Sauron...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jonasking_*

Guest_Jonasking_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:18 AM

*Changing name of topic* /Naz

Cant you have some power for Sauron like Gandalf . Wen you buy him hes Annatar and wen he dies turns to Sauron with his armor etc etc . Its would be very cool to command and fight with Annatar . Or reverse , Sauron first , Annatar when he dies(Ofc you have to pick up the ring again...) .Or hes have a power , "change Sauron" or something like that :good: It was ment to be first in the movies(This is in the extended edition in the special futuers(spelling?) disc 2 ) It was ment to be in the films but they change it to the troll. And first a light comes , all one was blind accept Aragorn .An Aragorn sees Annatar wich transform to Sauron and attack him. PJ discribes this more in that DVD . Prove: Picture from the disc when you see the scene , but like a said it was removed for the troll. I post a photo tomorrow that Annatar had look in the film , if that scene should be in. Swwet dreams

Edited by Nazgûl, 28 August 2008 - 05:39 PM.

#2 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

Like this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Jonasking_*

Guest_Jonasking_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image

Like this?

Yes , exactly . Oh , I forgot to log in =/:good: Again...

#4 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

Shouldn't this be in the Mordor Suggestion thread?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Yes it should :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

WAIT thats sauron, BEFORE he goes evil OR before forges the ring Or before he dies? no hes pretty much ALIVE when he looses his finger.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#7 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

Before he got evil i think ,because in the movie you see how he has the ring for the first time,and he looks like later.

BTW sauron could be any creature he wanted to.Thats why the elves didnt recognise him when they forged his rings.

Edited by elbenmensch, 24 August 2008 - 05:14 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

but he had evil desires after all he learned how to forge a ring of power than made a ring of his own in secret that had the power to throw is influence on, and AFAIK i think its safe to say know ones what he would really look like now if he came back, i don't think he would have the same form as he did if he got revived, although he CAN change his appearance.

Its cause he's spliced with a 6 legged newt and ancient Voodoo powers damn it!

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

Could be a nice touch to expand Sauron in some way, and if so, this would be the way I guess. We'll see after 4.7...
For 4.8 I'm also aiming to realise something that will upset many and also make many excited, lol - the introduction of Morgoth as a summon beyond Balrog. But more on that matter later on :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

Before he got evil i think ,because in the movie you see how he has the ring for the first time,and he looks like later.

BTW sauron could be any creature he wanted to.Thats why the elves didnt recognise him when they forged his rings.

Actually, he lost that power just as his master Morgoth did. All Maiar who meddle in the fate of Arda lost this characteristical power of their "spiritual" nature, as they need to embody themselves to deal with embodied creatures of Arda and their intensions define their definitive body.

For example, the Istari are Maiar too and never changed their shape. Balrogs were lesser Maiar (lesser than the Istari and Sauron, I mean) and from the begining chosen only one shape because this way they gained more power when dealing with the "material" world. Same for Queen Melian, who lost the shape-changing ability and Morgoth himself, when he dispersed his immense power corrupting all Arda.

#11 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

Could be a nice touch to expand Sauron in some way, and if so, this would be the way I guess. We'll see after 4.7...
For 4.8 I'm also aiming to realise something that will upset many and also make many excited, lol - the introduction of Morgoth as a summon beyond Balrog. But more on that matter later on :p

:thumbsupsmiley:

And the Elves will get Tulkas or Manwë? And Ancalagon the Black for Moria? And Túrin for Men of the West? So we could play the Silmarillion instead. Kind of.

No offense intended, but I think including Morgoth is plainly wrong.

I thought you were using the books as your secondary source of inspiration after the movies...

Why not granting Sauron greater power for some time (faster, bigger, new powers). Or summon a host of Wraiths of Morgul? A demon Olog-hai (lesser evil Maia embodied in a giant troll shape)?

I think you don't need to do that, because there are plenty of other possible ideas which can work nicely staying true to Tolkien.

The more changes you make, the further you move your mod away from Middle earth. Wasn't that one of the reasons you started this mod?

I love your work so far and i would hate to see it becoming some sort of "cool mix" of Tolkien elements without internal coherence as EA has already done.

