REL - Zarkis AI for PR BETA

84 replies to this topic

#41 Timius

Timius
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:33 AM

Did I miss something here or what

I'll bet money you didn't re-install the FoC 1.1 patch.

I did the Golans range increase the long way to.. each one seperately, i wasn't sure if i could get different ranges for different stations and different hardpoints (the torps) by just replacing all the values at once. But yeah took me about 30 minutes as well... had almost lost the will to live near the end, gives you just a small indication of the amount of work that has gone in to each and every ship with all the new hardpoints :-)

#42 GrandAdmiralVance

GrandAdmiralVance
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:35 AM

ok man, do you have the foc patch, is the mod folder in the foc directry

did you do a fresh intsall of pr before replacing the data file

#43 RICON

RICON
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

I unistalled and reinstalled everything and it worked fine so who knows maybe a deleted something while i was in the XMLs

Edited by RICON, 01 March 2008 - 02:12 PM.

#44 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

Zarkis, how's progress (of course if you still work on the project)? I'm especially interested in increasing offensive capabilities you mentioned, as far too often rebel capships hover over my planets without attacking them on land...

#45 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

Any news?

#46 Zarkis

Zarkis
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

I released v0.6 available from the first post. Fixed some bugs and enhanced some features like the shipbuilding of the AI. Have fun!

#47 clone1051

clone1051
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Projects:Empire Reborn Mod Leader

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

I think the latest one might be corrupted or something. It is the correct size but it won't unzip. It says it is unzipping the file but a new folder is not created.
EN Neyo/Aurek Science Officer/ISD Chimeara/Imperial Navy

Leader of the Empire Reborn Mod
http://www.freewebs.com/ermod

Join the Empire today!
http://www.empirereborn.net/

#48 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

Downloaded fine for me. Installing it now.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#49 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Edit: this first part actually didn't happen

The AI builds WAAY too fast. And They get they're heroes back. I killed Tyco celchu and they had him back in his ISD in under a week. So do WE get heroes back too? And on top of that, they had Garm back in literally a second. I am not Joking.

Edited by Ba Boracus, 26 April 2008 - 12:22 AM.

#50 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

Question: did you do modify anything else in building file? I like 1 building per type per planet idea. Or, in other words, what to do to keep 1 building per planet (an easy way, as I know how to edit :p - will the previous version work? )

#51 Zarkis

Zarkis
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

Question: did you do modify anything else in building file? I like 1 building per type per planet idea. Or, in other words, what to do to keep 1 building per planet (an easy way, as I know how to edit :xd: - will the previous version work? )

Go into specialstructures.xml and look for: <Build_Max_Instances_Per_Planet> 2 </Build_Max_Instances_Per_Planet>. Change it to 1.

The AI builds WAAY too fast. And They get they're heroes back. I killed Tyco celchu and they had him back in his ISD in under a week. So do WE get heroes back too? And on top of that, they had Garm back in literally a second. I am not Joking.

My mod isn't causing this. All heroes have a lifetime limit of one and proper build times. Here are the stats for Garm Bel Iblis:

<HeroCompany Name="Garm_Bel_Iblis_Team">
<Build_Cost_Credits>20000</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Time_Seconds>60</Build_Time_Seconds>
<Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>1</Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>
<Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>1</Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>

#52 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

Question: did you do modify anything else in building file? I like 1 building per type per planet idea. Or, in other words, what to do to keep 1 building per planet (an easy way, as I know how to edit :p - will the previous version work? )

Go into specialstructures.xml and look for: <Build_Max_Instances_Per_Planet> 2 </Build_Max_Instances_Per_Planet>. Change it to 1.

Thanks a lot, done :xd:

BTW, thanks for an idea to limit buildings to one/planet. The game gained much through this :)

#53 Guest_Kadorak_*

Guest_Kadorak_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:45 PM

Zarkis, I would like to let you know that I love you.

Thank you for all your work! It's made an already high-quality mod twice as good, since it's basically played against the AI and (once you're done playing with the toys) lives or dies based on if the AI can play a good game.

#54 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

Zarkis, I would like to let you know that I love you.

Lol

#55 A1Dasdfsdkli4r2

A1Dasdfsdkli4r2
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

Al that Crap above hasn't happened with the Empire on Core Worlds. They have actually only used fleet commanders at me. They haven't sent vader or mara after me,
(They haven't used Tagge because the AI can't beat me in space battles :) ), but they use the crap out of smugglers. if a smuggler is on your shipping planetn(the one where you put your crapload of GR-82's or Action IV) it can drain you a good 3,000 creditis if your not careful. Also the AI doesn't seem interested in upgrading past level 2 on anything. Still damn good job of getting it to upgrade to begin With!

#56 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:30 AM

Zarkis, do you ever play Imperials? I'm asking because it seems that Rebel-AI still uses Independence-class ships in huge numbers. I've tried to play MidRim campaign, and they build them almost as fast as I destroy them :) Could you make them less common?

Also, could I use your mod in my modding project?PR Enhanced

#57 Grimlock

Grimlock
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

Everytime I try to download the file it says
The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

#58 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Everytime I try to download the file it says
The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

You need to validate your email first.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#59 the drazz

the drazz
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:55 AM

Great work on the new AI, the only problem I seem to have with it is that the enemy doesnt use huge fleets, and instead uses one or two dreadnoughts to harrass areas of low force concentration, which after a while gets old. I put building limits on the dreadnoughts which seemed to help a little, but Is there a way we can make it to where the enemy concentrates its resources into larger fleets?

#60 keraunos

keraunos

Dominus et Deuculus

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:23 PM

It depends who you're plaing as. As it is now, Zarkis seems to be focused on playing Rebels. I don't know if he touched Rebel AI, yet they still keep coming with Independences :( On the other hands, many players reports that they face huge numbers of ISDs, so this side looks ok. I might try to do something with Rebels tonight...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users