S.E.E. Campaign?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

Hello I am zach and have been talking to Nazgul about joining. A friend of mine, Lelegy has a awesome idea for a singleplayer campaign and I believe we will become part of the team soon.

I will fully introduce myself later, I have a class to go to now.

*Edited Topic name* /Naz

Edited by Nazgûl, 31 January 2009 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

Sounds cool, but...

What's Nazgul reaction on this? Has he agreed to let you join or do you just think he'll agree?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

We've talked over PM about this...
The initial plan was to "let" (read: greatfully accept the offer from) Robnkarla to help us (me) setup the SEE Campaign in the future. However - two things...

1) Robnkarla is swamped in work on his own mod RJ, and I hate to ask him any more favours as he's done a lot for SEE already. This would be the final thing I'd ever "expect" from him though, but even that is almost too much to expect =p

2) The offer from Zach and his friend (the coder), is a different one. Initally they asked for assets from SEE, but considering that most models in SEE are donations, I can't give them to a third party. Instead I had an idea - why not do the campaign for SEE and thus have FULL access to ALL assets in SEE. That way I'd save a lot of future work, as well as having to ask Robnkarla (even though we sorta talked about it several times and he offered to do it). But who knows when Rob will have time for that. AND these guys wouldn't have to chase around the modding world for donations to fit their idea (which is right up there along with mine); movie looks and feeling > living the movies! :p

So yeah, assuming that we agree, they're both welcome to join the team, specialized in the SEE Campaign =)

Besides, the "manuscript" from these guys follow the movies in almost each and every frame ;) Their plan is to mix a lot of rendered cinematic action with the actual game play. It all sounds very nice and most fitting for the concept of SEE.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Sounds awesome! Are there any examples of their work?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

That's what I'm waiting for. As soon as they can testify (show/demo) what they can do, and if it's up to even half the standard they speak of, hehe - they're in! ;) Guess that would be a new team position like "Head of Campaign", "Campaign Coder", "Campaign Developer" or something like that :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Well Lelegy should be Head of Campaign. I am more of his assistant. :p

I was gunna do all the models, but I learned I am not a great modeler. :( So I turned to trying to find a modeler/models and now I am here. :p

Lelegy would do the coding required for everything and most likey all the maps we will need. I will do any of the maps he asks me to do though. I will assist with the cinematics and loading screens. I was gunna work on a webpage, but now that we are most likely joining S.E.E. then that does not need to be done.

Also the lotr movies are great, but they dont cover everything, So I had this idea. For some of the cinematic/loading screens we cold use lotro. This would most likely be for loading screens in campaign and maybe in skirmish the little box the the left that most mappers never put an image in we could use a lotro screenshot.

Edited by zachrb, 04 September 2008 - 07:45 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

*Deleted some useless nonsens* :p

I'll be here when you're ready to show something :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:17 PM

Well in addition to Lelegy's campaign idea, i had an idea for skirmish.

How about the addition of a scout type unit. Lotr was pretty big on scouts; Legolas always scouting ahead, rohirrim sending scouts, uruk-hai scouts, etc.

For men we could have Dunedain Rangers(the ones clocked in green, better than the stupid ithilien rangers), for dwarves a dwarf hunter (carries a bow), mordor ORC SNUFFERS (like the one that went searching for Frodo with 2 Uruk-hai in Mordor), ETC....

They would come out as a single unit like berserkers. Low HP, but all have stealth ability and are much faster than their counterparts. Imagine setting up real ambushes for once, like Faramir's!!!!

Edited by zachrb, 05 September 2008 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

This belongs in Development section and general open suggestions :p
Will move this later =P

Some answers though:
- Ithilien are green... Dunedain are gray (grey?)
- Faramir is the head of Ithilien Rangers, not Dunedain =p

The topic of scouts have been around before. And basically, you could say they're already in. Many units can be used as scouts by human hand. There's no way to code the AI to use them like that though.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#10 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

On the coloring = my bad.

The faramir one:What I meant by that was wouldnt it be awesome to set up an ambush like Faramir's rangers did in the movies(when they capture sam & frodo).

My idea of scouts was more of a special unit. First they have camo making them hard to see, then they dont have a big battalion so this makes them more stealthy, then add faster run speeds. Ex: Dunedain would be much faster than all of motw's of troops besides cavalry. They have reduced HP though, so if they are found they die rather easy.

