Photo

Forged Blades

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:54 AM

imho it would look a lot better if all forged blades simply look like the ones you made for gondor, because purple, and blue and specially red make it look like some kind of Star wars thing, stick to one color for everything would look much much better :p

#22 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

Well, either today or tomorrow I'll be finished with all of the forged blade models and I'll be posting screenshots and taking polls. I'm soooo used to red blades for Isengard, I really cannot imaging them with white forged blades, so unless they turn out amazing, I really like them with the red blades.

Anyway, on top of fixing bugs I've also added forged blades to some of the models that did not have them, in case I wanted to use them:

Arnor Soldiers
Soldiers of Rhun
etc.

I'll also be doing the fire arrows for the units that don't have them as well and horse shield upgrades for some of the units. I'm also trying to fix up some of the binding and get in general get everything cleaned up, not that it was too terrible.

And also to make sure that everyone has the correct color, I've also done the medium and low settings models as I go. I don't want blue blades for low settings and white/colored blades for High.

Robert J.

#23 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

I just don't want to re-bind stuff unless I absolutely have to. Hex editing is my type of modding.
Robert J.

U are not using a very good w3d importer if you are having to re-bind.

Uhm? There is not a lot of w3d importer you know... and it doesn't keep the binding.
Maybe then you can help and share your one?
Posted Image

#24 Just west

Just west
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:47 AM

I sent the ones I had to robnkarla. He is testing them out. It appears Generals and BFME files are a bit different. They could still offer other advantages even if the rigging doe's not work as desired.

#25 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

@Rob; Just wondering, I dont know if you mentioned if this is possible or not, but is it possible to remove the great brightness from models through hex editing ? I have some models that I havent saved as gmax scene and I wouldnt like to start redoing them just to remove the glow...

#26 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

im pretty sure he said yes somewhere. if you can add forged blades from scratch, you can probably change or remove them :mellow:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#27 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

Not what I meant thought :mellow: I mean the brightness that can be seen in the Wainrider model that is used atleast in WotE, originally made by Visions team I think.

#28 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

oh, i just assumed u meant forged blades cause its posted here :p my bad. im not sure about that, he might have done that tho.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#29 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, that is possible. I removed the shininess from some of the models, like Mullers_11 Wain Riders among others. With hex edting and a little modeling/binding you can do a lot. For example, if you don't plan on making any modeling changes to an existing horse/warg/spider/mount, etc. There is really no need whatsoever to bind the mount. The same is true for any sub-object.

The hardest part that I am coming to is how to write the article. It's all sooo very detailed, excapt for a couple of things, that it is difficult to write it up except to do an example of what you want to do. As soon as I put together my update this week, I'm going to be going through and putting the article together. If there is any specific item you would like me to use an example I'd be more than willing,

Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 08 September 2007 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users