46 replies to this topic

#41 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

Nice to see that there are still fans out there that love the mod and advise it to their friends =). Progress has been non-existent in the last couple of months so that's great to see.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

SEE Survey

1) Where and when did you hear about SEE (saw a preview, friend told me about it, found it on T3A, …)?
T3A.
2) What do you like most about SEE?
It adds needed heroes, units, and better skins as well as balance.
3) What don’t you like about SEE (please no comments about the slow building times)?
Nothing but slow build times.
4) Would you advise it to a friend? Why/why not?
I would advise it to a friend as it is the best, most compelte mod for BFME II.
5) Do you mostly play skirmish matches or multiplayer matches?
Skirmish... Multiplayer never worked.
6) If you could add one unit, which one would you choose?
Spearmen of Rivendell (like TEA Guards of the Havens)
7) If you could add one hero, which one would it be?
This is an exception to the one hero thing... Elladan and Elrohir (yes, they are briefly seen in the movie in the background)
8) How would you react when the AI would beat you?
They rarely do, and that's only when I'm on brutal (even then, they have to be teamed up on me)
9) Do you like the idea of the new camera system?
Just use some form of converted RJ-cam, it rocks.
10) What maps would you like to have this camera system?
Siege ones (Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Dol Goldur, etc.)
11) Do you think we should port the mod to ROTWK? Or should we stay with TBFME II?
BFME II
12) Do you often play the WOTR mode?
Yes, but there are a few... issues with being able to do it.
13) Do you often use CAH? Why? (cool powers, nice armour, …)
I used to, but, despite all of the finely polished skins, I've seen the bugs and the lack of parts, so I no longer use it.
14) Do you like the idea of adding a new Evil Men faction?
Yes, just have Rhun be for the elites, Harad being for Mumakil and basic units.
15) Do you have any remaining comments or suggestions?
I'm sorry I have to do this but... SPEED UP THE BUILD TIMES PLEASE!!!!!!!!! That or can you tell me how to code them to be shorter?

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 16 July 2008 - 12:21 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#43 Dr.Kirk

Dr.Kirk
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:SEE - one mod to rule them all

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Ok... well, here are my answers...

1) I decided I'd had enough of BFME II. So I decided to go and make my own BFME II mod, which I intended to be movie accurate (realistic sizes, units and heroes etc) and more fun to play. I started my quest by searching for BFME II mods on the internet to gain some ideas of the possibilities and restrictions for (what I'd intended to be) practically a remake and restructure of the entire game. Instantly, after typing BFME II mods into Google, I found the Special Extended Edition and I realised that it was another person's attempt to do EXACTLY the thing that I'd set out to do in the first place. With that (and an almost hell-bent determination to help everyone achieve the finalisation and completion of this mod at it's most perfect stage and show EA up for the crap they'd sold me with the actual game) I decided to join the SEE forums and help out.

2) The realism factor, the scaling of the models mostly and the addition of the Dragon Smaug to the game. (Who is my all time fave character in Middle Earth.)

3) As of present I can only find one fault: Grond. It's too hard to manouvre. Maybe it needs a 'sqush everything' power (hint hint)...

4) I would advise it to a number of my friends for the fact that they, like me, were dissapointed with the BFME II game and would like to see some proper movie realism in it. I actually admit to reading for an hour through the LOTR film book 'Weapons and Warfare' to check how I could make things more accurate in the game... fortunately, I still have the book (well, why wouldn't I, it's mine anyway...) so I can refer to it whenever I need to.

5) A bit of both. I practice killing AI on Skirmish, and then go and thrash the best of the best on Multiplayer.

6) Ooh... that's difficult. Out of all the units in the Lord of the Rings, I'd have to go for... Stone Giants. They'd rock in BFME II.

7) Definately, without question, I'd add Beorn.

8) Mutters darkly to himself... nah, I usually just say 'nuts' and start another game just to beat that same enemy. (Although I never will if I persist with trying to make Goblins into a fortress-defending army all the time - they're weaker then water when it comes to fighting besieging Orcs and attacking Elves... my last battle, Goblins vs Elves, ended quite a cinematic way... I had one Cave Troll left, my fortress was near destroyed and the Elves were delivering the final blows to it's weak rusty walls when suddenly my Cave Troll attacked with brute strength and determination, charging headlong into the Even cavalry and preparing to wipe them off the map when...
...he was hit by a load of fire arrows and died miserably, roaring and flailing his arms madly, my mouth still ajar and me thinking 'WHAT?' as my fortress was levelled and the dreaded word 'defeated' appeared on my screen.)

9) It's one of the best ideas in the whole of SEE.

10) Hmm... probably Helms Deep, Minas Tirith, Barad Dur, Mount Doom and Bree... those would be top on my list.

11) Nope, because I don't have ROTWK and I can't find it anywhere online or in the shops. (Though from what I've heard about it, I don't think I'm missing out on much...)

12) Not really, usually only when I get bored of Skirmish mode.

13) Yep, I started using CaH when I first bought BFME II. One of the few good things about the game. I used it to create a Troll Chieftian, Bolg, Radagast the Brown, Bard (King of the men of Dale), Theodred, Gamling, (and after deleting all the pre-made game heroes in the game's main files) The Elfking, Balin, Dwalin, Oin, Gloin, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori, Ori, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur and especially Thorin Oakenshield... :p

14) Oh yes.

15) Not many, except for ADD BEORN!!! I seriously want to see a giant superbear kill entire armies of Orcs before I go mad from waiting for Gandalf to spawn himself.

:) SEE rocks.

Edited by Dr.Kirk, 11 July 2008 - 05:13 AM.

Posted Image
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can.

#44 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for answering the survey! What exactly do you mean by stone giants?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Dr.Kirk

Dr.Kirk
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:SEE - one mod to rule them all

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

Extract from THE HOBBIT:
(Adapted version by Charles Dixon and Sean Deming)

All was well, until one day they met a thunderstorm - more then a thunderstorm, a thunder-battle. Lightning splintered on the peaks, and rocks shivered, and great crashes split the air and rolled and tumbled into every cave and hollow; and the darkness was filled with overwhelming noise and sudden light. Bilbo had never seen or imagined anything of the kind. In the lightning-flashes, he saw that across the valley the stone giants were out. They were hurling rocks at one another for a game, and catching them, and tossing them down into the darkness where they smashed among the trees far below, or splintered into little bits with a bang. Then came a wind and a rain, and the wind whipped the rain and the hail about in every direction. Soon they were getting drenched and their ponies were whinnying with fright. They could hear the giants guffawing and shouting all over the mountainsides.

Stone Giants are meant to be an actual human-like giant, in the LOTR world. If you want to see what one looks like go to the Games Workshop site and look at the set of models they have for 'The Battle of the Five Armies' - there they have an imagined version of a design for the Stone Giants. In the adapted version of Tolkien's book, the Stone Giants look similar just they are depicted as being slightly larger.

Something with the size and strength to battle even Grond? :p It would have to be a part of the Goblin faction in SEE though, as there were only Goblins in the Hobbit...

Edited by Dr.Kirk, 11 July 2008 - 05:09 AM.

Posted Image
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can.

#46 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the reply Dr.Kirk, but aren't the Giants from TBFMEII supposed to be these guys? I recall one of the EA staff members stating something like that. But let's continue this discussion elsewhere (or just PM me), or this thread will get cluttered.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

Moved discussion HERE :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users