298 replies to this topic

#21 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

Seriously, its the same as back in Gundam one year war. I dont see the difference between zeon getting their asses kicked by amuro and a-laws getting their asses kicked by setsuna, so wats the problem? As for antagonists...louise hasnt fought yet. Her commander i consider to be a minor character (who still fucking fucked setsuna and exia up the ass in the first ep if you freaking recall). We havent seen anyone else in action yet either.

Ah linebarrel....read the manga and you'll noe that while he has this emo 'im the prick of justice' stage there too, it wasnt as bad as in the anime. Anime deviates from the manga a fair bit, though yes, ep 3 is swinging it back. Then again, i didnt find the manag that great to begin with. And i just know gonzo isnt going to handle this show well. Two early indicators, that detective guy's appearance implies there'll be some pointless side-plot, and the show has a loli prodigy. I mean...great....

One of the shows saving graces is RENJI THE FREAKING GOD
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#22 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

And? He still struggled, and Zeon eventually mass produces suits that are equal to the gundam.

According to 00, for their mass produced suits ot be able to beat the gundams, they must be from five years in the future and severly damaged when combat starts.

why even compare the two? There's a certain level of pwnage of grunts, Gundam did it, yes, but do they do it everywhere near he size of Strike Freedom, 00 or wing? No.

There's a certain threshold here which has been crossed, and it's a faggy threshold.

Edited by Stargazer, 22 October 2008 - 08:01 PM.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#23 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:00 AM

Actually, they pwnd the Gundams 5 years back too, when you actually think about it.....

just that they only had 30 of the damn things. Correction, 29 since Graham was too much of a pansy to just use a GN-X.

Anyways, third episode in, no main villian/antagonist has even been set yet, and they'd just finished recollecting all their members again, so everything is gonna take a bit more time to go.
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#24 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

they pwned the gundams? You sure about that?

Me personally, I wouldn't consider the annihalation of basically all of the GN-X's and GN Flag pwning someone, granted Sergei's and Soma's weren't blown to bits, but they weren't anywhere near combat worthy.

All the gundams were still alive, albeit fucked up, but they were all still alive.

The GN-x's failed, simple as that, maybe if they managed to actually kill a gundam instead of crippling a ship, then we can say they pwned the gundams.

All I see is that the GN-X's got their ass kicked and just about every ace from each army got killed, while CB only got their gundams damaged and Lockon dead.

Edit: Also, Graham got made to look like a complete and utter joke in the last fight, he basically lost to a crippled Exia after using Trans-am.

Edited by Stargazer, 24 October 2008 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Guest_Guest_Dark Lord Revan_*_*

Guest_Guest_Dark Lord Revan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:25 AM

i only agree about graham and the last fight.

the gundams had trans-am, which when you think about it is not just a gimmick to make the gundams better, but also part of the plot. without trans-am, all the gundams would be scrap metal by now.

why are why arguing about the grunts anyway? story's not about them, and previously both graham and ali-al sachez didnt need gn suits to beat them.

#26 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

Ah finally back home. Anyway come to think of it, soma peries' GN-X was totally undamaged wasnt it?

Allelujah also may or may not be 'dead'. Two bridge staffers dead. All 4 gundams are beyond repair. Kyrios is actually captured...even if it doesnt have its GN drive they can definitely get a shitload of tech from it. The plan is delayed 4 years. Lockon is actually DEAD. Im not sure how much worse it can get for him, maybe if he was guaranteed to be consigned to hell it would please you more?

No really what do want for it to be better? CB is completely and utterly destroyed, giving no continuity after those 25 episodes? For the gundams to struggle throughout the series, getting their asses kicked, therefore making it look like a completely futile effort with inferior resources to change the world before kicking the bucket in the end? Seems to me you'd like the series to be even more pointless.

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#27 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

Ah finally back home. Anyway come to think of it, soma peries' GN-X was totally undamaged wasnt it?

her GN-X lost an arm and a leg, so in that case it wasn't completely fucked, but that's 1 out of 30, that's still terrible.

Allelujah also may or may not be 'dead'.

I doubt he's dead.

Two bridge staffers dead.

Two bridge staffers who they easily replaced, oh the humanity!

All 4 gundams are beyond repair.

- Exia seemed quite a bit repaired as it raced out to attack A-LOL's.

