34 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

There are some various changes to the exsisting units, mostly balance changes or modified models. There are a few units being removed, but several new ones added.

the BIG change for laser is the Techtree system is being expanded considerably and the Promotion tree is being entirely replaced. Power will also play a much more important role, as many late game units will require much more...

The Strategy Center will be replaced with the "Physics Lab". At the Physiscs Lab the player will have access to SIX tech trees. Adv. Laser, Adv. Microwave, Particle, Plasma, Ion, and Satellite. Each tech tree will have its own requirments, such as a minimum tech level, or minumum rank, etc. Each time the player Upgrades his escalation level he may choose ONE techtree, in any order. There is a maximum of 3 Tech levels, so a player may choose any 3 technology trees. (to prevent the physics lab from becoming a "soft" spot in the base, a Research Archive will be availble to substitute it when building units)

Each technology will unlock a seperate set of units, General's powers, Tech Centers, upgrades, and superweapons. The units in each tech tree each have thier own apropriate requirements.

Pulse Lasers: (versatile, upgrades effect most units regardles of tech, excelent fire rate) Requires Escalation1. High power requirements, 3-5 power per unit (avg)

Unlocks Photon Research Lab
-Upgrades for all basic lasers that apply to most units. Argon Lasers, Carbon Lasers, Super Conductors(replace Solar Panals, same role)
Unlocks Pulse Laser Units and defenses
-Mithral
-Pulse Laser Tank
-Heavy Laser Tank (Ra)
-Pulse Laser Addon
-Pulse Laser Modular Defense (std site)
-Adv. Pulse Laser Modular Defense (hvy site)
Unlocks Laser strike (3 ranks)
-Rank1 Laser Strike (available at Rank3) 1 red beam
-Rank2 Argon Laser Strike (available at Rank3) 1 green beam
-Rank3 Focused Strike (Available at Rank5) several beams that spiral down on one point, then a single powerful beam to "clear" the area.

Adv. Microwave: (very stong vs Infantry) Requires Escalation1. Lower power requirements, 1-2 power per unit. (avg)

Unlocks Resonance Lab
-Upgrades for Microwave Units. Improved Building Disruption, Ability to kill Crew, Splash Damage.
Unlocks Heavy Microwave Units
-Heavy Microwave Tank (Isis)
-Microwave Addon
Unlocks Microwave Strike (1 rank)
-Rank1 Microwve Strike (Available at Rank5) cover a very large area with a powerful microwave beam.

Particle Projection: (Line of Sight, Long Range, Strong vs Tanks) Requires Escalation1, Medium power requirements, 3-5 power per unit. (avg)

Unlocks Particle Cannon
-Improved Durration over Standard Particle Cannon
-Upgrade for Particle Units, Particle Polerization - improves damage vs Tanks
Unlocks Particle Projector and Particle Streamer Units and Defenses
-Particle Projection Tank
-Particle Projector Modular Defense (std site)
-Falken Striker
-Heavy Particle Projection Tank (Osirus)
-Particle Streamer Addon
-Omega Cannon (Heavy Particle Streamer)
-Omega Cannon Modular Defense (hvy site)
Unlocks Falken Strike (3 ranks)
-Rank1, 2 Falkens (Requires Rank3)
-Rank2, 4 Falkens
-Rank3, 6 Falkens

Plasma Containment: (Short Rank, Excelent Damage) Requires Escalation2 and Rank3 Promotion Higher power requirements, 6-8 power per unit. (avg)

Unlocks Plasma Reactor
-Provides 120 Power
Unlocks Plasma Cannon and Plasma Torch Units
-Plasma Torch Tank
-Heavy Plasma Cannon Tank (Anubis)
-Plasma Gun Modular Defense (std site)
-Plasma Cannon Modular Defense (hvy site)
Unlocks Plasma Barrage (2 Ranks)
-Rank1, 10 Plasma Bolts (Requires Rank3)
-Rank2, 20 Plasma Bolts

