Photo

Contra 006 Released

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:50 AM

How to change the view angle like vanilla ZH? 'Cause contra's view angle is too near and not changeable.

#62 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

With the bandwidth issue, I have uploaded the Contra006Release.exe file on Megaupload, so use this link right now!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4RUVZ0ZW

Thanks. I've added it to mirror list.

I have german zh version and everything changed to english but thats okay thats because of the english translation and english csf I think.
I can also choose Robots General and all...but nothing changed. Absolutely nothing.
The shell map is also vanilla.
So besides the text and descriptions nothing changed. Even no new unit thumbnails...
Wtf is wrong? :/ I cant solve it...

Strange. Very strange. Try to copy game.dat from your Zero Hour to Contra. Maybe it will solve the problem.

How to change the view angle like vanilla ZH? 'Cause contra's view angle is too near and not changeable.

Was it changable in vanilla ZH?

#63 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

ugh i hate starting with 10k. and then i cant even change it!!! augh

#64 Guest_Tactical_person_*

Guest_Tactical_person_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:31 PM

I hope you put the view further out, its a lot eaiser to play that way.

#65 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

What a wonderful news this is. Yayyyy....
I'll download it as soon as I have free-time at home.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#66 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

[quote name='Creator' date='Aug 4 2008, 08:55 AM' post='618225']
Was it changable in vanilla ZH?

Maybe the word is not proper. I mean the far and near view angle.

BTW, how to cancel the rank system? Maybe you can make it like WH40K or WC3, you upgrade the command center , and you can move to the next rank of science system. It is another way to get to the purpose of the rank system.

#67 xenomorph

xenomorph
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Projects:becoming the ruler of all
  •  this is not red txt ???

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

after a couple of days playing i thought that 10k is perhaps a bit less starting money and when playing the nuke gen i noticed i couldndt see all the nukes from the storm because it didndt fit in my screen perhaps change both for newer version its just a thought any way i played all the gens and they are fckn sweet dude keep em coming ;)

beyond the eternal pleasure of war, when the dead rule and the living die, and the pain of destruction has reigned. when skulls are crushed under the threads of heavy metal. when this time comes i shall arise and rule you all HAIL TO THE KING. praise all forms of xeno for they inherit the future

#68 Red Alpha

Red Alpha
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

SWEET! Now i remember why i stick to this mod, shockwave might be cool and with generals challenges but now Contra 6 is here i can't wait to instal it instead of SW! this is going to be fun!

did the challenges make it into this release or has that been taken out for 007? not that it would matter with skirmish and online but i haven't read about it in a while

#69 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

Challenge mode is available in 006

#70 Kossumies6

Kossumies6
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

I have downloaded and tried contra 006 and so far, it has been pretty darn awsome! :p
I love the new efects, skins and unit voices. Now the game is even more overkill than before.

But still it has been a slight disappointment because of two things:
1. The speed is waaaaaaaay too fast!!!! It was already a bit too fast in contra 005 but now it's even faster. :crazed:
The speed really needs to be reduced or at least, changeable in multiplayer games.

2. The fixed money is a bit annoying. 10k to humans and 20k to AI? It would have been nice if there would have been options for a bit higher starting funds. Personally, I can easily manage with just 10k but my friend who plays contra too really hates to play with so little starting funds.

But I have to say, if you could/would fix these, conra 006 would be perfect. :p

Edited by Kossumies6, 06 August 2008 - 08:41 AM.

#71 Guest_Apollo F-117_*

Guest_Apollo F-117_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Will Contra be 007 then? :crazed:
Because I have a couple of ideas to the new vehicles and a couple of buildings :p

#72 Guest_Asholibus_and_Friend_*

Guest_Asholibus_and_Friend_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

A Big Thanks from me and my friend next to me, we are playing in Lan and we have to say its f*cking FUNNY. :rolleyes: :p
Thank you Contra Team, and greetings from Germany ^_^ ! :crazed:

Asholibus and Razor2143

#73 Guest_zizin_*

Guest_zizin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

thank you :-)

#74 Guest_Oskem_*

Guest_Oskem_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Thanx a lot creator for the mod but I think version 006 has some great disadvantages from 005.

First of all starting 10k cash is a little bit annoying for me although insane enemy can be defeated.

But the great disadvantage is the power of the superweapons or the "King" tanks (except China-Tank). I really found the superweapons useless!!! It is really very difficult to destroy even one building with Particle Cannon or Nuclear Missile or Scud Storm!
My point is we have to wait too long to achive 5 starts General and to start building the superweapons for what??!?
Also bombardments should made more more damage!
For the rest of this version I can say that it is impressive!

Thanx for your time!

#75 Guest_GuestWT_*

Guest_GuestWT_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:42 AM

how do i capture enemy's command center building ? even china black lotus can't capture it :(

#76 tenma91

tenma91
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:15 AM

how do i capture enemy's command center building ? even china black lotus can't capture it :(

You can not. It is not allowed in contra.

#77 Guest_Guest_defence master_*_*

Guest_Guest_defence master_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

key pad

8 is zoom in
4 is angle to left 5 is defult 6 is angle right
2 is zoom out

this is how u change it
does this help?

#78 Legend_28

Legend_28
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Projects:Making Maps.
  •  Loyal Fan to Contra!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

Hey creator!

I must say i missed Contra and was waiting for it a long time to arrive, now it has i cant stop playing it!!!!
I really do enjoy this mod, if has something the others dont ;)
tank you very much :)

( @ above, or you can hold in the scroll wheelse on your mouse and move it ;))

Edited by Legend_28, 10 August 2008 - 07:58 PM.

- Regards Jamie

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo, (2 CPU's) @ 2.66 Ghz
2048 MB Ram
NVIDIA 8300GS with 512 MB video Ram
19" Wide Screen TFT

- That's why i just own!

#79 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

With GLA Demo, only the sneak attack I have found actually shows up in the special powers tab when selected, I have tryed sneak attack and the others but none showing up in command centre or special box...

#80 Bloodcurse

Bloodcurse
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

With GLA Demo, only the sneak attack I have found actually shows up in the special powers tab when selected, I have tryed sneak attack and the others but none showing up in command centre or special box...

you know you have to build a command center truck right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users