- Dynames only lost it's arms and legs, Nadleeh only lost it's legs and head. So what you're trying to explain to me is that CB can create gundams that are infintely better then what an entire united world can make, yet they don't have spare parts for them?

- If they did indeed capture Kyrios (which seems likely since they do have Hallejuah), It seems strange that we can see no visible traces of reverse-engineering. Surely if you capture something that is more powerful then what you have, you'd reverse engineer it. Espicially Wave mode.

The plan is delayed 4 years.

- Clearly changing the world should be as quick as a click *click*

Lockon is actually DEAD.

- And in an act of copping out on the director's part, he is easily replaced by his twin brother.

Im not sure how much worse it can get for him, maybe if he was guaranteed to be consigned to hell it would please you more?

- And that comment is supposed to accomplish... what exactly? Lockon was one possibly the only decent character in CB, even though he, much like the rest, a complete and utter hypocrites. But no, if he is indeed a spirit, I hope he feels ashamed as he was killed by the same guy who killed his family, meaning he failed in his quest for revenge and also failed to change the world.

No really what do want for it to be better?

I want character development, I want exciting and interesting fights, I want bad guys who aren't made out to be jokes, I want suspense, I want the likes of Graham, Patrick, Soma and Ali to get more screen time then Drunk chick's cleavage.

CB is completely and utterly destroyed, giving no continuity after those 25 episodes?

Actually, if they were to all die at the end, and for a second group to arise and learn from their mistakes and eventually change the world in Season 2 would be better then "oh damn! We gots hurt in the last battle, well, we'll just make even more uber gundams then TRY THE EXACT SAME SHIT AGAIN."

For the gundams to struggle throughout the series, getting their asses kicked, therefore making it look like a completely futile effort with inferior resources to change the world before kicking the bucket in the end?

Clearly you don't understand what i've been saying. When I say "They shouldn't wtfpwn everyone constantly, it's boring" do you interpret that as "OMFG, CB should lost every battle!"?

If so, you should learn that between being too good, and nowhere near as good, there's this little thing called being "as good" as in the battles of equal, thereby creating suspense and an enjoyable battle to watch.

If being as good was the case, then everyone in the show would save face and be a lot more interesting. The aces from the nations would actually seem like Aces, and CB's obviously less trained pilots would seem as good as the aces. Win fucking win.

Seems to me you'd like the series to be even more pointless.

You can't get more pointless then the premise of this show. Unite the world? Stop war? Sorry, not possible. No wait, scratch that, it is possible, it's called KILLING EVERY HUMAN BEING. Considering CB won't do that, then yes, this show is as pointless as it can get. As long as their is people, there will be greed, want, etc etc, basically any emotion drives them, meaning their will always be conflict, meaning Gundam 00's storyline is POINTLESS.

Why you enjoy this show is beyond me. It's just a bunch of hypocritical boring characters, winning every battle way too easy, trying to do somethign which is impossible and thereby pointless, all the while berreing all the good characters who have depth, emotion and are enjoyable to watch.

It fails in the staple of just about everything that makes it a gundam.

- Decent protagonist? Nope.

- Decent antagonist? Nope, they're all made to look like jokes.

- Decent plot? Nope, completely pointless. A war of independence or a war of racism has some merit at least.

- Decent battles? Nope, because we know:

***SPOILER***

CB Wins all the time.

- The only thing it really has going for it is good character designs (aesthitically), good mech designs and ok animation (it, much like just about every other anime, still suffer from the static face moving mouth syndrome)

Random Note: Patrick Colasour is the second best pilot in the series in regards to Gundam kills, as he defeated Nadleeh and also took out Lockon's right eye, thereby making him lose to Ali, giving him a gundam kill score of 1.5, the only one who's above that is Ali who has 2.5 with Michale, Johann and Lockon kills.

EDIT:

Am I the only one confused as to why the HRL GN-X's lost the ability to use tactics after they fought the Throne Gundams? They worked in unison perfectally, they had that spinning flanking thing and more importantly, they fucked moved when flying around, it seems when they got to space, they kinda just stood their shooting in the gundams general direction.

once again, all the antagonists getting berried, it's fucking stupid.