#12 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

Morgoth was always someone I was desperate to get control of! I say go for it but you def have to get a handle on what type of powers, I gather that he should be more powerful than Sauron. I was a bit disappointed with Saurons abilities ingame, seems like they didn't bother to invest much time in him as an expanded being in his own right :(

Then again this is the Lord Of The Rings and not The Silmarillion so perhaps trying to marry the two timelines would not be such a good idea in spite of how cool the idea sounds.

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 25 August 2008 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

...something that will upset many...

:thumbsupsmiley:

I'm not here to materialize Tolkiens books. This mod is intended to do a number of things, as stated many times. But since I have a few minutes, let's do it again:
1) "Realism" as far as possible, meaning fixing balance in a number of aspects (like the siege/unit issue).
2) "Movie looks", meaning using everything that can be referenced to in the movies, in form of skins, models and textures.
3) Living Middle Earth, using RJ Cam to open up a new perspective
4) Extend the content of this game/experience by adding a selection of units and whatnot. The source for this is:
#1 - the movies! (Like the Noldor Warriors for instance)
#2 - the books! (Like The Great Goblin for instance)
Number 2 does not mean however that I will always follow the lore. Thus the adding of "dead" heroes as I prefer known dead names before unknown made up "living" names. It's still a game, and I want it to be fun. Being able to summon Morgoth from the void for a little while is something no other mod has done so far (not that I care about THAT, but I just think it would be a cool feature and I'd like to have that). I know it's a "big step", but it should be rather fun too :p Ultimately, I don't do this mod for others, I do it for me, and whoever likes it is just a great bonus actually ;)

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 August 2008 - 10:09 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

Your mod, your rules... that's for sure.

But I think it's rather cool having the Great Goblin fighting against Dwarves or Elves because here we are speaking about late Third Age Heroes and your mod is for skirmish mode. So, that's make plenty of sense and it is perfectly coherent with the lore.

Now, I'm wondering if the evil guys can summon Morgoth... what will have the good guys instead?
I'm quite afraid of the answer... :p

#15 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:10 PM

Id really like it to play as Morgoth.Anyway the balrog still needs rework.

We dont need an opposite for morgoth on the good side,he shouldnt be too strong.

Or you make him extremely strong but only stays for a minute.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

You wouldn't be "playing as Morgoth". This would merely be a summon of great uncontrollable force, using a mixture of things. A large Sauron-ish model (following official art), summoned in a great haze of smoke, storm winds, "mist", debree flying around, lightning and whatnot and a blurry Morgoth model in the middle, causing devastating havoc. And this woould only be able as a summon for Sauron, using the Ring, and the lifespan would be very short with extremely long reload time...

But don't worry, this won't happen any time soon :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

Returning to the topic, Sauron was already evil when he disguised himself as Annatar to fool the Elven smiths of Eregion into forging the Rings of Power with his advices, but after, when he forged the One, he had no need of disguise anymore.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

And the Elves will get Tulkas or Manwë? And Ancalagon the Black for Moria? And Túrin for Men of the West? So we could play the Silmarillion instead. Kind of.EDIT:This was quoted from Arthadan,but it got wrong :p

It's just a cool thing,if you don't like don't use the power....

Edited by Jonasking, 28 August 2008 - 11:27 AM.

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

No, no other Maiar will appear. This is meant as a uber-cool extra feature and not something that will be exploited and over exposed :p

*changing name of topic*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 Bob_the_Balrog

Bob_the_Balrog
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

Well, I always thought that if Annatar were EVER to be included, I felt a great appearance would be to come out of the fort in a huge gust of pretty light as Annatar, then the light turns dark and smokey, and he turns into Sauron.

That could also be the entrance if he ever got the ability to teleport (you know, since he sorta teleported infront of his army in the deleted sequence in The Return of The King). Just a thought. :p

As for Morgoth, I thought that if there ever were an appearance, I think there would have to be requirements (HUGE ones). Like the following.

* All other Powers already bought.

* 100 power points.

* One whole minute of intense, crazy, awesome havoc.

* And to reset the timer, you would have to pay some more power points.

And when the timer runs out (or at the very VERY unlikely event that he actually gets beaten). A cool death could show him struggling as he gets sucked back into the void.

And to match good and evil, Manwë could be the match (It could also result in some really zippy duels between the two :blush: )

BTW, been awhile since I posted.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users