#161 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

This is when I beat hunter, all are free to analyze. Please give us a few pointers as to how we can better our playing.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#162 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

Just played a very action-packed game with Tele. Really worth a watch.
End-screenie

Replay

Basicly, Tele almost destroyed me early game. However, I managed to get a few spearmen out, and they were able to hold his knights at bay. This went on for at least half an hour. I was start to rebuild, he would destroy it again, but my spearmen, with the eventuall help of Avari, then eagles, then ents, and finally Mist, continued to hold the line. I slowly regained my strength, and I beat back his attacks with greater ease. Even Gandalf was not enough to stop my high-level spearmen, one of which ended up at level 10. At this point he had to go. And here the tide was finally turning :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#163 camjam_2012

camjam_2012
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

I would love to if i have time! I haven't played online in forever. :D

#164 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

And here is an even more action-packed game with Tele, if that's possible.

Screenie:
Attached File  sshot0017.bmp   2.25MB   70 downloads

Replay:
Attached File  ElvenVs.Tele_Awesome.zip   120.35KB   45 downloads

I was elves, he gondor.
We were very evenly matched for most of the game. I couldn't break through his defenses, nor him through mine. There were multiple sorties on both sides, resulting is numerous casualties. Including his Gandalf many times :thumbsupsmiley:
Eventully, however, I was able to break into his castle, marking the beginning of the end. He valiantly fought on, but eventully succumbed to my sheer elven power, numbers, and tactics. Overall, a game worth watching over and over again :wink_new:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#165 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

It's because I played stupid early game. If I raided your resources, you wouldn't have been able to get stables and I would have destroyed you early game. I had only played a game the other day, but before that, I hadn't played in about a month or so.

And I think you forgot that I rebuilt my castle after it was destroyed :p.

Anyways, what needs fixing about my strategy isn't my economy and how I defend it. My economies don't need to change. What does is what units I buy. Any suggestions?

Edited by King Telemnar, 13 January 2009 - 03:47 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#166 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

It's because I played stupid early game. If I raided your resources, you wouldn't have been able to get stables and I would have destroyed you early game. I had only played a game the other day, but before that, I hadn't played in about a month or so.

And I think you forgot that I rebuilt my castle after it was destroyed :).

Anyways, what needs fixing about my strategy isn't my economy and how I defend it. My economies don't need to change. What does is what units I buy. Any suggestions?

Stables? It was the barracks that won me the game :crazed:
Except that one batt of Riders. Freakin' Level 10. They must have killed Gandy, what, 3-4 times? :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#167 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

And I think you forgot that I rebuilt my castle after it was destroyed :crazed: .

What units did u get?
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#168 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

Why not watch it? I got a crapload of fu knights, Fara and Gandy the White. He spammed fu Havens peeps.

Edited by King Telemnar, 14 January 2009 - 03:46 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#169 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

Plus mass flets. That was a rather good move on my part, I believe. Getting an early flet really helped.

And yes, watch it dojob. It's EPIC! :crazed:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#170 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Nice game! I didn't have time to finish it though :(

Who else thinks flets are ridiculously overpriced? I never realised they cost so much, without walls they should be 200 max :/

Here's what I thought;

Elvenlord, you had much better micro, but your strat put you behind, especially early game. You need way more orchards up faster, inbetween your scouts. Probably start with an orchard and a lookoutpost, so you can get going faster. I would go for a minimum of 4 inside resource buildings before your next production building, either stable or barracks, because then you settle your economy more. Also watch the base layout, build your first buildings close together, so they are all covered by one flet. And you probably should have sold your lookout tower, so you can get more resource buildings. And remember to sell your armoury after you buy the upgrades. In your second camp, statues don't stack LD :wink_new:

I would also say get some more heros for LD later on, and mix in some galadrim faster to help pwn his horse :xcahik_:

As for Gondor (my speciality :crazed:)
When you go for horse, the purpose of them is to harras (check my replays). Always keep them moving and attacking farms. Avoid archers at all costs untill you have either shields or armour. Vs elves I suggest you get armour first, because elven buildings don't give PP, so I like to try and pick off his scouts for the PP for GtW then base rush a bit later. Your micro needs a lot of work. You always run through pikes/group your horse/fight when you can't win. Common sense comes first, as in run around pikes, not through them. Then map awareness, being constantly aware of where all your knights are, and any potential threat to them <--(this is much harder to grasp). Late game never go for so much knights. Three is ok if you're unsure of your micro. The most important unit you overlooked was trebs. Elves have no siege, so a well guarded army of 3-4 trebs with fire stones, guarded by towerguardes and possibly some combos (you need archers when he gets eagles) are really hard for elves to counter.

#171 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

450 for flets are a bit steep. 200 might be too little though. They are fairly strong. 300 should be about right.

As for the tips too me.......
My strat is actually faster than every other elven strat I've played agaisnt, I always get the first knight or spearmen batt out, which gives me a huge advantage because the elven units are so strong. I may cut down the amount of scouts I get agiasnt Gondor though.
I've actually been working on my base layout and remembering to sell unneeded buildings :wink_new:
Statues help out for cheaper heros, though..... :crazed:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#172 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

Well we discussed it a bit after I posted :wink_new:

I still aren't convinced, because you can't spam units afterwards.

As for flets, 300 again is a lot in early mid game, just to force a horse not to come to your base. Maybe reduce their effectiveness without scouts in then. 200 + 200 for the scout is a fair price for a good tower.

#173 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

Well we discussed it a bit after I posted :xcahik_:

I still aren't convinced, because you can't spam units afterwards.

As for flets, 300 again is a lot in early mid game, just to force a horse not to come to your base. Maybe reduce their effectiveness without scouts in then. 200 + 200 for the scout is a fair price for a good tower.

Shush you. Don't reveal trade secrets :crazed:

Actually, yeah you can if you do it right. Getting 3-4 creeps early allows you to do about anything. Or at least spam by elven standards :wink_new:

Well, they're roughly as strong as towers or keeps for gondor, and those cost 800..........

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#174 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

Played Tele again, this time he tried Rohan. Did not work. At all. I got map control in a matter of minutes.
Replay available, but alas, I forgot to take the screenshot :good:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#175 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

I hate Rohan... and I hate you... YOU WILL DIE SOMEDAY.... I SWEAR IT!!!
I'm creeping, not gone.

#176 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

Fene has beaten me. Many times. adummy actually has once or twice as well.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#177 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

I nearly beat you once, but you lagged out. I forgot to save the replay, but it was that one time in Dunharrow.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#178 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

Dunharrow? You didn't have a chance. I already had a couple flets and 4 batts of knights.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#179 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

I'm on the night ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#180 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

I'm learning to use the Elves now... I've studied your tactics and have applied them to my way of combat... I now may be able to actually stand a chance for a little against you at your own game... I like archers, now, though. Shame Gondor isn't given any. They need some elite swordsmen and elite archers.

Rob38, if you are reading this, please add footmen and knights of Dol Amroth to Gondor and MAKE THEM GOOD PLEASE. Reducing the cost of the Ithilien rangers may also be smart.
I'm creeping, not gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users