Photo

CaH in SEE!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Poll: CaH in SEE?

Should we keep CaH in SEE to begin with?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should we keep CaH even if we use CaH to create new regular heroes?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should we use CaH to create new needed heroes in SEE?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

EDIT: I moved this here from CE Stuff thread so we can talk separately about CaH things =) /Naz

I put tpgether a Mollok for EM2 from CaH parts. It is my opinion that we should make use of all the CaH stuff for regular heroes, powers etc. Nevermind that some of it is unique for the CaH option and would make playing a CaH a bit less special. I don't use the CaH anyway, and it's impossible to make the AI use the CaH powers without making the game unbalancing.
You wanna check it out? You want me to check it out? Or anyone else? It's not that hard, once you know how the CaH-inis work. The most boring part was to hide all the CaH parts, but leave exactly the right parts visible,which had quite stupid and not really apparent names, hehe. ;)

----------
EDIT2: Here we go... New Heroes based on CaH models/things, and suggested names/positions for them in game... /Naz
:D

MOLLOCK - Lvl10 Attack Troll "leader" for Mordor's Troll Pit (sort of like Treebeard for the Ent Moot)
Posted Image

AZOG - Orc Leader of Moria
Posted Image

BOLG - Son of Azog
Posted Image

DURIN VI - of Khazad-dûm
Posted Image

BALIN - Cousin of Gimli
Posted Image

THORIN STONEHELM - of the Lonely Mountain
Posted Image

BEREGOND - Captain of The Citadel Guard
Posted Image

THEODRED - Son of Theoden
Posted Image

EDIT: Removed Elladan, Elrohir and "Hodard" 20070731

^ That should look pretty good in game, make good use of CaH stuff even for us who don't use CaH normally, and also give some needed extra heroes, especially to Dwarves and Moria/Goblins... /Naz ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 July 2007 - 05:11 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

As much as I'd like to, there's a clear limit to my coding skills that we've passed LONG time ago. You know what I said about SEE now and how it would never be without you :lol:

I'm basically an artist TRYING to be a coder. Meaning: I might be able to work that out ^ but it would most likely take 10 times as long as if you did it ;)

Anyways: I NEVER use the CaH myself, I just don't dare remove it for the Players sake. BUT I do think we should exploit as much as possible for them in order to get more heroes into the game ;) I am ALL for that! And I don't care if that makes the CaH less unique. U can still use them if u like (as a player). But lets use as much CaH things as possible :lol:

Maybe I should make this into a new thread?; "Using CaH for new Heroes & Units" :D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

Yeah, than we can make that fire sword do some fire damage, hehe. Now, what hero would be suitable to wear a sword like that. But it would have to be a 'Captain of Gondor' style Hero. :D Or maybe or sword like that could be a library upgrade. Yeah, let's make a new thread. You set it up with a few smooth intro words. :rolleyes:

*slowly remembering all the funky CaH code*

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

Not exactly sure if I wanna use the Fire Sword that much. I think it should be almost an exclusive for the WK (kind of ironic though since Nazzies are afraid of fire, lol). But yeah, maybe as a kick ass upgrade to buy, from the armory... of evil factions? =p

Edited by Nazgûl, 04 July 2007 - 11:29 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

okay, so I voted yes on both of polls, but I meant only the first one :D Don't remove CaH :p I never use them, but hey... :rolleyes:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

That's what I'm leaning to too :rolleyes:

I just think, as Sul, that they have way too much goodies to be left in there ONLY :D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

I voted yes twice, meaning I don't want it unchanged, but I don't want it removed. I don't think the removal of CaH and adding new heros is proper comensation. What we do with our CaH's is our business :rolleyes: but it is a boring system.

#8 Rindy

Rindy
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:07 AM

well, i'd use the CaH more often, if there would be some more options to design my hero.. i mean, what the heck?? i can't even create something else then an archer for elves -.- so yeah, let's use those CaH powers and craft some REAL heroes with them ^^

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:04 AM

^ *initial post updated with screens of planned heroes using CaH engine* =) ^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:49 AM

The dwarves are a bit *alike*. But until we acquire a seperate model for every hero, the CaH's are very good stand-ins, especially for the orcs. I would rather use the URUK-Base for the Goblins heroes though. The Goblin Chieftains were all kick-ass, and there were some of the big uruks among them as well. And cream rises to the top! :rolleyes: But otherwise, the outfitting options are of course much better.

You played around a lot with the colors. I'm not sure i can handle that, unless it is very easy to find out, or someone else already knows how to do it. The rest will be an experimenting slugfest ...

Anyone wanna suggest the abilities? :D

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:37 AM

I think they're rather good... The similarities are more obvious here cause of the size of the screens and the angle =)

The Uruks look too "Uruk-hai-ish" to mee, to fit the gobbos. I'd rather keep them Goblin and Orc in looks :s

We can still SCALE them a bit though :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:48 AM

The new heroes look quite good :D But about the poll, you should add No option :rolleyes:

#13 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

The evil units look great, the good heroes...meh. To generic, like Sul said. And I wouldn't really use CAH powers. Most are the same as the spellbook powers or copies of other heroe's powers (leadership, wizardblast, meteor storm, summon allies, give experience...).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Blendor

Blendor

The Dwarf

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

new heroes get CAH skin? :( I do not like this
(I hope for it this only transitional idea)

Edited by Blendor, 05 July 2007 - 09:42 AM.

The Dwarf Blendor

Posted Image

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/blendor]Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fav. mods:
Special Extended Editiom, Rj-RotWK, Wars of the East, Battles of Gondor. The Elven Alliance

fav. films:
The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars

fav, games:
Battle for middle-earth 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, Rise of the Witch-King

Administrator of the official Hungarian bfme website :)

#15 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

i think it's a good idea. i just want to let them have new voices and palantir images etc.
letting al of those dwarven heroes say the same with the same voice makes no sence.

dunno if you already got him but you can create Radagast like that
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#16 tejeskave

tejeskave
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

i don't like this idea

#17 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

The poll seemed somewhat messed up, as one had to tick both questions with only a "Yes"-option, so I've edited it to make more sense. I hope that's the way you originally planned it to look like...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

will theodred be able to mount?
and if so he could have a power that increases the speed of all horses around him.

The best guest

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

durin could have durin's day which a de buffed sun scorch thing

elrond's son (both) could have a power w\that when togerther they both get a upgrade to power and amror<really bad spelling> ;)

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

The new heroes look quite good :) But about the poll, you should add No option :grin:

Why - answering yes do either one equals answering no to the other?

The poll seemed somewhat messed up, as one had to tick both questions with only a "Yes"-option, so I've edited it to make more sense. I hope that's the way you originally planned it to look like...

Actually I do mind, but only a bit ;) You should defenitely ask me before you edit a Poll? ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users