Satellite Cordination: (Exteam Range and Observation powers) Requires Escalation2, No power requirement

Unlocks Satellite Relay
-Superweapon, Calls a barrage of strikes on target area
-Upgrades for Satilite Callers. Faster Beam Focus Time, Faster Targeting time, EMP emmitions, Stealth Detection for Spy Satellite Power.
Unlocks Satellite Caller Unit and Defense, and Observation Site.
-Satellite Caller (Sky Eyes) Extream range artillery role.
-Satellite Caller Modular Defense (Hvy Site)
-Observation site Modular Defense (Std Site)large area view w/ stealth detect
Unlocks Satellite Observation (3 Ranks-Requires Spy Satellite)
-Rank1, Attack of Oportunity, adds a random free satellite shot to basic sat scan
-Rank2, Battlefield Awareness I, Reveals all command centers
-Rank3, Battlefield Awareness II, Reveals whole map.

Ion Charging: (Medium/Long Range, Very High Damage, slow fire rate) Requires Escalation3 and Rank5 Promotion Point, Very High power requirements, 10-12 power per unit. (avg)

Unlocks Ion Cannon
-Superweapon, Very High damage, long reload, can overcharge (once researched)
-Upgrades Ion Units with Overcharge ability. Overcharged increase in damage 50%, but will double the power requirement while firing.
Unlocks Ion Cannon and Ion Artillery Units
- Heavy Ion Tank (Horus)
- Ion Balsitic Artillery

PROMOTION POINTS:

Rank1:
-Spy Satellite (Enhanced by Satellite Tech tree)
-Grid Managment (Allows Second Powerplant upgrade)
-Laser Training (Train all laser units as veterans)
-War Funding (Recieve extra Resources)

Rank3:
-Satellite Observation (3 Ranks, Requires Spy Satellite & Satellite Research)
-Plasma Tech (1 point for Research Unlock)
-Plasma Barrage (2 Ranks, Requires Plasma Tech Reserach)
-Laser Strike (2 Ranks, Requires Adv. Laser Research)
-Falken Strike (3 Ranks, Requires Particle Research)

Rank5:
-Microwave Strike (1 Rank, Requires Adv. Microwave Research)
-Ion Tech (1 point for Research Unlock)
-Focused Laser Strike (1 Rank, Requires Laserstrike2)

You will notice that all the Rank3 and 5 powers are tied to the Tech trees. No matter what Tech trees you choose you WILL be capable of spending all 9 General's points, but the trees you chose can have a huge impact on how you spend you points. For example, If you choose both Microwave AND Ion tech, no matter what your third tech is you will only have 9 options to spend you 9 points on, so you will be locked into that exact promotion tree. If you choose Satellite, Particle, and Plasma you will not have a Rank5 power available to you.

Each tree has its unique advantages and some will complement each other much better than others.

Only 3 of the 6 trees offers artillery range weapons
Only 3 of the 6 trees offers a superweapon
Only 3 of the 6 trees are available before Tech2
Only 2 of the 6 trees offers a Rank5 power

Keep these in mind when choosing your tech trees at each level. If you want certain combinations you will have to certain prices to reach it.

AirF general is also recieving a moderate amount of change, I will post him later today.

Edited by Pendaelose, 13 September 2007 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

the focused strike sounds....amazing. :mellow:
was in the ion cannon in CnC3 that inspired you?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

the focused strike sounds....amazing. :mellow:
was in the ion cannon in CnC3 that inspired you?

Yes, I liked it alot, I could just never find a way to use it... I found one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

i cant wait to try the laser tech...make the focused laser strike multi coulored,lots of blue red and green.... a light show before everything inside it is vapourised :mellow:

all the techs sound really good.

also, where are the stratagy centre upgrades going to be housed? (e.g uranium armour, advancded training etc)

" (to prevent the physics lab from becoming a "soft" spot in the base, a Research Archive will be availble to substitute it when building units)"

this made no sense to me.... i dont understand what you mean or what the building does.

