#1 WrathOfLust

WrathOfLust

Celsia9SS

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega,Robot Storm.
  •  Beta Tester/Sugester.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:55 PM

From what i know there is stil soem time before RS is released I thought we could come up for some exta game modes we would liek to see in RS (ex:infantry war,super war)

I was thinking "cold war"

The idea is that the players start without being able to build any units from their warfactory and they are not allowed to build defences.only unit avalable is harvester with its weapon disabled,only way to win is to spy your enemy and gain one of the impressive technolagical wonders RS has to offer and use it to wipe out your enemy.Player is also allowed a limited ammount of anti spy units such as dogs or whatever 2.0 might offer.but only a limit of 2 or 3.

This one is pretty much an online feature since i doubt AI can support it.

Another one is "air supremacy"

With N-Patches intersept feature were players can actualy target enemy air units with there own this is possible,Players are limited to Radar units such as Raptors,Bio fighters,kamikazies,mantas and other winged annoyances. The basic idea is to destroy enemy command center while keeping yours alive. The invisibility to radar feature that AL bombers have and mayby some others will be disabled in this one. you can use your attack fighters to intersept enemy bombers or even enemies fighters going after your bombes,depending on how well you have things planned or simply kill off enemy harvesters to ruin economy. If Command center is destroyed you of course lose. Each player will be allowed 10 anti air defence building with a limitt once the player build the 10 he is allowed the aa building will dissapear from build menu forever ( I learned this is actualy possible not so long ago :p)

This one is also just for multiplayer fun since u cant prevent AI from being a retard.

Well if you like the idea and would like to see it happen please do tell,and if you have idea of your own post away ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Fear My Kirovs!~

#2 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

Cold war logic is flawed.

Put dogs around your battle lab, instant stalemate.

Edited by PurpleChameleon, 27 January 2008 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image
Bored.

#3 WrathOfLust

WrathOfLust

Celsia9SS

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  Beta Tester/Sugester.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:18 AM

I did say limited to 2 or 3 dogs but mayby instead a dozen soldiers or something but then enemy can try and send thsoe guys at ur base XD i suppose if both players are limited to 12 sodiers ONLY then its better since players will have to look out for spyes them selves insteadof relying on auto dog things,also i forgot to mension taht in cold war walls are disabled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Fear My Kirovs!~

#4 Klausknegg

Klausknegg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

Technician Rush
------------------------------------

Players starts with a Technician, and must find crates with units or a MCV to defeat the enemy.

And also another one that may be fun:

Technician War
----------------------------------------
Players starts with at least 50 Technicians, and the last one surviving wins.

Edited by Klausknegg, 27 January 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

I was thinking "cold war"

The idea is that the players start without being able to build any units from their warfactory and they are not allowed to build defences.only unit avalable is harvester with its weapon disabled,only way to win is to spy your enemy and gain one of the impressive technolagical wonders RS has to offer and use it to wipe out your enemy.Player is also allowed a limited ammount of anti spy units such as dogs or whatever 2.0 might offer.but only a limit of 2 or 3.

This one is pretty much an online feature since i doubt AI can support it.

As well as being a bit naff as a gamemode I think this is impossible...

Another one is "air supremacy"

With N-Patches intersept feature were players can actualy target enemy air units with there own this is possible,Players are limited to Radar units such as Raptors,Bio fighters,kamikazies,mantas and other winged annoyances. The basic idea is to destroy enemy command center while keeping yours alive. The invisibility to radar feature that AL bombers have and mayby some others will be disabled in this one. you can use your attack fighters to intersept enemy bombers or even enemies fighters going after your bombes,depending on how well you have things planned or simply kill off enemy harvesters to ruin economy. If Command center is destroyed you of course lose. Each player will be allowed 10 anti air defence building with a limitt once the player build the 10 he is allowed the aa building will dissapear from build menu forever ( I learned this is actualy possible not so long ago ;))

This one is also just for multiplayer fun since u cant prevent AI from being a retard.

IMHO not the best gamemode. And yes, dogfight logic is implemented.

Technician Rush

Players starts with a Technician, and must find crates with units or a MCV to defeat the enemy.