Posted Image

#11 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

I ambush my enemy in every game,not hard.But this is going to much OT,wasen't this thread about campaign? :p But really good to hear about this,and when can we S.E.E it?Beta V?! :p

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, please stay on topic, or use this thread for open faction suggestions: HERE! :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 zachrb

zachrb
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Sorry. HEHE . Just posting our mods other ideas. :p

Posted Image

#14 Trithalol

Trithalol
  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

SEE mod campaign would be perfect!! :p

#15 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

Indeed, but this topic seems dead already. I have not heard from these guys since last post...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#16 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:13 AM

Hey there Naz, I just wanted to say that if you needed like a script for a campaign (follows the movies obviously, but also added with stuff from beyond them) I could write one :p I've never really mapped before on any game, I've coded for some games, but that's it for modding experience for me. :p
However, I love writing stuff (including stories :D ) and I think I could really make something good for a campaign.....if you can get a mapper hehe. I'm not so useful otherwise :D

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

I do have a mapper - one of the best from T3A, in NJM :D
However, mostly I need a Coder of higher skills than me. If I'd illustrate it in numbers, it'd be something like this: I'm about a 6 out of 10, and I pretty much need a Coder of the 9th level or above. We used to have a Coder of the "12th" level, but unfortionately he left the team last spring =/ There's another one of his skills, but he's missing atm due to family issues. So, coding wise, I'm pretty much alone, even though I have a fantastic team of Modelers. So producing assets is not a problem at all. It's the coding that sets limits nowadays. I'm a decent coder, but not a high level coder. We need that for the campaign...

Should we get there, you'd be welcome to give suggestions for the Evil campaign, as the Good is pretty much set by the movies =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

Hey again, sorry I disappeared; I went on a one-week camp the day after I posted and I forgot to tell you. Sorry about that. Good thing is something came up and I only went for four days :crazed:

Anyways, I fully understand that. I've never coded for the BFME games before, but I'd love to help if I learned hehe.

As for the Evil campgain, give me a few minutes and I can come up with a general script, and give me an hour or a few and I'll have all the details. :xcahik_: I realize it may never be used if another coder doesnt sshow up, but it's really my pleasure, as I love writing :blush:

I hope it helps!

#19 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:40 AM

Evil Campaign
1. Scouring of the Shire (Black Riders)
2. Weathertop (Black Riders)
3. Rise of Isengard (Saruman and Uruk-hai and Orcs)
4. Burning of Fangorn Forest (Uruk-hai and Orcs)
5. Fires of Doom (Massive Goblin (Moria) army, Balrog(duel-Gandalf gets reborn later)
6. Skirmish at Amon Hen (Lurtz and Uruk-hai)
7. Siege of Helms Deep (Uruk-hai-massive army)
8. Battle of Edoras (Uruk-hai-smaller army)
9. Terror in Ithilien (Haradrim)
10. Destruction of Osgiliath (Witch-King and the Nazgul and Gothmog and massive Orc-army)
11. Finding of the Ring (Takes place in Shelob’s Lair; Ugluk, Black Uruks, Orcs)
12. Fall of Man (Takes place in Minas Tirith; massive Orc-army and massive Uruk-hai army with Grond spawned late in mission, Witch-King and the Nazgul, Gothmog, Saruman, Lurtz, etc, etc)
13. Dominion of Middle-Earth (Final mission just for fun; all units and heroes aside from the Moria faction (except for the Balrog) including Sauron attack Rivendell or some other random place :blush: )
14. Credits
And there you go :crazed: I hope that helps! I’ll have the full details later.....now if only this will get published LOL