Edited by olli, 13 September 2007 - 06:21 PM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

i cant wait to try the laser tech...make the focused laser strike multi coulored,lots of blue red and green.... a light show before everything inside it is vapourised :mellow:

all the techs sound really good.

;)

also, where are the stratagy centre upgrades going to be housed? (e.g uranium armour, advancded training etc)

a couple will be scrapped to help the balance, others will be at the warfactories, barracks, or other building closest to the unit that would have recieved the upgrade.

" (to prevent the physics lab from becoming a "soft" spot in the base, a Research Archive will be availble to substitute it when building units)"

this made no sense to me.... i dont understand what you mean or what the building does.

Its the exact same idea as the "reserve Operations" center. It can't do the Tech Tree research but if you loose your physics lab you sill still be able to build your units and buildings if you have a research archive.

The "Reserve Ops" building that the other USAs will get is a perfect look alike for the strat center, but it can't give strategy bonuses. But if your strategy center is destroyed you arn't bent over a barrel, you can still build your late game units if you have the reserve ops center.

China and GLA can build as many propoganda centers and palaces as they want.... USA can only have one Strat center. This must be fixed to correct one of the biggest balance scew ups in the whole game...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

so if you have the reserch archive, the techs that you chose will be "stored" and memorised there?

so what happens if you destory the physics lab and the strat centre? do you have to reserch each tech again from the physics lab, or can you choose a different set of techs?

also uranium armour and advanced training should not be removed at all. they are USA upgrades and they help the USA side be the USA side...especially advanced training. the uranium armour upgrade should go at the heavy/ normal warfactory.

Edited by olli, 13 September 2007 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

so if you have the reserch archive, the techs that you chose will be "stored" and memorised there?

Units that say "Requires Physics Lab" will say "Requires Physics Lab, or Research Archive". Theres a limit 1 on physics lab... theres no other way to control the upgrade limit. So, if your lab were destroyed you'd be over a barrel because you can't build shit until its replaced... just like how the US is with the strat center right now.

BUT the Research Archive would give an extra building, so if your Lab is destroyed you just rebuild it, and your archive lets you keep building the advanced units. Its the exact same thing as building an extra propoganda center so that you're not royaly fucked if the first one gets destroyed.

so what happens if you destory the physics lab and the strat centre? do you have to reserch each tech again from the physics lab, or can you choose a different set of techs?

if the physics lab gets destroyed you just have to rebuild it. The upgrades you already have will still be there. Your tech tree choices cannot be removed.

also uranium armour and advanced training should not be removed at all. they are USA upgrades and they help the USA side be the USA side...especially advanced training. the uranium armour upgrade should go at the heavy/ normal warfactory.

uranium armor would be at the heavy warfactory. advanced training can be removed though... the units are already super bad ass, and many will be able to build with verterancy from the laser training.

Some of the upgrades can go to the research archive also, its just as good a building to buy upgrades at.

you shouldn't think "this is all usa". I want every general to be as different as possible, so alot of those clasic styles are going to change. Infact, most already have, theres just a couple units/upgrades that managed to hang on to a few generals too many.

Also, for the next version I'm going to have to do away with the upgrade cameos... theres just no other way. Research buttons will still have unique buttons, but the cameo and que icons will be replaced with generic "research" icons. Unit/building addons will have a "manufacturing" icon once clicked on. But, remember, the actual upgrade buttons and descriptions will not change. The only "real" difference is there won't be any upgrade cameos for units. (except the escalation cameo, those are much more important and will stay). Instead of using the cameos you'll have to read the unit and upgrade descriptions to see what they effect. Units that recieve a special upgrade will say so. Upgrades that effect all of a large group of units will say so.

This is so that I can consolidate all armor upgrades into a single set. Because flame armor, radiation armor, uranium armor and composit armor all cost 2000 resources and build in the same amount of time I can free up that many upgrade slots by making it functionaly one upgrade, but each general has a different icon, and every uprade button will be restricted to only that single general. So captured buildings can't be used to trick the game into thinking you researched something you didn't.

