#1 Dr.Kirk

Dr.Kirk
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:SEE - one mod to rule them all

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:23 AM

*Made into new topic* /Naz

Oh and also...

I'm sorry I have to do this but... SPEED UP THE BUILD TIMES PLEASE!!!!!!!!! That or can you tell me how to code them to be shorter...

Just to say, I would do, but a) you'd have to know what you were looking for first, b) it ruins the realism of the game, c) I don't like explaining how to do things, I just like to do them and smile at the satisfaction it gives others and d) I LIKE the lengthy build times, gives me time to ponder over what I'm going to do next while I sit back and watch stuff getting built for me! To be frank, I'd like to see you build a stone wall in ten seconds, even WITH the greatest tools of Numenor! :p

In the grand scheme of things slow build times don't exactly matter, just as long as the mod is cinematic, accurate to the films, realistic and fun to play...

Edited by Nazgûl, 26 July 2008 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can.

#2 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:42 AM

Film accuracy should only be taken into a mod when the books fail to state something, in my opinion.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#3 Dr.Kirk

Dr.Kirk
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:SEE - one mod to rule them all

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:25 AM

mm... yes and no.

Yes, because I would agree with you on your opinion if it had been put forward in any other circumstances...
...and no because this entire point of this mod is supposed to be film accuracy! :p

Edited by Dr.Kirk, 11 July 2008 - 06:26 AM.

Posted Image
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can.

#4 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Well, there aren't that many big differences from the movies and films. One thing I'm glad the movies didn't implement is the fact that Elven armour was probably meant to look a bit... different than in the movies. And the armour of some other nations. Some bad things about the movie- Eomer was arrested and set free, only to go with Aragorn, Theoden, etc. to Helm's Deep, and defend it, not reinforce it. Another was Haldir. It wasn't said that he lead the Elves to Helm's Deep (though it is fully possible) and that he didn't die. If someone of his importance died, it would have been mentioned. Also, AotD didn't show up at Minas Tirith, they only broke the siege of Pelargir. Those are most of the major differences. I like the movies though. Jackson did a good job directing them. But this isn't a place for this stuff. This is more fitting for The Green Dragon.
At any rate, I don't really care. I like mods or games that not only take great amounts of lore and balance (that is why I don't play base game) but also have good stories, skins, and certain things that make them unique. This mod has most of them and is by far the best mod for BFME II. I rated it 5 stars in T3A (but a lot of other mods are just as good).

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 11 July 2008 - 09:57 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

From original post HERE, before I split this thread...

If this is the case with the Giants, I'd be happy to reskin them into Stone Giants since that would give yet another unique look in this mod (and also a correct one). Remember, what the movies don't show, the books should, for this mod :p

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 July 2008 - 05:36 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Well Crazy....
It's good you know so much about the difference between the books and movies :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

Especially since I haven't read them in like a decade... This is useful indeed =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

Uhm, I was being sarcastic... :p
The only thing he got right was this;

Also, AotD didn't show up at Minas Tirith, they only broke the siege of Pelargir.

The rest...

Some bad things about the movie- Eomer was arrested and set free, only to go with Aragorn, Theoden, etc. to Helm's Deep, and defend it, not reinforce it.

Should be books..

Another was Haldir. It wasn't said that he lead the Elves to Helm's Deep (though it is fully possible) and that he didn't die. If someone of his importance died, it would have been mentioned.

Elves never went to Helm's Deep, and Haldir does not have any real mention besides leading the fellowship into the heart of Lothlorien.. He is not important at all, yet Jackson made him look like a lesser-important hero :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Oooh... lol *staying out of discussion*
I was merely talking about the Stone Giants really... :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

This is a movie mod, isn't it? So...shouldn't it follow the movies? :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

Isn't that what we're talking about? ;p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

Well, they were saying it should follow the books :p And since it's a movie mod, that doesn't make the most sense :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

...Remember, what the movies don't show, the books should, for this mod :blink:

:p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

Oops :p I was referring to this, which is the opposite.

Film accuracy should only be taken into a mod when the books fail to state something, in my opinion.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:32 AM

lol, this thread is going way off topic (kind off), but I'm glad we're on the same page now :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

um,well,its good this sticks to the movie kinda.In the book,pippin owns a troll.Is that something we could believe?Its better if Aragorn fights The Troll,rather than Pippin.The movie gives more action,which is why i like the mod trusting in the movie.And about the build times,it doesn't take 15 seconds to build a unit at a level 3 barracks in real life,now does it?
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

Thank you for being one of the few that take the time to say something positive about build times :blush:
Most ppl that are happy about something never say anything, and only the nei-sayers can be heard, and I'm so sick of them complaining about build times :xcahik_: You seem to understand why the buildtimes in SEE is much longer than retail game or other mods. Good! =)

I also agree with the Pippin/Aragorn/Troll thing, and that is one of the things I like with Jackson; he took something great and did something equally great while visualizing it.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

thank you :xcahik_:
also,i think its right for the Mollock thing.it has accuracy to film,because i think you will make him look like the film.as for the name,the movie and the books both fail to state the name,so i think we can make up names?

About Film Accuracy:
bfme2 is all about strategy and action.The Book does not have action,and PJ took the book and changed it into an all fighting movie
as for strategy,the film shows nice strategies(the elves giving volleys,the rohirrim coming and trampling)in the book,at helms deep,it does not really state much volleys,it just basically kind of shows gimli running around talking about khazad and slashing orcs to bits, and aragorn and legolas worrying about gimli.as for the theoden fighting haradrim in the book,they changed it that eomer kills the chieftain.its better,because we want to see the haradrim as mumakil riders,and theoden is not much of a fan of the spear,and we know swords are not usually thrown,now are they?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 *Ranger*

*Ranger*
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

Hi. I had to sign up just to say how good this mod is. The battles are brillitant and my favorite part is the seiges, i love the changes to the buildings and the walls, im not a huge fan of the build times but it seems pointless to quickly build up an army just to have them salughtered so i can live with it. Its brilliant thanks.

#20 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

Welcome to Revora!It is nice to hear you are doing good with the SEE modification. :p

and Nazgul,you do know that SEE is supposed to stay to action,so the film is shown in there?

Edit:accidentally pressed on 'Enter' when i did not finish post.

Edited by SovietSoldier, 04 August 2008 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users