#20 Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*

Guest_aNaRcHiSt44_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:35 AM

Woah sorry it took over half an hour to write the other post; I was doing other stuff as well because I only got back about two hours ago.
Evil Campaign
1. Scouring of the Shire (Black Riders)
Introduction to the SEE mod, you try to find the ‘Baggins’, and thus you run around with several of the Black Riders (how many; I forgot XD), killing any opposing hobbits, except for some ‘neutral’ hobbits that give you directions (block of the corresponding section of the map ‘till you see them). Basically just getting the player into the story.
2. Weathertop (Black Riders)
Continuation of the pursuit of Frodo, you get several of the Black Riders (including an unnamed Witch-King) and you must fight off Aragorn and the three other hobbits; finish the mission after ‘defeating’ them and get one of the Black Riders to use the Morgul Blade ability (make all level 1 except for ‘the witch-king’) on a now appearing Frodo.
3. Rise of Isengard (Saruman and Uruk-hai and Orcs)
Beginning of Saruman’s hordes; chop down trees and corrupt the land surrounding Orthanc as you create the first Uruk-hai, then fight off the army of Rohan (very similar to BFME1 counerpart)
4. Burning of Fangorn Forest (Uruk-hai and Orcs)
Exactly the same as BFME1 counterpart, except no Saruman and player gets lots of Orcs.
5. Fires of Doom (Massive Goblin (Moria) army, Balrog(duel-Gandalf gets reborn later)
The player finds themselves using the Goblins for only once in the campaign, where they must ‘hold off’ the Fellowship with their near endless numbers (basically just a massive gobbie spam with no re-enforcements or buildings) in the halls of the great city until the timer counts-down (Balrog), then scene changes to the bridge of Khazad-Dum where he must defeat Gandalf the Grey(who will spam his abilities).
6. Skirmish at Amon Hen (Lurtz and Uruk-hai)
Lurtz and his Uruk-hai company attack the Fellowship, where they kill Boromir, ‘defeat’ Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli and ‘capture’ Merry and Pippin.
7. Siege of Helms Deep (Lurtz and Uruk-hai-massive army)
Basically Helms Deep from BFME1 except you get no buildings, same as those that defend the walls (except the Citadel), you get massive waves every minute and eventually you will get a siege mine (more will come in case it fails, even if the walls or the gate have been breached), the walls are pretty much full with Elves (I mean full) along with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Haldir, there are Elves set to bombard the area just in front of the wall from behind it, lots of Rohan archers on the gate and around the citadel along with many Rohan peasants behind the gate with Theoden and Gamling providing support for that area. The only way to win is to kill every unit and destroy the citadel, and that includes killing Eomer’s large Rohirrim army (along with Gandalf the White).
8. Battle of Edoras (Uruk-hai-smaller army)
Moving forward, another smaller host of the White Hand legions besieges Edoras to destroy any remnants of Rohan civilization and rulership, defended by many archers and peasants.
9. Terror in Ithilien (Haradrim)
The story turns east to the forests of Northern Ithilien, where a large convoy of Haradrim leading Mumakil is attacked by the Ithilien Rangers led by Faramir (consider making this the focal point of the ‘Evil-Men’s’ introduction?), and the player must burn down (or knock down) the forests to uncover the Forbidden Pool that will call constant re-enforcements of deadly rangers to Faramir’s aid.
10. Destruction of Osgiliath (Witch-King and the Nazgul and Gothmog and massive Orc-army)
The prologue to the Great Battle of the Third Age, you must push into Osgiliath and take over the bridges with the great army of Mordor whilst destroying all in your path. This is also where Gondor’s main forces are fist seen in the campaign.
11. Finding of the Ring (Takes place in Shelob’s Lair; Ugluk, Black Uruks, Orcs)
This is where fate intervenes to either save Frodo and signal the end of Sauron or spell doom for the lands of Middle-Earth, as you must use the large, yet limited, amount of orcs and black-uruks at your disposal to fend off Shelob, send Gollum fleeing for his life and kill Sam and Frodo to claim the One Ring.
12. Fall of Man (Takes place in Minas Tirith; massive Orc-army and massive Uruk-hai army with Grond spawned late in mission, Witch-King and the Nazgul, Gothmog, Saruman, Lurtz, etc, etc)
You start off with a massive army of Orcs and the Nine (as well as Gothmog), and like with Helms Deep you periodically get more waves of Orcs, until you get Grond; the city is virtually impossible to breach even with the siege towers and the catapults because of the fully upgraded and levelled units and heroes defending it (any Gondor heroes that haven’t been killed yet LOL), also because there are soldiers AND archers on the walls. Then everything speeds up (except the wave timers) as you move into the city to be greeted by Gandalf the White and the many soldiers accompanying him. The player will then be told to dismount the Witch-King at the gates where Gandalf will be on his horse, and the two will duel. If the Witch-King dies, then the mission is failed, so the flaming sword ability comes in use here. The soldiers should also be focusing on the Orc hordes. A minute later, a horn blast will sound signalling the remains of Rohan’s military, a large and well equipped + trained force of cavalry led by Eomer and Eowyn and they will have a permanent ‘Glorious Charge’ effect (they never slow when crushing in particular, although I think that was only in BFME 1). A minute after that, the player will hear the sounds of Mumakil roaring as the Rohirrim sweep across the Orc lines, and then ten fully upgraded and levelled Mumakil will spawn with archers atop them, and the Rohirrim will turn to face the new threat. Two minutes hence, just as the Rohirrim should be gone, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli will arrive with the Army of the Dead at their backs. They will kill virtually all of your army, then disappear as the three heroes will rush in to the city to bolster its defence. Then, when hope seems to have been restored, another tide of Orcs will arrive, surmounted by Lurtz leading the entire Army of the White Hand. A Balrog will be summoned too, and will have an infinite timer. Then it’s up to the player to use their heroes and units wisely to finally destroy the White City.
13. Dominion of Middle-Earth (Final mission just for fun; all units and heroes aside from the Moria faction (except for the Balrog) including Sauron attack Rivendell or some other random place :crazed: )
This is the only mission where buildings are buildable, and they are optional too. You’re armies and all the heroes you have will be more than enough anyway :blush: I would suggest placing Rivendell as the location for this mission, but eh. Just make it that there are tonnes of Elves of every kind (they form up to defend the last real sanctuary that stands between Sauron and the Elves that flee to Mithlond and then to Valinor) that are fully upgraded and levelled, plus all Elven heroes (except for Haldir) who are fully levelled up too. It will be difficult no matter what you choose to do, but either option (build or keep your army as it is) can still gain total victory.
14. Credits: All members of the SEE team, including those that have left.

Well, I hope that that gives you a general idea of what I would love to see in an Evil Campaign hehe, and also I hope it aids in the effort. By the way, mission thirteen isn’t really true to the movies and is just an opportunity to have some fun with everything along with Sauron, so if you do use this ‘script’, you can scratch that if you want, hell, scratch anything you want! It’s your mod :xcahik_: Anyways, if that ever happens, I don’t want credit for it; it IS just a script ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users