Need it be a Technician? Just one unit and hunt for more ;) You'd be hunting forever tho for a good crate to help set you rolling. ;)

Technician War

Can you say "Bomber Rush"? :sad: :p

#6 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

The Ranking
~~~~~~~~

Players can mostly build only the most basic units (basic tank, basic infantry) and aircraft are disabled. The only way to get more powerful units is by allowing them to see combat (N-Patch Upgrade System). Anything that cannot be normally promoted (with nexus being the exception) can be built/trained as normal. eg, Attack Dogs, Spies...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#7 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

Technician Rush

Need it be a Technician? Just one unit and hunt for more ;) You'd be hunting forever tho for a good crate to help set you rolling. :p

Technician War

Can you say "Bomber Rush"? :) :p

Actually, you would not have bombers, just technicians (that's what I gathered).
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#8 WrathOfLust

WrathOfLust

Celsia9SS

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  Beta Tester/Sugester.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:02 AM

The Ranking
~~~~~~~~

Players can mostly build only the most basic units (basic tank, basic infantry) and aircraft are disabled. The only way to get more powerful units is by allowing them to see combat (N-Patch Upgrade System). Anything that cannot be normally promoted (with nexus being the exception) can be built/trained as normal. eg, Attack Dogs, Spies...

hmmm I like that its sorta like levelign up your units rpg style haha im not entirely sure if its possible. "yo dude check out my gatteling chrono prison tank" :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Fear My Kirovs!~

#9 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

The technician thing would be pointless since techs do 0 damage to all even despite firing...their only skill is being able to carjack afaik...

And I do quite like the level-up idea. It is possible to 'evolve' an inf into a better level inf, or a tank into a better level tank. So a marauder could become a fusion cannon which in turn could become a decimator...

Nexus might be a bit imba, tho. As might Osiris.

#10 Klausknegg

Klausknegg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

The technician thing would be pointless since techs do 0 damage to all even despite firing...their only skill is being able to carjack afaik...

And I do quite like the level-up idea. It is possible to 'evolve' an inf into a better level inf, or a tank into a better level tank. So a marauder could become a fusion cannon which in turn could become a decimator...

Nexus might be a bit imba, tho. As might Osiris.

Wow, can they really carjack? >.>

#11 Aro

Aro

Alcohol Fueled

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:Twisted Insurrection, TS: UMP, Evolution
  •  Beer Prophet
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Staff / News Poster

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Posted Image
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

#12 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

back on topic, some mode called like survival, where you survive swarms of enemy attacks or protect something until a certain time e.g. a experiment for instance.

of course the attacking player is AI but with good map scripting would be fun I think
Posted Image

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

AHAHA, that made me laugh.

And nearly spit beer on myself.

back on topic, some mode called like survival, where you survive swarms of enemy attacks or protect something until a certain time e.g. a experiment for instance.

of course the attacking player is AI but with good map scripting would be fun I think

That'd be more a bonus campaign rather than gamemode, wouldn't you say? :) Since skirmish/multiplayer gamemode would not offer win condition of 'having survived'... :)

#14 WrathOfLust

WrathOfLust

Celsia9SS

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  Beta Tester/Sugester.

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

This is more on Aro's department,iv player survival map back in MO when u start with a small base and ally, and every 5 minets 5 waves would appear on map and run for your base tryign to kill it,starting from your weakest infantry ending with elite appoc tanks. I gotta say it was alot of fun.A few different survival maps would be an awesome adition to any mod. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Fear My Kirovs!~

#15 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image

AHAHA, that made me laugh.

And nearly spit beer on myself.

That'd be more a bonus campaign rather than gamemode, wouldn't you say? :) Since skirmish/multiplayer gamemode would not offer win condition of 'having survived'... :)

Lol its easy in regards to map coding (well relatively)

- building on border of map [i.e. cannot be seen] (which can't be sold but is significant)
- ai starting stuff dies but ai is still alive as building on edge of map is still there
- timer appears with countdown
- spawn endless ai crap
- when timer reaches 0, destroy everything enemy

then you have a survival map

its only possible in YR though thanks to the change house <player a> (player means start position) thingy or whatever it called (its on that map where you start with nuclear reactors - ground zero)

As Aro would say: (msn convo)

the idea for RS gamemode is to simple have a group of human players in one spot, and two ai's in another, while they have a huge base each, they will also have tonnes of units swarming in. It'll be epic
Posted Image

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

Fair enough. I concede the point. :thumbsupsmiley: Does sound like a cool idea I will say :sad2:

#17 Aro

Aro

Alcohol Fueled

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:Twisted Insurrection, TS: UMP, Evolution
  •  Beer Prophet
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Staff / News Poster

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

It's really a simple thing to do. I can make such a map in about 2 hours flat. I'll make a few of these maps for RS if you wish, it depends on what everyone thinks; AG And I really like the idea for instance. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Aro, 29 January 2008 - 05:01 PM.

Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

#18 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:18 PM

Would be great to have custom survival maps for RS ;)
Posted Image

#19 WrathOfLust

WrathOfLust

Celsia9SS

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  Beta Tester/Sugester.

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Well im both thumbs up :p ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Fear My Kirovs!~

#20 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

I had the same idea with ranking.
-Career mode: Start with basic units (basic soldier, basic tank, basic vessel + few special units like miner or engi).
This can be done through NPatch NextStage system.
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users