Edited by Pendaelose, 13 September 2007 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

we knew bout this change pedn u already had ran over it pretty much with us ;)
Just a lil more refined discription with some changes to what u said :mellow:
But still gonna be awesome.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

the last 2 paragraphs confused me, especially the last part!

what i am understanding is that there will be no more cameo buttons for building tanks/infantry or reserching upgrades? so there wont even be a picture of the unit/upgrade on the button you would click to build it?
Posted Image

#10 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

well I'm totally confused by now^^ I understood like 3/4 but the rest well no idea but some stuff sounded good school fucks my mind up

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

the last 2 paragraphs confused me, especially the last part!

what i am understanding is that there will be no more cameo buttons for building tanks/infantry or reserching upgrades? so there wont even be a picture of the unit/upgrade on the button you would click to build it?

let me explain it differently. when you click on the button for plasma tech it shows up as nationalism. have you noticed this?? now instead you would click on the button for your upgrade, that still looks like it always has, and it would show up as the "research" icon in your build list.

The BUTTONS will not change. but the list of upgrade cameos on the sides of the unit portait will go away because the upgrade cameo (NOT THE BUTTON) will just have a generic picture.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:35 PM

i noticed the nationalism cameo....

but if all the unit cameos go, how will you know what you have and havent upgraded to? and why do they need to be removed?

also, will the libra be removed or be changed... because its barrels are the old style plasma, and if its going to be used it needs the new stlye plasma guns, but i dont think it would look right on the libra.
Posted Image

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

i noticed the nationalism cameo....

but if all the unit cameos go, how will you know what you have and havent upgraded to? and why do they need to be removed?

also, will the libra be removed or be changed... because its barrels are the old style plasma, and if its going to be used it needs the new stlye plasma guns, but i dont think it would look right on the libra.

You'll know what upgrades you've gotten because you clicked on the upgrades to get it :mellow: And you'll know what upgrades they can get because the description of the upgrade will say "Adds armor to all tanks" or "Adds Tow missiles to Seeker Drone"

I has to be done becuase of the 128 upgrade max. I have to consolodate more, and its starting to get fuglier and fuglier with all the overlapped upgrades. this will simplfy it.

The Libra is being removed for 2 reasons. 1. all plasma weapons are now short range, but higher damage. 2. the model no longer matches the plasma weapon style. It will be replaced with the Plasma torch tank. The plasma torch will be a very short range concentrated beam of plasma. It will cut down all target types, especialy enemy tanks.

Edited by Pendaelose, 13 September 2007 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

cool deal. :mellow:

that is a good idea.

Edited by olli, 13 September 2007 - 09:44 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

I was editing while you replied.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

with the plasma torch and plasma gun weapons.. dont make them too short ranged. the plasma gun should be the same range as a normal tank...maybe just slightly longer

and the plasma torch should be dragon tank range.

if its too short it would be very impracticle.
Posted Image

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:01 PM

with the plasma torch and plasma gun weapons.. dont make them too short ranged. the plasma gun should be the same range as a normal tank...maybe just slightly longer

slightly shorter actualy. the normal tanks need to get the first shot in because the plasma gun will kill them almost imediatly.

and the plasma torch should be dragon tank range.
if its too short it would be very impracticle.

a tad shorter than dragon tank range is what I had in mind. But when I say "increadible damage" I mean it sweeps its beam across a normal tank and vaporizes it. the tank will have extra armor and abover average tank speed to help it close range.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:15 AM

Plasma Torch: Im going to whapor vaporize you!
*Spoink*
Jarmen Kell: Muahahahaha!!!

Posted Image

#19 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:32 AM

ok I think that you mean that if I click on a upgrade, and the upgrade is completed, and the AI have destroyd my Physics Lab, and i rebuild it, I dont need to reupgrade the upgrade, i'm I right?

#20 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

yes
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users