Edited by Stargazer, 25 October 2008 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:54 AM

i totally agree with you Stargazer that was messed up with all the pwnin going on through out the season that's just total BS 800+ mobile suit getting wiped out by only 7 Gundams and don't even get me started about the last three episodes
i feel if you face an ace mobile suit pilot in combat it should be long drawn out battle for at least 2 episodes or so that's what i think anyways
its a shame what happen to Graham he is my favorite through out Gundam 00. i have a hunch that Graham may still be alive in season 2

but the way for those of you who don't already know Gundam 00 season 1 dub will be coming to the scifi channel on 11/24/2008

Edited by Zexion01, 26 October 2008 - 04:57 AM.

#29 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

It was confirmed he survived back at the end of season 1...

Posted Image

#30 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:04 PM

Ep 4, graham fights equally with oo and peries is kiccking allelujahs ass. Anyway, this is a gundam show, it seems to follow the style of many of its predecessors. If you want to complain about a gundam series, do it to destiny. Or G fighter.

Anyway, if gundam oo sucks balls so bad, why in the worlds are you watching it?

#31 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

same style of many of it's predecessors? The only style of which it follows is Wing and Destiny. Nothing else even comes close to this crapness, and no, G Gundam wasn't anything like this.

and why do I watch? I've stated it many a time, I have a total man crush on Patrick Colasour, Ali Al Saachez, Graham Aker, Sergei, Howard, Billy, Stuart, Randy, Henry and Soma. Now it includes that A-Law's guy, Louise, Saji and the scientist dude who was totally boning cleavage chick.

Yes, to be on my list, all you have to do is oppose the gaydamns.

Posted Image

#32 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

oops, Graham is no more, now it's Mr. Bushido?

>.>0 wow he has a horrible naming sense. also, Current Union aces still fight the Gundams toe to toe, and Gundams are supposed to have the advantage here.

Basically, wait it out to see what happens. you complain a bit too much, why not just stop watching the show?

In any case, there are quite a few other shows out there, watch those. Bleach is out of crap-fillers again, finally, and is gonna be good for a bit. Aporro finally pulled out his fabulous released suit, and is looking rather magnificent (Gay). Ichigo is going to get his ass pull out of his mouth very soon, and everything else seems to be going well.

Soul Eater is also very good, despite my sub-group being lazy bastards and I an now 6 episodes behind. hmm.....
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#33 Zexion01

Zexion01
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

The reason why i watch Gundam 00 is i got nothing else better to do with my empty life. To much information ?? :wink_new:
heh Mr. Bushido man Graham couldn't he of came up with a better name come on (the way of the samurai)? well, maybe the world thinks he's dead? and what with that weird looking mask he wearing. Three words only in Japan.

Edited by Zexion01, 27 October 2008 - 09:03 PM.

#34 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

Um.............

Do you even know anything about Samurai? That's a traditional Samurai mask that goes with the elaborate sets of armor they wear, so Mr. Bushido wearing a samurai mask seems to work pretty well?

And yes, Samurais are only in Japan, how observant of you?

jk lol, was a fun subject though.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#35 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:17 AM

why not just stop watching the show?

Perhaps reading my post would reveal that.

I still like Patrick, Graham, Ali, Sergei and Soma, so hopefully they kill the gundams.

Posted Image

#36 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

wasnt very clear but what I meant was, the show is called "Gundam" so isnt this a bit opposite to the effects?

On a sidenote, WTF Happened to Patrick? Havnt seen him since the end of last season and he has had no apearances at all, even though almost every other returning character has already.

Edited by Crusader, 30 October 2008 - 02:39 PM.

{SNIP -Mastermind}

#37 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

Character overload. He'll be back later in the series.

No...i never said G gundam was like 00, i meant g gundam is far worse. Its honestly one of the worst anime i've ever watched in my life in fact...

Somehow i believe that the name bushido is meant to be idiotic. In menclave's translation, he says his 'humiliation' was worth it.

#38 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

He better be back, he is the second best pilot in the series afterall.

Posted Image

#39 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:43 AM

If you mean skill i actually have to agree with you, thot= to me he's third behind ali and graham. Now i believe the meisters arent really as good as him.

Btw, i have the ps2 game, since its the official game, tink neil should really be dead. The extended ending shows his helmet blown out. Of course they could always retroactively change that like in seed...but i suppose this gives more credence anyway.

#40 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

I was going off Gundam kills.

but skill wise, yea, i'd say he's third.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users