friend muhahaha.

infantry gen vs demo gen was a stale mate between me and my friend for ages, it was not untill i managed to get rank 5 and nuke trucks did i start winning :sleep: hahaha
Basicly suicide stuff can easily pawn infantry :grin:
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#3 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

Or on small maps (1 vs 1), build a Barrack's close to the enemy's base and start pumping out Demo Bikes. Then if you reach rank 3, immidatley build a few Airfields with Suicide Rockets and start building Demo Trucks. Then you enemy will be totally doomed (if you have reached rank 3 before him), you don't need defence because your enemy won't get the change to build an attack force. :sleep:
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#4 dave1

dave1
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

Toxin can be useful if your enemy is China...

Toxin Rebel Ambush vs China Hackers?

big fun ;)

#5 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

So..I'm not very good with GLA. I suck with toxin and assualt, and I'm only "okay" with demo and stealth.
A lot of people talk of how good the GLA are, when you know how to play them. I know that stealth is a major factor for GLA...but can I ask...How exactly are you supposed to play them?
Right now, for assualt, I make 3 scorpions, 3 quads, and 3 artillery guys at each war factory I have, and they get destroyed very quickly. The AI I face does much better against me, yet seems to use very similar tactics. Does anyone know of good tactics to use as GLA?

I recommend you to go to replays topic and look how players play with GLA.

#6 Guest_Oh well.._*

Guest_Oh well.._*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

I think I should also upload some replays then..

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users